Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax

• 22-07-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

The tax on two of my bikes are you this month. Does that mean I have to have them by the end of this month, or do I have 30 day grace covering me until the end of next month?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Officially there's no grace period. If you were stopped by the gardaí, it would be up to the individual garda to allow leniency. I'd say if they found anything else amiss, there'd be no leniency shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Like Ger said, there's no grace period. If your tax is up the end of July, you can tax it in the next week or at least the first week in August. Tis only €82 for the year. No point letting it slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Thanks guys I aways though you had a month grace from the time it expired. It doesn't say that on the site, but does imply it. It's just I'm off sick at the moment and that month would makle a difference, but I am alway legal and I need the 200Px to carry my mother. So I need both done. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Odysseus wrote: »
    Thanks guys I aways though you had a month grace from the time it expired. It doesn't say that on the site, but does imply it. It's just I'm off sick at the moment and that month would makle a difference, but I am alway legal and I need the 200Px to carry my mother. So I need both done. Thanks again

Well I have my renewal in front of me and this is what it says:

(Disc is 07-12)

(iv) Application is made prior to or during August 2012

Is your disc 07-12 or 08-12?

Unless your disc expired 06-12 you don't have to tax it until the end of August, if it did expire 06-12 then it needs to be done before the end of this month.

You don't gain anything by leaving it until the end of the month as you are still paying for that month. But in saying that if it is more financially viable for you to wait until the end of the month then there is no harm either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Vikings wrote: »

(iv) Application is made prior to or during...

My interpretation of that is that you do have a "grace period" but I wouldn't like to put it to the test. On one occasion I met the same guard twice as I waited for the tax book for a car I'd just bought. The tax expired the month before and he just barked at me to get it sorted out. In other words, I think the guards have not powers if the tax has just run out. Get well soon, by the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Vikings wrote: »
    Well I have my renewal in front of me and this is what it says:

(Disc is 07-12)

(iv) Application is made prior to or during August 2012

Is your disc 07-12 or 08-12?

Unless your disc expired 06-12 you don't have to tax it until the end of August, if it did expire 06-12 then it needs to be done before the end of this month.

You don't gain anything by leaving it until the end of the month as you are still paying for that month. But in saying that if it is more financially viable for you to wait until the end of the month then there is no harm either.

No disks is 07/12, so as arreas don't start until after 08/12. I can tax it anytime during 08 and that is fine , as I understand it. Think I mind pop inti the cop shop to dotay.

Advertisement