Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pressie for pregnant buddy

Options
  • 22-07-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,
    heading over to london in a few weeks to a friend of mine and her husband to stay with them for a few days. was talking to her yesterday and she told me the great news that she's pregnant!! so want to bring her over something or get her something over there for the oul pregnancy! anything that people would recommend??
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

a friend got us a lovely congrats on the baby card, an orchid and some chocolates! I was delighted- the thought meant a lot for me and I have enjoyed the orchid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Maybe a voucher for H&M/New Look or other shops that have maternity clothes? She's probably early on so that will be the first maternity type thing she'll need.

Or find out if she has the What to Expect When You're Expecting book, if not that's great to have at the beginning stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Some Mama Mio body products.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Bio oil ! Its fab :-) or a book of baby names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Vouchers for maternity clothing shops, the What to Expect Book and a nice plant/choccies are all good ideas. Try to make sure that you get your friend something that she will appreciate. Does she like to be pampered? If so maybe vouchers for a salon so she could go get a mani/pedi later in the pregnancy (when she can no longer see her feet), or for her favourite hair salon to get her hair done before the birth, so she will feel great for the new baby photos.

I tend to steer clear of buying cosmetics, lotions or potions for people because they are very personal and a lot of people (myself included) have chemical sensitivities or allergies. But if you know what brands she uses then go ahead.

A number of friends of mine had severe allergic reactions to Bio Oil.

I can think of few things worse than giving or receiving a present that is unappreciated or unusable, so whatever the suggestions keep in mind what you know of your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Somebody gave me a gift set from Mama Mio with tummy rub oil, shower gel and moisturiser- it's gorgeous, came in a lovely box too!A voucher for H&M would be great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A pregnancy pillow like this one is a good buy and something she won't have. "What to Expect", a names book, body lotions, clothes vouchers are all good. I once put together a wee bag with bio oil, Rennies, Galfer (iron tabs), belly bands (from New Look), a teddy and a book for a friend. She laughed....but ended up using everything:D

Advertisement