Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed over masters/what to do!

Options
  • 22-07-2012 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

I need some advice!
    I have a degree and was set on doing a masters this year.
    However, the financial end of things is really making me doubt it.
    My idea was to do a masters and then pursue a teaching qualification. I had wanted to do primary teacher training but I haven't good Irish. However, financially, I can barely afford to pay for one course, never mind two. If I get my masters, I am worried about the lack of job opportunities. If I were to take a year out and save I would be in my 30's when starting a masters/new course.(and I know age is no big concern!) I have the offer of a masters which would be a shame to waste. I was offered a h.dip earlier this year and said no, thinking this masters would be the better and cheaper option. I'm at a total loss over what to do confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

If you want to teach would you not be better to do a HDip first and work on getting employed in that area. i know of a good few teachers (secondary level) who are pursuing a masters in the evening while teaching full time. The masters may assist you somewhat in the teaching area but the HDip is what is needed I would have thought.

Advertisement