Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors letter from Eircom

Options
  • 22-07-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

We switched to UPC back in March of this year after 18 years with Eircom. Every bill paid on time with no problems.

We made the switch because we wanted to avail of the better broadband UPC offered.

We paid our last bill to Eircom in March. In July we received a solicitors letter saying we owed 37 Euro and giving us 7 days from the date of the letter to pay or end up in court.

We e mailed Eircom on the day we got the letter, explaining what had happened and pointing out that we had received no letters from Eircom for the amount "outstanding". We asked for a letter detailing what the bill was in respect and that we would pay it if it was indeed owed.

3 weeks later and I've received no reply.

Can one of your reps on here please contact me asap regarding this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

We switched to UPC back in March of this year after 18 years with Eircom. Every bill paid on time with no problems.

We made the switch because we wanted to avail of the better broadband UPC offered.

We paid our last bill to Eircom in March. In July we received a solicitors letter saying we owed 37 Euro and giving us 7 days from the date of the letter to pay or end up in court.

We e mailed Eircom on the day we got the letter, explaining what had happened and pointing out that we had received no letters from Eircom for the amount "outstanding". We asked for a letter detailing what the bill was in respect and that we would pay it if it was indeed owed.

3 weeks later and I've received no reply.

Can one of your reps on here please contact me asap regarding this.

Thanks

Hi Rockshamrover,

I have looked at the account using details from a previous contact. It seems that the letters are being generated from the amount outstanding on the final bill. Whatever happened towards the end of the eircom account, the final direct debit was rejected by the bank. I can see that up to this bill the payment history on the account was very good. The breakdown of the final amount you received on the letter is the last of the rental (totalling €17.22) and then a charge for the rejection of the direct debit (€18.45 inc. VAT or €15 ex. VAT) bringing the total to €35.67.

To resolve this issue you will need to contact the number on the letter for EG Hall solicitors. I have sent you a reprint of the final bill showing €17.22 for your records but due to it following the debt recovery process I have no access to make amendments, can only view the outstanding amount and some basic info. Get on to the solicitors and they will be able to advise you from here.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

I think you guys need to review your debt collection process, you should consider phoning people, after all, you have all our numbers ;)

Advertisement