Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle Bus to DIT?

Options
  • 22-07-2012 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus from Kilkenny to DIT? I got accepted to DIT for Sept and will have to travel to and from for a few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

There are loads of different campuses of DIT, which course are you going on? If it's in one of the city centre campuses, any bus to Dublin will drop you within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle bus from Kilkenny to DIT? I got accepted to DIT for Sept and will have to travel to and from for a few weeks.

I'd say early morning Kavanaghs bus or train will be your best bet. Bus cheaper I'd imagine, though I'm sure you can get a weekly/monthly ticket for either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mo14 wrote: »
    There are loads of different campuses of DIT, which course are you going on? If it's in one of the city centre campuses, any bus to Dublin will drop you within walking distance.

Thanks Mo. The campus is a 20 minute walk from Busuras [Kevin Street] Unfortunately BusEirann is out because the earliest I would get up there is 11:30 . I would have already missed a couple of classes.

mfitzy wrote:
    I'd say early morning Kavanaghs bus or train will be your best bet. Bus cheaper I'd imagine, though I'm sure you can get a weekly/monthly ticket for either.

Thanks mfitzy. I checked there website. 6:20Am and I would arrive around 8:30. I would have to wait for the 8:30pm bus home and would arrive home at 10:40pm. A long day.

Thanks Mo. The campus is a 20 minute walk from Busuras [Kevin Street] Unfortunately BusEirann is out because the earliest I would get up there is 11:30 . I would have already missed a couple of

Thanks mfitzy. I checked there website. 6:20Am and I would arrive around 8:30. I would have to wait for the 8:30pm bus home and would arrive home at 10:40pm. A long day.

Is there not a bus back at around 5 pm?

mfitzy wrote: »
    Is there not a bus back at around 5 pm?

There is but I would probably only be getting out at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Could you not stay for the few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I'm in Kevin Street myself :).

Kavanagh's leave George's Quay (15mins from college) at 17.45.

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/images/events/Clonmel-Dublin%20Timetable2012.pdf

There is but I would probably only be getting out at that time.
    Why not make some arrangement whereby you leave a few mins earlier. The other option does not seem viable at all.

ft9 wrote: »
    Could you not stay for the few weeks?

I might look into some B&Bs and see what they quote me until I can get things sorted with Dublin City.
    Mo14 I'm in Kevin Street myself .

Kavanagh's leave George's Quay (15mins from college) at 17.45.

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/images/even...etable2012.pdf

Thanks Mo.
    mfitzy wrote:

Why not make some arrangement whereby you leave a few mins earlier. The other option does my seem viable at all.

When I register and get my schedule I'll try and work something out with those teacher/s so I can make my Bus.

Advertisement