Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman, recycling bin!!

Options
  • 22-07-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

well,

anyone know if theres some change etc in mr binmans free recycle bin collection?? have left the bin out last 3 weeks on fri morn and wasnt emptied each time. now i know that bins were collected as neighbours had brown / black bins emptied but no one actually seemed to have green bin out either. i tried emailing, ringing them and nay reply....cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

well,

anyone know if theres some change etc in mr binmans free recycle bin collection?? have left the bin out last 3 weeks on fri morn and wasnt emptied each time. now i know that bins were collected as neighbours had brown / black bins emptied but no one actually seemed to have green bin out either. i tried emailing, ringing them and nay reply....cheers.

This week is green bin. Last week was black and brown. They changed their schedule. Customer service has gone to pot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

ahh nice one for that, no fear of the ****ers letting us KNOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Yeah Had an Idea it was something like that myself. Have to ring to pay for next few months so Might have a little rant on the phone to them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Stokolan wrote: »
    Yeah Had an Idea it was something like that myself. Have to ring to pay for next few months so Might have a little rant on the phone to them

It takes a good half hour or more to get through on the phones. Have had to call them a lot in the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

ahh nice one for that, no fear of the ****ers letting us KNOW!!

Had the same problem here, rang them and they said we had already received a letter notifying us of the changes! The lady on the phone sounded really peed off like we were the millionth person she had to say this to that day.

Following week out came the direct debit and it was five quid more than normal, rang them up again and they said we we're notified of the extra charges and changes in our direct debit in yet another letter that still has not come, yet again the lady on the phone was not impressed that she had to inform us of this.

Hence we have changed to oxygen for the old price bin man/qrl were charging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The new crowd (Quality recycling ltd) sent out notification of change of ownership. If was only by chance I noticed the new collection service dates on the back of the leaflet. Still taking bags as well as they haven't gotten around to giving everyone recycling bins yet.
    New service is ok for me as bin was only half full going out everyweek and it's cheaper than it was. How come some people have had increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I haven't received any letter re change of ownership or charges and it's due for renewal in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'm switching from Binman/Quality. :mad: We've been with them ages and the bins are looked after by the missus. When she wants the bins collected she just calls at the start of the month, pays by laser and they're collected for the month, simples. Some months we don't really need the bins, there might not be enough rubbish, so for June we just didn't call and pay, then when she called to pay for July this 'new crowd', Quality Recycling, told her she had to pay for June first. :eek: She said she never had to backpay before, we didn't have any bins collected ffs! She was basically told our bins won't be collected until our account is brought to date?! :confused: Well they can **** off now. It seems we're not the only ones, at least 3 of our neighbors have switched to Wastepal in the last month.

Any recommendations? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm with Waste Pal, that working out fine the only "downside" is they are early birds so unless you are "compos mentis" by 7 am you need to put it out the previous night - they do green/brown collection every two weeks which is excellent if like me you have plenty of grass, hedges etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

im with WatsePal and i dont have any probs with them, they sent ya a text every wednesday for collecting on thursday, where i live they come in the afternoons, which is handy if i forget to put it out wednesday,

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm with Waste Pal, that working out fine the only "downside" is they are early birds so unless you are "compos mentis" by 7 am you need to put it out the previous night.

That's not too bad I'm nearly sure Mr. Binman comes anytime after 6am to me.

Who's the cheapest at the moment? Going to ring around tomorrow.

Afaik Oxigen are doing this at 240 for the year. Binman 250 (at least thats what I was quoted). The rest were more expensive - I quoted everyone a few months ago and their prices had risen a fair bit compared to my previous pricing a few months before.

Sully wrote: »
    Afaik Oxigen are doing this at 240 for the year. Binman 250 (at least thats what I was quoted). The rest were more expensive - I quoted everyone a few months ago and their prices had risen a fair bit compared to my previous pricing a few months before.

Mr Binman is now gone up to €300 for the year . Oxygen is €240 with all 240l bins

Yeah my 6 month invoice was for €150 hence thinking of changing. Guess I'll be ringing Oxygen in the morning..

Jambo wrote: »
    Mr Binman is now gone up to €300 for the year . Oxygen is €240 with all 240l bins

Yeah but the agreement I had with them was that they would match the cheapest price. I assumed they would do the same with everyone because I was told only a few weeks ago they couldn't be beaten. It was true, until the day after I paid them and Oxigen dropped their price :P

Sully wrote: »
    Yeah but the agreement I had with them was that they would match the cheapest price. I assumed they would do the same with everyone because I was told only a few weeks ago they couldn't be beaten. It was true, until the day after I paid them and Oxigen dropped their price :P

Well we had been paying Mr Bin man €240 for the last yr, so were they matching that price or the old oxigen price.

Looks like most of my street switched yesterday judging by the amount of new bins oxigen dropped off here. Hopefully that means goodbye to Mr bin man and the 5am binlorry wakeup

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

nice one they collected today at last, would never have know bout change in collection schedule, thanks lads..now tell me this , how does one get bags off them??? i left em a note, emailed etc and still none..ive none left!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

€240 for rubbish disposal? Jog on..

1. The Cove.
    2. Riverwalk apartments.
    3. Kingfisher health club.

All free.

nice one they collected today at last, would never have know bout change in collection schedule, thanks lads..now tell me this , how does one get bags off them??? i left em a note, emailed etc and still none..ive none left!!!!

Thats another change. Mr Binman no longer require the rubbish to be in bags. You just throw all the rubbish into the bin without bags.

€240 for rubbish disposal? Jog on..

1. The Cove.
    2. Riverwalk apartments.
    3. Kingfisher health club.

All free.

If you get caught, the fines are massive and you can be jailed. Plus these areas are full of cameras, your probably costing the business more by dumping your rubbish and if you like your car clean you wont want to be dragging dirty bags of rubbish around town in the car so you can avoid the 20sh euro a month fee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Thinking of signing up with Oxigen, I had Mr Binmans free recycling service up until it went bust. Im living in a house now that I bought back in 2009, and the last 2 places I lived were apartments with free waste disposal, do I just sign up with Oxigen or is there anything else I need to do first ?.

J0hnick wrote: »
    Thinking of signing up with Oxigen, I had Mr Binmans free recycling service up until it went bust. Im living in a house now that I bought back in 2009, and the last 2 places I lived were apartments with free waste disposal, do I just sign up with Oxigen or is there anything else I need to do first ?.

For what its worth, Binman is still there under a different name. :) If you were using the free service and wish to move, than just signup with whoever else like Oxigen as if you never had bins before!

Advertisement