Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Clover in Lawn

Options
  • 22-07-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best way to get rid of clover in lawn?I have sprayed with lawn weedkileer but hasnt done anything to the clover.The lawn has been feed with a fertiliser last month.Anyone know of anything that works?
    Thanks Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I personally like having some clover in the lawn as it brings nitrogen from the air into the soil and acts as a natural fertiliser and greens up the lawn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, i don't think clover does a lawn any harm aesthetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Hi. I went to my local farm shop looking for something to get rid of all the clover in my grass. His initial reaction was "God, I'm usually asked for stuff to promote clover ..." Anyway, he gave me stuff to spray and I decided to try it on a trial area first. Sure enough it did remove the clover, but I found after a while that moss started to make inroads in this area in the absence of the clover .... where moss never got a look-in in the rest of my clover-rich grass.

Just an observation ...

It's a bit late now, but I'll pop out to the shed tomorrow and get an id on the stuff that I sprayed ...

/M.

P.S. I'd disagree with the previous poster. I think aesthetically a lawn full of clover is not very pleasing to the eye, and tends to fill the collector on your mower very quickly ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

BEES....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks Manuel,that would be great if you find the name of the stuff you used on your lawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Looks like Manuel got lost in the shed.....I want to get rid of the clover in my lawn too, starting to spread and I dont want it!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Optica from a company called Hygela. I got it in my local farm shop.

My experience was that it did clear the clover, and the grass survived intact.

For the record I never applied it to my whole lawn. I was just curious really to see if it would do the job, so I applied it to a small bit at the side of the house and it did work ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

NAD out at Blakes Cross will have it in stock.

http://nad.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

A bit far from me will get it in the local Co Op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Anywhere near Dundrum that might have it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement