Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Newbie

Options
  • 22-07-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

can anyone suggest a e cigerette for my & my partner to start with.Ive heard the cartridge ones are more expensive. any help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Hootanany wrote: »
    can anyone suggest a e cigerette for my & my partner to start with.Ive heard the cartridge ones are more expensive. any help would be really appreciated.

I can recommend the www.smokegreen.ie starter kit to begin life without fags. I used them for the first month of my vaping and they did the trick for me, have been using variable voltage devices for my 2nd month off fags. Green smoke e cigs are very handy for beginners as you only need to replace the cartridge when it loses its vapour and flavour, it works out costlier than using e liquid but at €1.8 for the equivalent of 25 cigs, it ain't bad is it.

The reason I went away from smoke green was the battery life which is about 3 to 4 hours at best and I needed about 4 batteries and 2 chargers to keep me going uninterrupted, plus the more powerful vaping that variable voltages devices offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I'd go for Ego batteries and Vision Egos starting off. And then you just need to pick a few different flavour liquids to try.

Something like this would be very good starting off: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/plus-electronic-cigarette-starter-p-140.html

Very easy to use and no fussing around. The batteries are good and you'll get a day out of them. They'll last as well so you won't be replacing them in 2/3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I'd recommend 2 x ego-c twist batteries each, charger each and a vivi nova v2 clearomiser each along with a few small size different flavour e-liquids until ye gauge what ye like and don't like flavourwise

The ego twist batteries give a bit more of a hit as you can turn up and down the voltage in them by twisting the turndial at the bottom. They come in 650mah which is the smallest size and go up to 900 mah and 1000 mah which are a bit longer but last longer too.

The Vivi nova tanks are very easy to fill and they come with 3 heads so for around €12 its like getting 3 clearomisers. I find they work very well better than any clearomiser system I've used anyway and I think they would be very suitable for beginners as they are easy to fill. (Just unscrew top and pour liquid directly in from the bottle)

There a thread here from the other day as well with some other recommendations and links.

Let us know how ye get on anyway and if yer stuck with anything or have any more questions just ask here as there always someone on that will help ye out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I prefer the Vivi Nova myself - has a better draw and throathit but think the clearos are good for out and about and are less bulky

sept09baby wrote: »
    I prefer the Vivi Nova myself - has a better draw and throathit but think the clearos are good for out and about and are less bulky

Thats true alright, there better for putting in the pocket as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Can you use them in a Pub

Can you use them in a Pub

Legally yes but each premises may have their own rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Thanks to all.

Thanks to all.

Let us know how it goes for you :)

Advertisement