Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead hedge?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Pa Dee wrote: »
    Looks like you or a family member may have been urinating on it ?

Very helpful:rolleyes::rolleyes: You should change your username to Pee Da:D
    And there's no way that activity would do that level of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Cats urine is a well know damager of trees, could it have been them :D

anybody read 101 things to do with a dead cat??? ;)

219156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

How did you know? You have cameras outside my house? If I pee on it some more do you think it will come back to life?

:)

Another very basic question; what do I use to stick the sleepers together and to the ground? Cement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

zipzoc wrote: »

How did you know? You have cameras outside my house? If I pee on it some more do you think it will come back to life?

:)
    Nope

• Advertisement

some sort of "v"shaped corner brace/bracket for the inside and flat ones outside.

can also use concrete for the base for sleepers.

or drive steel rods into ground on inside and attatch to sleepers.

attatch end of bed sleepers to wall using galvinised brackets on the inside

Oldtree wrote: »
    some sort of "v"shaped corner brace/bracket for the inside and flat ones outside.

can also use concrete for the base for sleepers.

or drive steel rods into ground on inside and attatch to sleepers.

attatch end of bed sleepers to wall using galvinised brackets on the inside

Thanks again for all your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shooting kerryman

Can anyone help I have a 3 year old Griselinia hedge and parts of it are thriving but more of it is going yellow and then leaves fall off and eventually dies completely die....Is it problem with water logged soil ? ? ? Thank you for any help

Do you have a water logged spot? Pictures of site would help along with a more detailed explaination of whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shooting kerryman

HI oldtree i am afraid i am new to this and cant put up a photo yet so you will have bear wih me, all of the hedge was planted at same time some of it is 3 feet tall now and doing great and the next 4 plants have gone yellow and failing fast ,next 10 plants can be great and on it goes like this... now where it is failing the ground is wet alright but so is everywhere this summer but do you think it is because of the wet ?

• Advertisement

Oldtree (or anyone else!), what do you think of Bay Laurel or Variegata for hedging?

The main thing is what do you think of it as you will have to live with it. think of all your requirements for the hedge and list them in order of preference, and then it would be easier for you to decide what would be best for your garden.

Advertisement