Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CED Files on JC everio?

Options
  • 22-07-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, does anybody know how to convert CED files from a JVC camcorder in to some other format that can be used by windows media or video maker? I has gotten to the stage where I have to by a new sd card every time my existing card is full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 r3dr00m

Used to have one of those JVC Everio, few years back. File format was one of things that made me stop using this camera. Absolute pain in the neck that is.

What I was normal doing after getting files of the camera, is to change their file extensions to .wmv, .mgp, .avi. This way windows could recognize the file and be able to play it.

However, don't know about editing it using Windows Movie Maker, I never used that software in my life to be honest with you, but if that simple step won't help you can use AVS Video Converter 8 and convert it.

You didn't say how old is your camera, mine was using MPEG-2 to compress the recorded video.

If changing file extension doesn't help, use AVS.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Camera is less than a year old.....waste of money,more hassle than its worth!

Advertisement