Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter holidays 2012-2013

Options
  • 22-07-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi! I would like to know whether there are fixed Easter holidays at UCD in 2013? I read that there is a fieldwork/study period from 11 March-24 March. Is this a free period? Any insights would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

They are the Easter holidays. Well, holidays for anyone who doesn't have fieldwork/study to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Magnolia27

WeeBushy wrote: »
    They are the Easter holidays. Well, holidays for anyone who doesn't have fieldwork/study to do!

Wonderful, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

We also get Good Friday & Easter Monday off. Our 2 weeks off are always around St. Patrick's Day, roughly halfway through the semester, rather than actually at Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

They used to be dependant on when Easter was, before UCD went with semesterisation, which sometimes left only a couple of weeks back in college before being off again for exams. Much better this way.

A weeks break in the first semester and a weeks break in the second might better, I always thought the second semester was more fragmented than the first. Although seeing as its a fieldwork break as well, those kind of things often need more than a week so it mightn't work in practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It generally wouldn't, for exactly that reason. Also, in 3rd and 4th year of my course (Physics) that break as a chance to get seriously stuck into lab work, so having the 2 weeks there when you know what you ahve to get done and when was a blessing - if it was one and one a lot of people would probably just waste the semester 1 week off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement