Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary insurance to go to the UK??

Options
  • 22-07-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

OK, this sounds doubtful, but I thought I'd ask.

We plan to insure via motorcaravan club as we do not have another vehicle. Everything (including proof of driving experience from relevant other insurance company) is in an envelope and ready to post tomorrow. Or possibly deliver if we can!

Trouble is that I have booked for an event at the weekend in England (it wasn't hugely expensive and basically I had to book it or have no chance to go) and I'd really like to get there.... I notice that in the UK you can get insured for 40£ or so per driving day, is there anything similar here? Or could it be taxed as a commercial temporarily?? Any other ideas...?

Hopefully it would be insured by the weekend anyway if everything is in order?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

OK, this sounds doubtful, but I thought I'd ask.

We plan to insure via motorcaravan club as we do not have another vehicle. Everything (including proof of driving experience from relevant other insurance company) is in an envelope and ready to post tomorrow. Or possibly deliver if we can!

Trouble is that I have booked for an event at the weekend in England (it wasn't hugely expensive and basically I had to book it or have no chance to go) and I'd really like to get there.... I notice that in the UK you can get insured for 40£ or so per driving day, is there anything similar here? Or could it be taxed as a commercial temporarily?? Any other ideas...?

Hopefully it would be insured by the weekend anyway if everything is in order?

Not sure if I totally understand...
    But if you feel you are limited to whoever your caravan club is with due to it being your only vehicle this is not the case.
    I believe dolmen will insure your van as your main vehicle and maybe in that case you can get a short policy.
    I do know however that dolmen won't do thus if it's NOT your only vehicle.

Advertisement