Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

topsoil by the lorry load

Options
  • 22-07-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

hi,
    i will be looking to get a large quantity of topsoil for my new garden its about 1/2 acre and i notice alot of web searching and companies etc is only by the tonne which would work out very expensive,is there any companies etc that does it by the lorry load 20-22 tonne and id prefer it to be screened ,wouldnt have to be very fine just screened and good quality for grass lawn...any ideas guys or recommendations and prices...i understand theres less building work going on so its harder to source it...im in dunshaughlin but the dublin meath area im sure would deliver,
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

try the sand man, he delivers stones by lorry load, so probably does this same with top soil. i have used him twice for pebble delivered. happy with service, just pebble was slighty different then the one on pictures on website. here is a website
    http://www.thesand-man.com/index.php

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

reeves transport. works all that area, has supplied to us by the truck load

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

ill try sand man and reeves ,do reeves do screened soil?what price roughly would i be looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭enricoh

try asking a spud farmer beside you, they wash the spuds n have the best of topsoil leftover, got a big dump trailer full 14ton for 100 euro and its great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

cheers i must try have a look around my area there are some farmers alright but i need a fair amount might be better just getting lorries loads screened thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement