Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel in galway

Options
  • 22-07-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all, i know there are plenty of these threads but no recent ones and we all know how a hotel can drastically change over time. :D

I want to go to Galway in August, not necessarily the city as will have a car. I am looking for something clean and comfy and cheap, no frills necessary :) I stayed in the Galway bay hotel before and wasn't wowed by it but didn't hate it either. It was full of elderly people (no disrespect to them) but i just felt like i was invading their space - getting stared out of it for sitting in certain seats etc in the restaraunt. Of course, thats not the hotels fault :D Its a bit pricey so looking for somthing a bit cheaper.

Any ideas?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

littlelulu wrote: »
    I am looking for something clean and comfy and cheap, no frills necessary :)

www.hostelworld.com - real up-to-date reviews, from real visitors who've stayed in hostel, bnb's, and hotels (rather than locals who probably haven't stayed in local places themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

thanks! :) its a nightmare trying to pick somewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Cant go wrong with the travelodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Stuck Cone wrote: »
    Cant go wrong with the travelodge!
    You get exactly what you pay for but they are very dull places to stay and it's really only a place to sleep. If you want something more exciting where you can meet people one of the hostels would be better. I'm not sure about the Galway ones but many have private rooms so you can have the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

If you liked the location of the Galway Bay Hotel, then there is more modern 'The Salthill Hotel' next door. Within a 1km radius, there are two family fun hotels which I am sure are cheaper; 'The Anno Santo Hotel' and 'The Rockbarton Hotel'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Depending on which nights you are staying try Garveys in Eyre Sq. No parking but it might work out cheaper to park in the various carparks across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

Garveys, cheap, exellent staff and. Very clean, cant go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wards in Lower Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

try the Clybaun Hotel.

Advertisement