Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term rentals

Options
  • 22-07-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I've been browsing the internet to try and find a cheap place to rent in Dublin West/South West for approx 2-4 weeks. However all I am finding are 'summer rental' type properties which have high rent.

Does anyone know of somewhere that may fit the bill that I may not have found? Ideally a place to myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Can you give an idea of your budget and your requirements? Do you need parking or access to public transport?

Short-term rentals are generally expensive because the landlord has no guarantee of occupancy. Have you considered asking a cheap hotel will they do a deal for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Have you tried B&Bs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Haven't considered/tried hotels or B&B's. Considering their rates, it could work out pretty expensive I would have thought. I'd need somewhere with parking for sure.

Edit: Sorry, I did find 1 B&B but it was €175 per week. More than I would like to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Haven't considered/tried hotels or B&B's. Considering their rates, it could work out pretty expensive I would have thought. I'd need somewhere with parking for sure.

Edit: Sorry, I did find 1 B&B but it was €175 per week. More than I would like to spend.

I know a girl who paid €550 per month for an ensuite double with use of an unused kitchen during her first year in college.
    Might be worth looking around.

Advertisement