Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost laptop on grafton street

Options
  • 22-07-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

LOST LAPTOP!! Emergency!

Please share this on your facebook. I was on Grafton Street watching buskers at 1:30 am (ish) on Sat night - near Bruxelles. I left my bag down which contained my macbook laptop. Then walked off without it.

I was talking to the buskers later and they said a guy called Shane from Crumlin picked it up thinking it was his. So this is grasping at straws but if Shane or his mates read this on facebook - please please get in touch - for a reward - and absolutely no questions asked.

I have a lot of work saved on that which took months to do. Anyway - please share this on your facebook. Maybe it will find its way back to me :). PS it was a purple tartan jansport bag. Shane if you are out there email me on graftonlaptop@gmail.com.

which section should this be in? is there a lost and found on boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

How long could it have been before you noticed you had no bag??

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

The reason I had it with me was because it had all my work on it :( - we had an attempted break in in the house 2 nights before so I thought I was being super safe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Sorry for your laptop loss but
    The reason I had it with me was because it had all my work on it
    have you not header of backups? Use a memory stick, dropbox, cd/dvd etc
    Even if your laptop had not been stolen what would have happened if the HD had failed?

You mentioned work on the pc? Anything confidential? Any data identifying anyone? If so have notified the people involved and have you told the data protection commissioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

i changed my boards password and gmail , dropbox etc.
    FYI - you can see the list of last IPs who have accessed your gmail - just press details at the bottom of your gmail.
    nothing odd so far - but will keep checking.

anyway - yes - brought it to the pub to be safe :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

charlesh wrote: »
    anyway - yes - brought it to the pub to be safe :(

There's your problem right there OP.

'Pub' and 'Safe' should never feature in the same sentence together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

A guy I know was doing exactly the same thing and if you are that guy I fecking told you not to bring your laptop to the pub with you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Many Grafon Street patrons (I am encompassing both the goodguys and badguys here) go to Grafton Street to "rub shoulders" (both for pure vanity and bad intentions in equal measure) with the more well healed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

biko wrote: »
    AH->Dublin

Next time you want to move a thread filled with crap from AH to DCF either clean it up first or just don't bother, keep it because I'll be sending them back in future for you to do the cleaning up. I thought this was sorted out awhile back.

I've had to clean 14 replies from AH to the OP.. Fourteen for crying out loud, I don't want to have to do that again in here.

OP, welcome to the Dublin City Forum and let me apologize for the crap which was thrown at you, its not something we encourage here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Next time you want to move a thread filled with crap from AH to DCF either clean it up first or just don't bother, keep it because I'll be sending them back in future for you to do the cleaning up. I thought this was sorted out awhile back.

I've had to clean 14 replies from AH to the OP.. Fourteen for crying out loud, I don't want to have to do that again in here.

OP, welcome to the Dublin City Forum and let me apologize for the crap which was thrown at you, its not something we encourage here.

Was this meant to be sent as a PM.

Because the next time you want to throw a bitchy, little hissy fit due to the stressful nature of your mod job please do so privately. I think it's unfair for board users to have to read such drivel.

And also, take a chill pill.

Because the next time you want to throw a bitchy, little hissy fit due to the stressful nature of your mod job please do so privately. I think it's unfair for board users to have to read such drivel.

Infraction ~ YOU do this again and you'll have a lengthy ban from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Ssssshhhhh, don't upset a mod when he's flexing his cyber muscles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Hint of an over reaction with the infraction me thinks

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ssssshhhhh, don't upset a mod when he's flexing his cyber muscles

Next poster to take this topic off topic or question a moderators action will take a one week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I'm from Dublin and I genuinely think the OP is buzzing off our proverbial "left ones". In my opinion.

I'm from Dublin and I genuinely think the OP is buzzing off our proverbial "left ones".

Well thats not your decision to make.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

How did the buskers know he was Shane from Crumlin? I never make an announcement when I pick my bag up off the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Since you want to do this in public, I'll remind you of a pm you sent to Biko which you asked to be relayed to the rest of us.
    "It would be helpful if AH Mods left a note to say the thread has been moved over to us, you don't have to clean it up.. It'll just mean that we're not infracting who innocently posted in AH and get a slap in DCF."

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Since you want to do this in public, I'll remind you of a pm you sent to Biko which you asked to be relayed to the rest of us.

Cool, and its been sorted with BIKO via' a PM in the last while.

Btw, nice one revealing the contents of a private mail to Biko for the attention of the moderators of After Hours. But point taken, and thank you.

OP you are more than welcome to start a new thread on the loss of your laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

MJ-Popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Cool, and its been sorted with BIKO via' a PM in the last while.

Cool, Biko hates Dublin and posting anything about Dublin on After Hours is a big no no, I guess that's why the threads get dumped here.

Next poster to take this topic off topic or question a moderators action will take a one week ban.
    Super-Rush wrote: »

One week ban for Super-Rush.

For the forum's attention I've no idea who closed the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement