Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire MMS - Meteor

• 22-07-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

Boyfriend has the above for a few years and could never receive MMS.

I've tried every setting under the sun, the ones posted here, in google, I've rang the contact centre, I've put it in my phone (a galaxy S - I can receive MMS) I've even done a little settings dance around the phone. :rolleyes:

It's a new SIM, so no issues there.

So my question is this, does anyone have the above phone where the MMS settings actually work and could you please post up these settings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

Try these settings:

Meteor MMS Settings
    * APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    * username: my
    * password: mms
    * proxy address: 010.085.085.085
    * proxy port: 8799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Thanks, but no luck.

Still getting 'generic network failure'

try wap as the password instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

mms is the password, but the standard port and ip for proxy should be blank.
    Use the details above for the mms port and proxy
    Set the mmsc as https://mms.mymeteor.ie

Meteor are able to send the setting to the phone. Had my sim in a old nokia once popped it back in my android few hours later meteor sent the settings still thinking i was using the nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I couldnt send/receive MMS messages on my desire. Turned out i had the mobile data turned off. Maybe check to see if his mobile data is on, and not just wireless.

I'm not sure it actually uses mobile data, but for some reason I had to enable it last time i wanted to send one.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I couldnt send/receive MMS messages on my desire. Turned out i had the mobile data turned off. Maybe check to see if his mobile data is on, and not just wireless.

I'm not sure it actually uses mobile data, but for some reason I had to enable it last time i wanted to send one.

It does use mobile data ill check my settings now and send them over.

Name: Meteor.
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: mms
    mmsc: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    mms proxy: 010.085.085.085
    mms port: 8799
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 03
    apn type: internet + mms

Hope this helps. :)

*sigh*

I've tried all your suggestions. Nothing. Thanks anyway.

I give up, considering I used to work for meteor and did this every day for customers, I can't fathom this one at all.

You can't send settings to HTCs for some reason, they need to be entered manually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Is the phone originally a meteor phone? I've seen this issue on phones that weren't unlocked properly

• Advertisement

subway wrote: »
    Is the phone originally a meteor phone? I've seen this issue on phones that weren't unlocked properly

Not sure about that what i do know about these smart phones are its very bloody hard to get the mms and the internet working. :D

New phone bought now, thanks for all your help anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

stevek93 wrote: »
    Name: Meteor.
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: mms
    mmsc: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    mms proxy: 010.085.085.085
    mms port: 8799
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 03
    apn type: internet + mms

Hope this helps. :)
    My settings are the same as above with a Desire on Meteor and I can send and receive MMS, except apn type which is just mms. Additionally, mms protocol is set to WAP 2.0.

Advertisement