Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Phone One X or S3

• 22-07-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I know this has been done a million times before but I am looking for some answers on which phone has the best camera. Ive pretty much made up my mind on what phone to get but my decision may be swayed by the quality of the camera. Can owners of both phones give me some feedback?:D

Comments

From what I've seen, in perfect conditions the S3 takes a better photograph, but when the light is not perfect the One X takes a better photo (which in fairness is when I use mine most, eg on a night out or in the evenings) . I have a One X, it takes great photos. Have only used a friend's S3. But Ive seen a few reviews that seem to agree with me.(There are some good comparison reviews on the mobile section of the engadget website especially on the podcasts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You will find it hard to find owners of both phones and that's what you need for an unbiased opinion.

From reading the views its split straight down the middle so just get the one you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Had the same decision to make this weekend. Having come from HTC's (Desire HD and Sensation) I actually jumped ship to the S3, interface is brilliant as is the phone in general.

Great phone, TBH, you won't be disappointed with either, but just go into a shop and play with both and see which one you prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

you will hardly notice the difference between both,,,

If this is your biggest worry I would suggest going with which one you simply like more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

These are two great phones, and play around with them, the S3 felt better in my hand than the One X, that and the fact that the battery is removable and it lasts longer, its easily rooted and the camera rocks but the One X feels more solid and better built

My last phone was a HTC Desire HD

Get your hands on the Pencil Camera, its class, got it free with Samsung apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ljezny.pencilcamera&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5samV6bnkucGVuY2lsY2FtZXJhIl0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

bogman wrote: »
    These are two great phones, and play around with them, the S3 felt better in my hand than the One X, that and the fact that the battery is removable and it lasts longer, its easily rooted and the camera rocks but the One X feels more solid and better built

My last phone was a HTC Desire HD

Get your hands on the Pencil Camera, its class, got it free with Samsung apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ljezny.pencilcamera&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5samV6bnkucGVuY2lsY2FtZXJhIl0.

Great find!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Damoedge

Sony Xperia S...best camera going! 12MegaP

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php

Its a phone he wants, not a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Damoedge

bogman wrote: »
    Its a phone he wants, not a camera

Well if you bothered to look at the link you will see it is a phone! which has the best PHONE camera out there at the moment. just giving the op food for thought thats all

Thanks for spending your time to come on here to write one line to put someone down for giving advice.....really.....people like you ruin boards!!!

Damoedge wrote: »
    Well if you bothered to look at the link you will see it is a phone! which has the best PHONE camera out there at the moment.

I stand corrected Damoedge, sorry about my stupidity

• Advertisement

Damoedge wrote: »
    Well if you bothered to look at the link you will see it is a phone! which has the best PHONE camera out there at the moment. just giving the op food for thought thats all

Thanks for spending your time to come on here to write one line to put someone down for giving advice.....really.....people like you ruin boards!!!

Just to note, the best camera on a phone is the Nokia PureView 808, it's 41 Megapixel. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77307835

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In the exact same position myself, need to get a new phone in the morning and its between the HTC 1x and the SGS3????

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In the exact same position myself, need to get a new phone in the morning and its between the HTC 1x and the SGS3????

You'll be happy with either, both are great phones and have similar specs. My advice would be to just go into the shop, pick up both, and then choose which ever you prefer, based on looks and how it feels in your hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In the end went for the crappy S3 ;) I really like the look of the HTC1X in white but the black is very dull. Had no working samples of the HTC in the 5 shops I went into so had a play with the white S3 and took the plunge. I had the S2 before it so should settle in alright with it.

I will let you know what I think of it in a few days. :cool:

Advertisement