Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOUND DOG - VERY ILL - HELP PLEASE

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Aw, poor little guy...I'm so sorry he turned out to have cataracts, But again: Blessings, and maximum respect to you for doing your best for him.

I really do hope they find someone to take him. He looks a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Whatever happens, you done a good deed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Aww - He's such a sweet little guy. I really hope something can be done for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SpyderCats

Aww he's so gorgeous!! I really think he will be snapped up in no time, he really is so beautiful and he looks so happy. Well Done you :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

OP you did an amazing thing. My heart honestly hurts for the wee fella but you've given him the chance at a new life.
    When I spoke to the DSPCA a while back, they said they didn't put healthy animals to sleep, so hopefully this wee man will find a home where he can heal up and finally find some love and attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Last time I was at their shelter in Rathfarnham there was maybe half a dozen dogs roaming round as they please in and out of reception with doors opened for them like they owned the place.....hopefully they find an extra space for this little chap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is the dog all white or is his coat multicoloured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Last time I was at their shelter in Rathfarnham there was maybe half a dozen dogs roaming round as they please in and out of reception with doors opened for them like they owned the place.....hopefully they find an extra space for this little chap

Those dogs maybe have been volunteers own pets. I saw a few the last time I was up there and I commented to one of the volunteers how nice and well behaved they were, they told me they owned the dog! Fair play the DSPCA for taking the dog as I also noticed a big sign up saying they were full to the brim and can't take anymore dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

AMAZING NEWS

They found the owner! :)

He was taken down off the DSPCA website and I feared the worst.

But I checked their Facebook page. The picture they posted on the 26th July is him. In the comments below someone recognizes him as their relatives dog.

An update a few days later by the DSPCA confirms the dogs owner was found! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

WHOOP, WHOOP!!

Really happy for you both. He's home and you've done a good deed in saving him. Big up yourself!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Is it good news tho? The state of the dog when you found him doesnt say much for the owner unless he was missing a hell of a long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was thinkin that myself
    As the state you found the dog in and his health
    I don't know the story as to why the dog was missin
    Was the dog abandoned? Or did he
    Just go missin
    If I knew the background then it'd clarify it for me
    Until then I'd be worried but hope the dog is alri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I got worried about the owner claiming him back also, but I checked the facebook page and it seems he was someones Grandmothers beloved pet who had been missing for 6 weeks and she had been missing him terribly!!

So I think this sounds good. He was probably due a haircut and those 6 weeks got him into a desperate state altogether! I wonder how he managed for the 6 weeks though-with the bad eyesight and stuff? Anyway I think this sounds like a great ending!!!

Again well done Dean0088:D

Advertisement