Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending Set Pieces

Options
  • 22-07-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

This hadn't been a major problem for me but at the start of this season I'm literally conceding at least one a game from corners. Same players and instructions as usual.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Try specified training in the match preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

As in ticking the "defending set pieces" circle? I'm doing that but to little or no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

As in ticking the "defending set pieces" circle? I'm doing that but to little or no avail.

214305.jpg

If that doesn't help, then try alter your individual set piece instructions, and don't continuously alter them, make a change and give it time to take effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I was conceding a lot from corners. Stuck a man on each post and it helped big time. Still concede a few, but nowhere near as many. Most of the goals I concede (which isn't even that many) come from free kicks now. Haven't figured out a set up for that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

@Tvercetti: I should have mentioned that I'm using FM11, I think I've done all of that.

I also stick a man on each post which does help a lot but sadly the problem seems to be more a case of my players failing to win their individual aerial duels.

Have you guys noticed a particular set of attributes that are particularly important?

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement