Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC RF fob

Options
  • 22-07-2012 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why my fob keeps blinking red when first pressed then red again then green ? Command is going through on the first red blink . no low batt or fault showing . Fob is 6 months old and this has only started to happen recently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anyone know why my fob keeps blinking red when first pressed then red again then green ? Command is going through on the first red blink . no low batt or fault showing . Fob is 6 months old and this has only started to happen recently

Red means it is not communicating with the control panel, Green means it is. I would down power the fob and then put the battery back in.
    Hopefully that will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

no luck :(

Has to be the fob so, if it is only 6 months old then it will be covered under the warranty.

I'm thinking it's the new panel . As the fob not getting the confirmation from the panel for a few seconds ( press > system arming > red > green . It's as though the first signal from the fob is waking up the RF modual on the panel and then the panel is sending the signal .

Now the fobs going red red red orange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

Now the fobs going red red red orange

Red means the signal never reached the panel.orange means it did reach the panel but never received it's confirmation.what it's the signal strength of the fob??? Do you have the fob id to more than one panel??

I didn't know that was possible with the two way .. I'm certain I removed it from the old panel . The commands are going through on the first red light ... It's strange as if it's left for an hour it does this then works fine

Put it into engineer and pressed the fob now it's flashing 17 times red then 1 green then 17 red then 1 green

Mainly geting Sig -47dBm and the odd, - 48dBm to -55 dBm @ 3 meters from panel through drywall

Now I'm getting a keyfob low batt but that clears when I leave engineer mode and isn't being reported when arming or by a fault light

• Advertisement

Ah there it is .. Fault light and " keyfob low battery" on arming .. It's only 6 months old

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should be getting much longer than that on the battery.

I think I have a spare batt . Il give it a shot and see what happens :/

Never changed the batt and the fault has cleared so I'm guessing it's the fob or panel :/

Advertisement