Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One man - and his dog?

• 22-07-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We were trading yesterday at a village festival. Tha trading tent was fenced off with metal security barriers, very handy for displaying larger items like our hand knitted scarves and baby jackets.

Lots of dogs around; a youg husky who has already tugged its owner over with a resulting nerve damaged hand, a Portugese water dog and a sweet white whose name evades me... Just had its hair cut...Bichon frise? And a magnificent GSD/Lab cross.

It was busy but I noticed a young collie had been tied to the barrier behind ours, grass area and busy there.

It was much later I heard it barking and realised how long the dog had been left there, in hot sun and with no water. Collies when distressed bark with their whole body, almost lifting off the ground; he was doing this.
    Inconsolable.

We got someone to sort out water; made a note to add a bowl to the contents of the car as no one had one.....improvised by cutting a big water bottle across and I think they went to the pub for water..

Just got the water to the dog when the owner appeared. Arty type around 30. I tackled him about leaving his dog out in the heat for over an hour with no water...

" Yes, I agree, it was totally wrong.. I forgot it.."

And off he went before I could close my mouth.

As another stallholder said, how could he forget his best friend...

Advertisement