Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying housemates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

blacklilly wrote: »
    My doctor told me to rant about my housemates on boards, said that would help....he was wrong

Get a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

gara wrote: »
    I am a nice person, I swear

I've never once in my life heard a truly nice person say that

There's a first for everything;)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Dont you know everyone is self-righteous on the internet!
    I've lived with some mega annoying people in my time, I see where you're coming from-- you have your rant! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

hondasam wrote: »
    Get a second opinion.

Jesus hondsam slagging is one thing but you've lit on the OP at every opportunity here - give it a rest maybe?

Sauve wrote: »

Jesus hondsam slagging is one thing but you've lit on the OP at every opportunity here - give it a rest maybe?

Maybe hondasam thinks I'm their house mate

kfallon wrote: »

Not sure anyone wants my sense of humour tho :o

I'll take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

OP, get access to the Ranting and Raving forum, there's an "I hate my housemates" thread that you would fit right into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Maybe hondasam thinks I'm their house mate

Hondasam lives alone. Housemates would annoy me tbh. I would hate having the place untidy etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'll take it

As an actress said to a bishop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Rent a one bed apartment no one to bother you then. I don't understand people who share and then expect everyone to live by their rules.
    Have you thought it might be you that's wrong here?

Do they get on with each other?
    In that case why not just do your own thing and let them do theirs.
    Coming on here bitching about them only serves to make you look bad and them look like saints to put up with you. Sorry.
    why do people assume they can come on here post crap about housemates or what ever and we will all think it's funny.
    It usually makes them look bad not the other way round.
    Sorry next time maybe include in your op that you are not perfect either and don't make everyone else out to be bitches.

What a tirade! Let's never ever EVER live together, okay? ;)

• The thing is, OP, is that you definitely do things that annoy your flatmates. Everyone does. It's just really arrogant to make out that they're really irritating while you're totally grand. I can guarantee that you have annoying habits, whether it's talking loudly on the phone, banging around at night, leaving your clothes in the washer too long, hair in the plughole, being selfish/rude..I guarantee that you annoy them as much as they annoy you.

I'll take it

As an actress said to a bishop

I'm not an actress, are you a bishop?

The thing is, OP, is that you definitely do things that annoy your flatmates. Everyone does. It's just really arrogant to make out that they're really irritating while you're totally grand. I can guarantee that you have annoying habits, whether it's talking loudly on the phone, banging around at night, leaving your clothes in the washer too long, hair in the plughole, being selfish/rude..I guarantee that you annoy them as much as they annoy you.

Apparently she's a disaster for skiddies in the jax :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Apparently she's a disaster for skiddies in the jax :pac:

Thats you kfallon. Stop projecting your flaws onto others :pac:

I'm not an actress, are you a bishop?

No! But I have one ;)

• Advertisement

The thing is, OP, is that you definitely do things that annoy your flatmates. Everyone does. It's just really arrogant to make out that they're really irritating while you're totally grand. I can guarantee that you have annoying habits, whether it's talking loudly on the phone, banging around at night, leaving your clothes in the washer too long, hair in the plughole, being selfish/rude..I guarantee that you annoy them as much as they annoy you.

My comment about me being totally normal and sound was meant to be taken in jest. This is after hours isn't it?
    I don't for one second think I don't annoy them occasionally.
    Btw all the things you mentioned above.....I do none of them

Thats you kfallon. Stop projecting your flaws onto others :pac:

I have a trusty toilet brush thank you very much :mad:

Definitely took your, "I'm normal and sound" comment as a joke. Over some people's heads whooooooosh!

No! But I have one ;)

How'd you manage that?

• blacklilly wrote: »
    My comment about me being totally normal and sound was meant to be taken in jest. This is after hours isn't it?
    I don't for one second think I don't annoy them occasionally.
    Btw all the things you mentioned above.....I do none of them

You don't THINK you do. Nobody ever thinks they're an annoying flatmate. That's the point. I get that your comment was meant in jest (obviously!) but you obviously actually believe that. They're really irritating flatmates/people while you just annoy them 'occasionally'. Uh-huh. :rolleyes: You might not do these things but the point is, you definitely have annoying habits.

One of the most hilarious things I ever heard was when my flatmate was slagging me off when she thought I was out. She complained that I talked on Skype until 11pm, came home 'late' and woke her up (she was a light sleeper and just the door closing would wake her up), occasionally forgot to turn on the extractor fan and that I got up 'too early' (7am, started work at 8.30) and woke her up because the bathroom light shone into her bedroom (???) She seriously thought this made me the worst flatmate in the world, while she regularly left piles of dishes and dirty clothes around the flat (including knickers soaked with period blood), trimmed her fringe and left the hair in the bathroom sink, never used deodorant...yet she was totally oblivious to all this. She genuinely thought she was a great flatmate. Gave me a good laugh to listen to anyway, before I moved out the next week. Point is, NOBODY thinks they're a bad housemate. Most reasonable people accept that they're going to annoy each other a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sorry next time maybe include in your op that you are not perfect either and don't make everyone else out to be bitches.
    Dont post here again, more thread spoiling

I never said they ALWAYS annoy me, on occasion they do as I'm sure on occasion I annoy them

I never said they ALWAYS annoy me, on occasion they do as I'm sure on occasion I annoy them

It's ok, you've explained yourself more than enough already :)

• blacklilly wrote: »

That's called living with people. They don't even sound bad IMO...think you're being a bit unfair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

You don't THINK you do. Nobody ever thinks they're an annoying flatmate. That's the point. I get that your comment was meant in jest (obviously!) but you obviously actually believe that. They're really irritating flatmates/people while you just annoy them 'occasionally'. Uh-huh. :rolleyes: You might not do these things but the point is, you definitely have annoying habits.

One of the most hilarious things I ever heard was when my flatmate was slagging me off when she thought I was out. She complained that I talked on Skype until 11pm, came home 'late' and woke her up (she was a light sleeper and just the door closing would wake her up), occasionally forgot to turn on the extractor fan and that I got up 'too early' (7am, started work at 8.30) and woke her up because the bathroom light shone into her bedroom (???) She seriously thought this made me the worst flatmate in the world, while she regularly left piles of dishes and dirty clothes around the flat (including knickers soaked with period blood), trimmed her fringe and left the hair in the bathroom sink, never used deodorant...yet she was totally oblivious to all this. She genuinely thought she was a great flatmate. Gave me a good laugh to listen to anyway, before I moved out the next week. Point is, NOBODY thinks they're a bad housemate. Most reasonable people accept that they're going to annoy each other a bit.

How do you know it was period blood, is it a different colour to blood you have from a cut, or were you in her knickers when she was (I get it very hard to talk about this type of thing) in her cycle,

anyway hi OP were all annoying at times its learning to accept other peoples failings which enable us to live together, (not me and you) people in general.

• How do you know it was period blood, is it a different colour to blood you have from a cut, or were you in her knickers when she was (I get it very hard to talk about this type of thing) in her cycle,

anyway hi OP were all annoying at times its learning to accept other peoples failings which enable us to live together, (not me and you) people in general.

You can pretty much assume that a large amount of blood in someone's knickers is period blood. Now you mention it, maybe she cut her vag shaving and bled everywhere. That makes it so much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

How do you know it was period blood, is it a different colour to blood you have from a cut
    You can pretty much assume that a large amount of blood in someone's knickers is period blood. Now you mention it, maybe she cut her vag shaving and bled everywhere.

/puts fingers in ears....
    lalalalalalalalalalala

You can pretty much assume that a large amount of blood in someone's knickers is period blood. Now you mention it, maybe she cut her vag shaving and bled everywhere. That makes it so much better!

Well this is it, sometimes you have to think outside the box, she might of fell on a sword.

Well this is it, sometimes you have to think outside the box, she might of fell on a sword.

Tbh we're all thinking about her bloody box now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

Think thats bad? Try living,with Alf, Bigfoot and Mr Belvedere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Jesus stop talking about periods ffs!!!!!!! :eek:

Next time they annoy me I'll just punch my dog

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is that a euphemism? :confused:

I bet your housemates get annoyed by your dog :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

To be honest, I dont think I ever would move in with other people. I think Id only hate it too much.

No its not a euphemism, if it was would be better to punch my cat.

Also obviously I'm messing about punching my dog, actually feel bad for even saying that

It could be worse, he might of said box his dog, sorry Syndeyfife.

No its not a euphemism, if it was would be better to punch my cat.

Also obviously I'm messing about punching my dog, actually feel bad for even saying that

Tbh your housemates must be ok if they let you keep a dog, see they're not such a bad bunch after all :D

It could be worse, he might of said box his dog, sorry Syndeyfife.

:confused: Im all for banter, slag away....but just make it funny next time and i might even thank it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

FFS

syndeyfife wrote: »
    :confused: Im all for banter, slag away....but just make it funny next time and i might even thank it

For some reason I get it hard to do the funny thing, it is probably because I live on my own so I don't mix with other people very much, so I never really get to practise it,

but I think I am learning from the Boardsie crew.

For some reason I get it hard to do the funny thing, it is probably because I live on my own so I don't mix with other people very much, so I never really get to practise it,

but I think I am learning from the Boardsie crew.

Right ok, well feel free to practice on me!

My second housemate here was a bit of an oddball, bless him. He was obsessed with recycling.....I'm all for recycling and would be fairly thorough about it myself but one night at about midnight I heard a knock on my door. Twas my housemate holding the teensiest tiny piece of plastic and he says to me, "I found THIS in with the paper :mad: !".

Ehhh ffs like.....if you found it, could you not just put it in with the rest of the plastic and get on with it? This went on for the 5 months we were together until one day he decided it was best to monitor me every time I recycled something. He'd stand over me while I did it. I only remained patient and bit my tongue because I was paying dirt cheap rent on the place with bills included.

Overall though, I've been very lucky with housemates. Kinda miss not sharing with randomers now....

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Get a grip OP.

Save enough to get a place on your own, then you will discover the pounding on the ceiling is nothing you can do, let alone negotiate about, and you are resigned to a life of ear plugs and wishing you had people you could at least see in order to communicate difficulities of sleeping or related stuff.
    You have no idea how easy you have it.

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Right ok, well feel free to practice on me!

The words every man wants to hear.....

:pac:

• Advertisement

The words every man wants to hear.....

LOL, I knew it would be you, when I read it I ran out the door with arms and legs flailing all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How do you know it was period blood, is it a different colour to blood you have from a cut, or were you in her knickers when she was (I get it very hard to talk about this type of thing) in her cycle,

Did you try the bear test?

You hang them out a window and if it attracts bears its period blood. Otherwise she needs to learn to use a ladies gillette.

LOL, I knew it would be you, when I read it I ran out the door with arms and legs flailing all over the place.

Am I getting a reputation on here? :mad:

Badhb wrote: »
    Get a grip OP.

Save enough to get a place on your own, then you will discover the pounding on the ceiling is nothing you can do, let alone negotiate about, and you are resigned to a life of ear plugs and wishing you had people you could at least see in order to communicate difficulities of sleeping or related stuff.
    You have no idea how easy you have it.

I have a good grip

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

I have a good grip

I sincerely doubt that, considering you are posting on AH about your relatively pathetic problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement