Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying housemates

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Badhb wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt that, considering you are posting on AH about your relatively pathetic problem.

Kerrrrist She's having a lighthearted vent. Why post if it's so 'pathetic'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

this is nothing a cup and some bran flakes wouldnt solve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

When did AH become so serious! You'd swear I killed a kitten!
    Anyway Ive had my bran flakes and feel fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I have one housemate who skypes all day. With thin walls in the house you can hear everything. Pisses me off when he skypes for hours into the night and again the next morning. It could be at half six or seven in the morning. Cant leave it until the middle of day. Oh no, he can skype during the day but its not enough. This is seven days a week.

Another cheapskate was to cheap to buy his own stuff. I bought toilet paper every week for the past 10 months I was here. He never bought it. He was able to justify it by saying he buys salt and pepper. What? How much is salt and pepper? A euro each in aldi? Bought once every 6 months. I dont use salt and pepper at all. Salt is bad for you and I hate pepper.

Now how much is toilet paper? 3 euro every week for a 9 roll pack in aldi. Thats 12 euro a month. Over 10 months that I was here, thats 120 euros.
    Ok he's on the dole. No excuse really, I am too. Only difference, he spends his money on drink and fags.

Im moving and getting out. Im taking my toilet paper and salt and pepper with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blacklilly wrote: »
    I have a good grip

tell me more ;)

[Quote=Blazer;79868378

tell me more ;)[/Quote]

Ehhhhh.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think I've identified your problem here...

You're a woman living in a house with other women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nailz wrote: »

And a dog, don't forget the dog.....

This has all the makings of a great sitcom imo...."4 Bints & a Boxer!" :p

Nailz wrote: »

Yes the house needs testosterone! As for the dog, I'm giving her to my parents, she's a Springer and our garden isn't big enough for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

When I first moved to Galway i only knew one person so i moved into the house he shared with a few others. everything was grand between me and him we usually just sat in a hzy bubble and tried not to be around when the landlady called (rent was a slight problem!) so this was grand except for the girl who I'll call Sarah (I'll let you choose if thats her real name or not!) that lived in the house too . Now i know the sterotypical view that women are cleaner smell nicer than boys isn't always true but this took the biscuit!

if she was in the sitting room watching tv and you wanted to watch a bit too you had to pretend to go in, get something (magazine, lighter whatever and leave again but leave the door open. to freshen the room you could say before going back in later.

Another time we had a few mates round and some of the girls went for a tour of the house came back into the room and thought that her room had to be either my room or my mates as it stank so bad, when we told them it was a girls they refused to believe until Sarah came home and went to her room and wouldn't come out all night (thankfully).

Alas this was not the most cringeworthy thing i witnessed in the house. The last night i lived there (myself and my mate were moving the next day into town) i was busy packing some things into boxes when i hear sarah, her boyfriend (WTF!) and his mate come in after a night out. The TV goes on and after a few minutes i hear walking up the stairs into her room and silence. for about 30 seconds that is... the still night silence was broken by moans of delight and passion. feeling sick at hearing this i headed to my mates room where the noises couldn't be heard and helped him pack instead. it was passing the sitting room that i decided to knock off the TV (save the planet etc etc) and noticed the lump on the couch was Sarah's boyfriend. She had taken his mate upstairs to ride instead. Classy bird indeed.

Oh yeah she also hated snails and made a point of killing everyone she seen. weird

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    When I first moved to Galway i only knew one person so i moved into the house he shared with a few others. everything was grand between me and him we usually just sat in a hzy bubble and tried not to be around when the landlady called (rent was a slight problem!) so this was grand except for the girl who I'll call Sarah (I'll let you choose if thats her real name or not!) that lived in the house too . Now i know the sterotypical view that women are cleaner smell nicer than boys isn't always true but this took the biscuit!

if she was in the sitting room watching tv and you wanted to watch a bit too you had to pretend to go in, get something (magazine, lighter whatever and leave again but leave the door open. to freshen the room you could say before going back in later.

Another time we had a few mates round and some of the girls went for a tour of the house came back into the room and thought that her room had to be either my room or my mates as it stank so bad, when we told them it was a girls they refused to believe until Sarah came home and went to her room and wouldn't come out all night (thankfully).

Alas this was not the most cringeworthy thing i witnessed in the house. The last night i lived there (myself and my mate were moving the next day into town) i was busy packing some things into boxes when i hear sarah, her boyfriend (WTF!) and his mate come in after a night out. The TV goes on and after a few minutes i hear walking up the stairs into her room and silence. for about 30 seconds that is... the still night silence was broken by moans of delight and passion. feeling sick at hearing this i headed to my mates room where the noises couldn't be heard and helped him pack instead. it was passing the sitting room that i decided to knock off the TV (save the planet etc etc) and noticed the lump on the couch was Sarah's boyfriend. She had taken his mate upstairs to ride instead. Classy bird indeed.

Oh yeah she also hated snails and made a point of killing everyone she seen. weird

You can't beat a smelly housemate!
    One of my house mates once passed comment about my other house mate having her bf over (which doesn't happen often) Said she didn't like the thought of them having sex and could smell the sex!
    I mean wtf?
    She once asked me what my relationship was with a male friend as she was sure we were at it and it made her uncomfortable.
    I told her we were at it like rabbits just to shut her up (we were not at it at all)

You can't beat a smelly housemate!

More's the pity! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I used to live with 3 wimmin as well a few years ago. Their periods used to sync up and it was hell on earth for 3 days every month, used to sync up with the full moon too, freaky coincidence.

One was my girlfriend and she was a raving alco, who'd either start a row or get all teary about her parents kicking her out, the other one was some cantankerousness auld bat form ballyfermot, who hated men. I mean detested men. Only men she liked were Turkish blokes coz she used to go there for her hols twice a year coz she knew that the Turks'd ride a fat yoke like her to try and get a visa and she loved being on a power trip with them.
    Then there was the Scottish girl, she was proper gorgeous, wonderfully nice girl, but man she had issues, bi-polar issues. One day she'd insist on making grub for the whole house and she'd be really cool to everyone and the next day she'd look through you as if you weren't there or try and overdose on sleeping pills. (we'd to call the ambulance on 3 separate occasions to save her)

I couldn't hack it, I honestly started going grey and I was only 21 at the time, so dumped the one I was with and got outta there. Hope the Scottish girl sorted herself out though.

OP, run, run like f€ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I've never house shared but if I had, I think I would fall into the annoying category.

I've never house shared but if I had, I think I would fall into the annoying category.

That's very honest of you to say so! And what makes you think you'd be annoying?

kfallon wrote: »
    That's very honest of you to say so! And what makes you think you'd be annoying?

Cos I'm a stroppy mare :p

Cos I'm a stroppy mare :p

I have controlled many a stroppy mare in my time and have to do so on a daily basis given my sporting day job :pac:

I have controlled many a stroppy mare in my time and have to do so on a daily basis given my sporting day job :pac:

Tsk! Riding, that's all you ever think about. And you're wondering where your rep comes from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭liamhana

the suggestion of sexual wrestling mentioned a while ago to solve the problem seems to be coming back to the fore. .... Yahoooo!

• Advertisement

liamhana wrote: »
    the suggestion of sexual wrestling mentioned a while ago to solve the problem seems to be coming back to the fore. .... Yahoooo!

I wouldnt sexually wrestle any of them

Tsk! Riding, that's all you ever think about. And you're wondering where your rep comes from :D

I'm one of the greatest riders of all time......my 6 Champion Jockey titles will testify to that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Your housemates sound fairly normal to be honest, I've lived with some mental housemates in my time. One of my housemates used to take a piss in the shared bathroom naked with the door fully open, he was very obese. He also used to wipe his arse with the entire roll of toilet paper and put it back with the **** stains facing the wall so no one would initially see it. Nasty man, we had to kick him out! He used to masturbate to rte in the living room in the middle of the day drunk. True story!

This housemate of mine takes the biscuit though (if you have the time to read) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67742552&postcount=118

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

jeez I thought this would be a light hearted thread, how wrong I was!
    OP got a serious (very unjusitifed I thought) burning throughout.

I can completely see where your coming from OP.
    The wan I live with is actually sound can be a small bit annoying sometimes (i'm sure I can be as well)

Just little simple things like I came home yesterday and she had rearranged my bathroom for me! She hasn't used it once since I moved in (she has an ensuite) so would have no business in there really. But my bin and cleaning stuff had been moved about everywhere (I think i've a touch of OCD as well and this kinda thing really annoys me!)

Also i went to have a cup of coffee as well and discovered she's finished off my milk, wasn't impressed. :( It's only a 5 minute walk to the shop, so it didn't put me out too much, but at the same time it wouldn't have put her out to go buy some as well. It would have been a bigger deal if i'd woken up this morning and had no milk for my cereal!!

And then I discovered she's dumped the remainder half of a bottle of red wine I had, it'd been open about a week and I was going to use it in my cooking. Again, a small thing but pretty annoying. It wasn't as if it was left hanging around making a mess. It was left beside her opened bottle of white wine which was thrown out??

Went to look for a new place to live, reckoned it would be best to find somewhere by myself (I'm pretty clean and tidy and hate other people touching my stuff, probably why the above annoyed me a fair bit). But to rent a one bed apartment in a similar area in Dublin i'd be talking about a 30-40% increase on my rent a month, just not feasible!!

I'd rent my own place too but as you Said its just too expensive to rent a one bed by yourself .

Would love to come home every evening and not have to worry about anyone bothering me (or vise versa, before I get eaten alive again)

I'd rent my own place too but as you Said its just too expensive to rent a one bed by yourself .

Would love to come home every evening and not have to worry about anyone bothering me (or vise versa, before I get eaten alive again)

I'd love to live on me own too but to be fair the guy I share with is nice and quiet. I've been lucky with housemates, only one I didn't like and I got rid of him as soon as I had a chance!

Btw 'got rid' is not the Fred West type of getting rid :o

• Advertisement

Ive had some really nice house mates too but I've had some awful ones as well.
    Cant wait for the day I can walk into my own place and walk around naked.!

Ive had some really nice house mates too but I've had some awful ones as well.

Is that the height of your ambitions Lady Godiva? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I dream of the day I can walk around the outside of my house naked. It's awkward in a semi-d.

Is that the height of your ambitions Lady Godiva? :D

Yes that and to ride a horse naked

Awww Lilly, would you like to house sit whenever I am away? You can parade around naked to your hearts content.

Just stay away from the bottom drawer Biatch!

• Advertisement

Awww Lilly, would you like to house sit whenever I am away? You can parade around naked to your hearts content.

[COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]Just stay away from the bottom drawer Biatch![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sounds great! Maybe lock your bottom drawer though:P

That's why i would be an annoying housemate.... I'd steal all the batteries :D

There is a 'drawers' joke there but I'm too lazy to think of it! :rolleyes:

That's why i would be an annoying housemate.... I'd steal all the batteries :D

I use solar power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

My housemate won't let anybody use the dishwasher or let any of us put clothes on the radiator to dry them because they "steal all the heat". I put a pair of tights on one to dry and found them in a ball, soaking wet on the floor outside my room a while later. We don't have a garden to hang them out in so it's really annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Next time they annoy me I'll just punch my dog

You lost my support at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

My housemate won't let anybody use the dishwasher or let any of us put clothes on the radiator to dry them because they "steal all the heat". I put a pair of tights on one to dry and found them in a ball, soaking wet on the floor outside my room a while later. We don't have a garden to hang them out in so it's really annoying!

Would you not say something. That would drive me demented.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Next time they annoy me I'll just punch my dog

You lost my support at this point

I was messing. I love my dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I was messing. I love my dog

Bestiality. Worse again

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Bestiality. Worse again

Grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

It's simple, if you share an appartment or even a room (like me), you have to put up with certain ****. Just as your flatmates have to put up with your ****.
    If that's too much of a hazzle, you better find a space of your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Insurgent wrote: »
    Would you not say something. That would drive me demented.

Trust me, it's not worth the hassle! She's a tad..eh...crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My house mate has to be the worst. Leaves dishes on the sitting room floor. Never cleans up makes a lot of noise as well as eats my food. He has his girl friend over all the time so i suggested she pays a third the esb but nothing.

His girlfriend is the landlord so its quite the tricky situation.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    My house mate has to be the worst. Leaves dishes on the sitting room floor. Never cleans up makes a lot of noise as well as eats my food. He has his girl friend over all the time so i suggested she pays a third the esb but nothing.

His girlfriend is the landlord so its quite the tricky situation.

Oh that is a tricky one. Did he meet his gf through renting the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Oh that is a tricky one. Did he meet his gf through renting the place?

Let me get this straight he is banging the land lord?? I actually have a house mate and I've never seen him wash any sheets or towels since he moved in. I'm starting to wonder what he is doing with them. He could go through a box of cereal and two litres of milk a day. He makes cups of tea and just leaves them full lying around, I actually found one in the bathroom. I could go on.

Can I retract my first post. I've now realised my house mates are fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Let me get this straight he is banging the land lord?? I actually have a house mate and I've never seen him wash any sheets or towels since he moved in. I'm starting to wonder what he is doing with them. He could go through a box of cereal and two litres of milk a day. He makes cups of tea and just leaves them full lying around, I actually found one in the bathroom. I could go on.

Maybe your house mate is this guy http://www.wyseguys.com/blag/****ty-roommate/meet-jed/

Can I retract my first post. I've now realised my house mates are fantastic!

See, better the devil you know.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

I now live alone when I previously lived in shared accomodation I shared with an individual who had a few "quirks"

-I found his mouldy bread in the bread bin and through it out, he was anoyed as "You can make alcohol from mouldy bread"
    -He lived on the scraps of what other people in the house ate and on occasion took food I had put in the bin and ate it
    -He came down the stairs one morning with a large swastica(sp) drawn on his hand when I asked him what the hell he was doing he said "The Zionists had ruined his country (he was greek) "

Was his name Eddie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Now how much is toilet paper? 3 euro every week for a 9 roll pack in aldi. Thats 12 euro a month.

That's *mentally calculates* 36 rolls of loo roll a month. :eek:

What the fuck are you lot eating? Laxative and prune curries?!

Advertisement