Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my 3 Prepay BB returnable

• 22-07-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I Bought the 3 prepay 'suft kit' today for €39 & got it home & nota stitch of coverage.i was told i would have coverage and i live in a town so assumed i would.
    anyway just wondering if i go back to store ( 45 min drive away) will i get a refund or is it my own tough luck?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You will get a full refund.
    Make sure you bring all back with you box etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

SO drove back today & they wouldnt return it & were really really snotty about it.they said i shouldv call the tech team & got a disconection code from the idea i was using it in before returning it & that there was nothing she would do there in store(actual 3 store so the mind baffles).
    Dont know what to do now as its costing me the same on diesel driving up & down.Bad & very poor customer service :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Ring the Customer support number and give them the details and if its a 3 problem they will give you the disconnection Code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

susie05 wrote: »
    I Bought the 3 prepay 'suft kit' today for €39 & got it home & nota stitch of coverage.i was told i would have coverage and i live in a town so assumed i would.
    anyway just wondering if i go back to store ( 45 min drive away) will i get a refund or is it my own tough luck?

Not a stitch of - pure culchie shinin' through! *Not a child in tha house washed yet, nor a stitch of clothes on ye!!" :D I have a 3 Modem myself, it has worked great from the beginning for a few months, but for the past while it has been giving me grief and I pay 30 quid per month for it. I don't have that kind of money to be wasting on dis-service. :(

I also live in right in the middle of a town, so I don't see why there should be a coverage issue, but it just continuously drops the connection, continuously loading blank Search pages and God only knows what it's at.

It looks like it is still "in coverage," all the 5 bars are white, until I physically dis-connect and then the apparent "Excellent" coverage has gone down to around 3 bars - "Fair" or whatever it's called. But like, it's apparently in Excellent Coverage until I click on it, so that's a blatant lie in itself.

And I get loads of error messages to, about broken cables, and Domains, and this that and the other, also the latest one is telling me I have to sign in to My3?? But sure I've never had to sign in to My3 before to connect to the Internet, plus how can I sign in to My3 when I can't even get onto the bloody Internet anyway! :rolleyes:

Also I'm very skeptical about how or why the Status Activity Sent and Received Bytes still accumulate / increase and decrease? even when it's out of coverage and I can't load the Internet, so I'm not looking up anything, so why is it using up Bytes of coverage on me?! :( Do you notice that happen to you? It may have something to do with how it's falsely still showing as being in "Excellent" coverage when I really know it isn't in coverage.

I've realized as well, that having ticked the box to automatically connect to the Internet when Computer/Laptop is switched on possibly ensures mis-informs the Status Activity that the Internet is supposedly in "Excellent" Coverage when it's not really, so that could be why my data bytes look to be getting used up when they shouldn't be? :rolleyes: So I've un-checked that box now.

For the past couple of days it hasn't been giving me trouble, but it should be like this most of the time, and not giving me grief the rest of the time! It's too much money to be flitting away and not getting the service. It's a pity really as I've used Modems for the Internet before when living in the city, from both Vodafone, and 3, and I think 02 as well, and they were mostly fine, I think only a couple of occasions I had a spot of bother with them but that was all.

I think after the Contract with them is up, I will be moving to another I.S.P. with a more regulated guaranteed level of service, as I don't have the money for it other-wise. I would have thought there would be some form of a "Grace Period" where you could return it at the start after buying it..... That sounds rather peculiar......

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

Not a stitch of - pure culchie shinin' through! *Not a child in tha house washed yet, nor a stitch of clothes on ye!!" :D
    he,he will have to change my lingo..my cavan accent is showing itself.
    yeah i really cant understand why i they couldnt just refund me less than 24 hours since i puchased it.i get the whole needing a dissconection code but surely them being a 3 outlet could do it.nonsense imo. tis a scandel :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

susie05 wrote: »
    he,he will have to change my lingo..my cavan accent is showing itself.
    yeah i really cant understand why i they couldnt just refund me less than 24 hours since i puchased it.i get the whole needing a dissconection code but surely them being a 3 outlet could do it.nonsense imo. tis a scandel :D

They simply sell the product , All aftercare is done by customer service.

Advertisement