Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'd love to be able to...

• 22-07-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Draw. But I'm just too **** at it. I tried for years to get better but I've never been good. I'd love to be able to draw. Some of my friends have me in awe with their talents. They're really gifted. But no, I'm just an evil genius with a disposition to suicidal tendency. (Bad joke)
    Honestly though I'm not particularly talented at anything. Average at lot of things. I'm about as plain as you can be, bland, boring and generic.

I'd really love to be good at art though. I just have to accept I wouldn't be. I don't think it's something you learn really though if you just don't have "it".
    I like to be good at something.

Would would other boardsies like to be good at that they're not?
    You're good at talking ****e:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Think of a funny first reply to a thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

The sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Id love to be able to sing :( was talking to someone on video chat earlier, thought my mic was off......singing away for ten minutes before he told me he could hear me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dance! I'm fooking useless. I did tap and jazz dancing when I was a teenager and I wasn't great back then either. I was always the one tripping over my feet and forgetting the steps. I loved it though. I suppose it doesn't matter if you're great at something as long as you enjoy it.

Actually considering restarting tap n jazz dance classes sometime later in the year. Maybe I'd be better at it now that I'm not a self-conscious teen?

Like yourself OP, I don't have any outstanding talents but then I think most people don't. Only the minority are exceptional at something. I'm okay with that, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I'd love to be able to cook, although the fact that I'm good at the sex means I never have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Dance! I'm fooking useless. I did tap and jazz dancing when I was a teenager and I wasn't great back then either. I was always the one tripping over my feet and forgetting the steps. I loved it though. I suppose it doesn't matter if you're great at something as long as you enjoy it.

Actually considering restarting tap n jazz dance classes sometime later in the year. Maybe I'd be better at it now that I'm not a self-conscious teen?

Like yourself OP, I don't have any outstanding talents but then I think most people don't. Only the minority are exceptional at something. I'm okay with that, actually.
    I'm definitely not. Perhaps I should be, but I'm not. I am determined to excel in something and I will. Or die trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Id love to be able to sing :( was talking to someone on video chat earlier, thought my mic was off......singing away for ten minutes before he told me he could hear me!!!

Were you any good???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I can sing, and play guitar and piano and a few other instruments. Ive always found it easy to learn new instruments so I guess thats my talent.... I too would love to be able to draw though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hello

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'm definitely not. Perhaps I should be, but I'm not. I am determined to excel in something and I will. Or die trying.

Maybe that comes with age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

...play drums. Used to drum for a couple of bands (didn't get anywhere...not that I/they were serious...more for fun), then shot my knee out (and need surgery) so I've been a grumpy boll*cks since. :(

But OP, have you tried picking up/going to classes/books/dvd's?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Sing. I'm a great singer on my own ad in the shower. Place an outside pair of ears and something funny happens my voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd like to be able to ride around on a Dinosaur with lasers like Dino Riders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Whistle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

spel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Give myself a blowjob

chin_grin wrote: »
    ...play drums. Used to drum for a couple of bands (didn't get anywhere...not that I/they were serious...more for fun), then shot my knee out (and need surgery) so I've been a grumpy boll*cks since. :(

But OP, have you tried picking up/going to classes/books/dvd's?
    You won't believe me but I actually have very little time. I train everyday during the week and have music lessons and matches to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Snap my fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

Play drums...

le la rat wrote: »
    Walk
    Aw, You're in a wheelchair:( ?
    Bummer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I love to be able to write an imperial Shakespearean tragedy. But I've yet to figure out the iambic parayard :(

You're in a wheelchair:( ?

He has no legs

You won't believe me but I actually have very little time. I train everyday during the week and have music lessons and matches to play.

Tough to find or make the time, especially with other interests and/or work. Have you tried to even sketch in any free time during the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'd like to be able to do a somersault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I'd love to be able to cook, although the fact that I'm good at the sex means I never have to.

if you can read, you can cook!

Duno, I'm happy with the things I'm going at. Be cool to be good at some form of martial arts though. Did a bit while in college, great craic throwing people around :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Win the lotto

bluewolf wrote: »
    Duno, I'm happy with the things I'm going at. Be cool to be good at some form of martial arts though. Did a bit while in college, great craic throwing people around :p

Judo?

I used to do jiu jitsu. Great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Skateboard.
    I'd KILL to be able to skateboard. Have tried and tried and tried, but it ain't happening.

I'd love to be able to sleep properly tonight :(

Tough to find or make the time, especially with other interests and/or work. Have you tried to even sketch in any free time during the day?
    I've tried drawing some anime lately. Never really been into it but I kinda like the style. Just copying pictures mostly. I'll post one.

Judo?

I used to do jiu jitsu. Great fun.

twas jiu jitsu :)

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Oh don't get me started. I'm going to take 20mg of Stilnoct now and try and get some kip. The only negative is the hangover you have in the mornings. I have found Valium quite useful too, which is strange to me because it only has relaxing properties not meat to induce sleep. Stay away from herbal ****e, it doesn't work in my experience, but then again it might work for you so maybe do give it a try.

+1! Feckin roastin'.

I've tried drawing some anime lately. Never really been into it but I kinda like the style. Just copying pictures mostly. I'll post one.

Some of it is very good (and dark), even though it looks like it's for kids!

if you can read, you can cook!

I can't read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I'd love to be able to play the guitar.

Oh don't get me started. I'm going to take 20mg of Stilnoct now and try and get some kip. The only negative is the hangover you have in the mornings. I have found Valium quite useful too, which is strange to me because it only has relaxing properties not meat to induce sleep. Stay away from herbal ****e, it doesn't work in my experience, but then again it might work for you so maybe do give it a try.

I did the 'criime' yesterday so have to do the 'time' tonight :(
    +1! Feckin roastin'.

It's not the heat, it's the fella with rats for eyes and the spiders in me bed that'll have me awake!

• Advertisement

+1! Feckin roastin'.

Some of it is very good (and dark), even though it looks like it's for kids!
    Yea some of it is actually so amazing. I'm starting to love it actually. I went to see an anime film last year in Dundum! I just can't remember the name of it but from then I've kind of gained an interest.

It's not the heat, it's the fella with rats for eyes and the spiders in me bed that'll have me awake!

:confused:

....slenderman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'd love to be able to play piano.

I did the 'criime' yesterday so have to do the 'time' tonight :(

Ah, poor lad. I'll be getting a bit of the same I think.
    On Friday night a spider actually did crawl on to my bed and I jumped with the FEAR.
    Have you ever seen the rats running up the wall?
    I remember being 18 and drinking every day for 2 weeks on holiday with not even a hangover:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ahsured

I'd love to be able to fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Were you any good???

I was screeching like an absolute muppet.....I am the worst singer in the world

I was playing the guitar and singing my head off one day when my Mams friends came in with her and into my room to hear me:eek:
    Told me I was very good and wanted me to continue:o:eek:
    I don't think I even touched the guitar for about a week after that.
    My singing is so...pop :o *gets sick*

Oh that's why the dogs were barking in the streets earlier :eek:

:p

I was playing the guitar and singing my head off one day when my Mams friends came in with her and into my room to hear me:eek:
    Told me I was very good and wanted me to continue:o:eek:
    I don't think I even touched the guitar for about a week after that.
    My singing is so...pop :o *gets sick*

She clearly wants your body, you should drop the hand next time you see her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I'd love to be able to fall asleep easily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement