Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootmgr is missing after swaping cases

Options
  • 22-07-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭

I dont have a clue about this problem, never seen it before. I was bored today so I wanted to swap cases from the R3 to the silverstone FT02. I also wanted the practice of building computers.

I seem to have everything going well but I turned on the computer and i get blasted with a Bootmgr problem. Iv tried the windows repair but no use so im thinking have I installed the ssd right? Should be easy enough I thought ,sata cable and power cable (anyway to know if the ssd is even powering on? Also not showing in Bios)

my motherboard is this

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD53.html

Im think have I done anything to cause this problem? Was working earlier this morning but after the transfer for components, not now.

I really hope some kind soul will help me out please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Possibly its booting from sata 0 and you have your boot drive in sata 1(or other).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dont ya hate when you've a made a thread and 10mins later you fix the trouble
    I look like an idiot now lol

How i fixed the trouble is that Iv used windows repair and kept trying to repair the trouble and for some unknown reason the 3rd time it actually fixed the problem, I was able to get to the desktop but in the bios it still didnt pick up on the ssd. So Iv heard this happens to some ssd's that you have to plug out other sata stuff and then you'll see in in the bios and guess what it was there

so im all fixed, thanks for the reply anyway ed

Advertisement