Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Bullsh1t. The only reason the Anglo arrests happened yesterday is because the ODCE were going in front of Peter Kelly again this morning and if they cudn't show they were making some progress he'd have publicly knocked the bollix out of them.

Budgetary matters will come to public attention as soon as the Dail returns. the current figures of 700/1,000 are only kites to prep the public for a rough budget (much the same as means testing childrens allownace for people who earn 100k plus). Then when the actual figure this year is a mere Euro300 people won't feel so bad (but inevitably the figure will rightly rise to 700 to 1,000).

Exactly what they did last year, fly kites for about 6 months before the budget.

Really instill's confidence that does, no wonder the local economy is on its knees when this shower spend half the year putting the fear of god into people.

Amateurish.

BTW, you don't that they timed the break up of the dail to be on the day that case was to be heard again?
    Doesn't the dail normally break on a thursday or friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

kr7 wrote: »
    Unlike you dv, I don't sit by the telly/radio or whatever waiting with glee for more developments in trying to enforce this bull****e tax.

I've better things to be doing with my time.
    Too busy spending countless hours on Boards spouting on about it to pay attention I suppose.

dvpower wrote: »
    Too busy spending countless hours on Boards spouting on about it to pay attention I suppose.

7307 posts v 361 posts. LOL:D:D:D

Actually, some of us have work to do, you should try it!

kr7 wrote: »
    361 posts. LOL:D:D:D
    I know. And all in the last two weeks. Its very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

whatever about them eejits in the dail, the real burning question is.....

........if all the property tax threads get merged into the main one will Alastair and Kr7 get to post in it again?

• Advertisement

I know. And all in the last two weeks. Its very impressive.

Thanks.

bgrizzley wrote: »

........if all the property tax threads get merged into the main one will Alastair and Kr7 get to post in it again?
    They could have a thread of their own and ban everyone else from it.

They could have a thread of their own and ban everyone else from it.

Sure he's your best mate.
    It's like a tag team;)

You should be proud to align yourself with such an individual.
    Hope your not a 'taig' as alastair would put it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bullsh1t. The only reason the Anglo arrests happened yesterday is because the ODCE were going in front of Peter Kelly again this morning and if they cudn't show they were making some progress he'd have publicly knocked the bollix out of them.

Budgetary matters will come to public attention as soon as the Dail returns. the current figures of 700/1,000 are only kites to prep the public for a rough budget (much the same as means testing childrens allownace for people who earn 100k plus). Then when the actual figure this year is a mere Euro300 people won't feel so bad (but inevitably the figure will rightly rise to 700 to 1,000).

Isn't it amazing though that all their decisions are aided and abetted by RTE.
    They never broadcast it if it might cause trouble for the Govt but every wee bit of good news is exaggerated to the point of overkill.

Wait until I get that alastair fellow on the back seat of that car, he won't know what's hit him:D

• Advertisement

Imagine. The national broadcaster reporting cabinet decisions.

'tis shameful.

They never broadcast it if it might cause trouble for the Govt but every wee bit of good news is exaggerated to the point of overkill.

they have to tow that line if they want all that extra moolah from the broadcast tax (pat rabbits tax on the internet :rolleyes: what will those rascals come up with next?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Who's to deem what is or is not habitable? and could that lead to people letting their properties go into a state of disrepair to avoid tax and to the detriment of society itself.

If it's that bad it will be condemned and you won't be allowed to live in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Imagine. The national broadcaster reporting cabinet decisions.

'tis shameful.

They cannot hide their bias at all. Like an old Russian station of the 60's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

They cannot hide their bias at all. Like an old Russian station of the 60's.

In fairness to RTE.

They only report it as they've been ordered to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Yesterday I posted I got a knock on the door from an counil official.

About half 3 I had a knock on the door from a council official, he would of
    being his fifties had a clipboard with him-when I answered the door he said may
    I ask the names of those living here, how many living in the house, it for the
    voting register he said-I told him Im not answering any of your questions-please
    leave my property-he left and went next door-I had the window open and overheard
    him asking the same questions-I strongly suspect the whole voting register thing
    is just an excuse to asked questions- this is being done as an Intel gathering
    exercise by the council gathering further info for next years property tax.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79875821&postcount=5809

Has anyone else got on knock on the door from a council official asking the same questions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Aquila wrote: »
    Whats the situation like in countries with a similar population size?we would have a smaller tax paying pool compared to UK for instance

NZ about the same pop

Rates are paid on all property, fluctuates between regions. Average locally is 2-3K NZD per annum (1300-2000 EUR) for 4 bed house, gets you rubbish, water and all local govt services. Auckland and Wellington have water rates on top of this. PAYE is lower than Ireland. GST (VAT) is 15% but charge on everything, very few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

No one I know has an extra €1000 lying around to pay that. If that tax actually goes through, I seriously see a lot of riots happening here like what happened in Greece and in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

It may take a long time yet, but the over burdened citizens will turn, and Dublin will burn. We are now Law abiding, but when blind ambition in Politicians make new Laws to keep us down, we WILL eventually say, nay SHOUT OUT "Enough is Enough"!

Cant pay, wont pay! We must be strong though and encourage the week minded to join us in our non'payment protest, UNITED WE STAND, BUT DIVIDED WE FALL!

I'm a bit excited now, so I'm off t' me bed with a cup of hot milk!

shiftkey wrote: »

I'm a bit excited now, so I'm off t' me bed with a cup of hot milk!

in the footsteps of Che shall come another..........:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

shiftkey wrote: »
    ... the week minded...

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    No one I know has an extra €1000 lying around to pay that. If that tax actually goes through, I seriously see a lot of riots happening here like what happened in Greece and in London.

like london.................for free tellys...make sure the right shops are about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Suggestion Im gonna make anti property tax posters can agree or disagree with it-there's already being pickets/protests outside tds clinics over the household tax which they don't seem under pressure over it- my suggestion lets take it a step further and start staging pickets outside tds homes now that we know money for property taxes will be taken at source with revenue collecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So looks like Revenue will be given responsibility for collecting it.

I'd guess they will get a higher compliance figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

NZ about the same pop

Rates are paid on all property, fluctuates between regions. Average locally is 2-3K NZD per annum (1300-2000 EUR) for 4 bed house, gets you rubbish, water and all local govt services. Auckland and Wellington have water rates on top of this. PAYE is lower than Ireland. GST (VAT) is 15% but charge on everything, very few exceptions.

So Cookie, how would you feel paying 2k nzd (€1295 or so) while getting no services like you listed above? Yes it works out a little more expensive than our proposed property tax, but of the authorities reduced it so it matched our 1000, with the agreement you'd pay privately for your bins (up to 600 a year) then meter your water, place a tax on your car as high as ours are, then toll the roads afterwards, then up your prsi payments per year,b yet they hardly cover you for one, single, miserable dental check up........ Would you see it as good value for money?

Also, I've never been to NZ, but I have lived in Australia for a few years. Do you guys have a yearly car tax? (can't rem exactly what it was 'reggo' got me over there, but I think it was the equivalent of.our nct, but once that was up to date, no car tax, no insurance for the year needed either and way cheaper petrol then Ireland)

What tax rates do you pay on fuel? Alcohol?.ciggies?

How much is a doctors appointment? Any prescriptions that may need to be bought?

This all needs factored in too.

Am Chile wrote: »
    Suggestion Im gonna make anti property tax posters can agree or disagree with it-there's already being pickets/protests outside tds clinics over the household tax which they don't seem under pressure over it- my suggestion lets take it a step further and start staging pickets outside tds homes now that we know money for property taxes will be taken at source with revenue collecting it.
    Why not outside their childrens schools? Or maybe ye could start posting suspicious parcels to them.

If your going to go down the intimidation road, you might as well go the whole way.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    in the footsteps of Che shall come another..........:D
    A reincarnation of Wild Bill more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

Sigh.

It was late night and I was tired. Get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Ghandee wrote: »
    you'd pay privately for your bins (up to 600 a year)

Where are you getting that figure from?
    If I put my bins out for every single collection it would come to about €260 per year including the annual fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

littlejp wrote: »
    Where are you getting that figure from?
    If I put my bins out for every single collection it would come to about €260 per year including the annual fee.

230 for me.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement