Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lord of the Bongs

donalg1 wrote: »
    No I wouldn't as I haven't told on those I know haven't paid the hhc as this is none of my business what they do with their money.

your not as patriotic as I thought! Surely it is your business though as someone who has paid the charge and moans and calls other s names that have not, yet when its comes down to it you simply close your curtains. why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Dafuq is wrong with the ~100 spastiks who intend on paying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Given that the revenue will now be taking over administration of the tax, I wonder will it have any bearing on tax clearance certs? I can't see how it could given the messy nature of jointly owned property payments.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Dafuq is wrong with the ~100 spastiks who intend on paying this?

Lovely.

I'd ask what's the story with the 300 rash souls who are volunteering for penalty payments before they know what the tax, and penalties will amount to!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

No I wouldn't as I haven't told on those I know haven't paid the hhc as this is none of my business what they do with their money.

your not as patriotic as I thought! Surely it is your business though as someone who has paid the charge and moans and calls other s names that have not, yet when its comes down to it you simply close your curtains. why is that?

What names do I call people. Is it not you that calls people idiots and sheep and lambs?

I told you its none of my business what others do with their money its up to them. I look after myself and my own and let others worry about theirs.

• Advertisement

What names do I call people. Is it not you that calls people idiots and sheep and lambs?

I told you its none of my business what others do with their money its up to them. I look after myself and my own and let others worry about theirs.

pssst! Ignore button.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My little analogy about the broken window was quite close then.

My little analogy about the broken window was quite close then.

What was that I must have missed that analogy.

What was that I must have missed that analogy.

It's presumably something about not wanting to pay a tax, 'just because'.

Dub XV wrote: »
    I wouldnt go as far as to say saintly now, but yes you seem to be getting the point of being a law abiding citizen.

Everybody has their tipping point.

You are comfortable at the minute so that's great.

Am i? Can you see me now? Do you know me?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

How would you solve our financial crisis if you ran the country? How would you close are fiscal deficit?

What you want me to answer that in a few paragraphs and spoil all the fun we are having as a country? :)

well i wont go into all of it but, Surprisingly, less taxation would be something I worth put forward. My 100 euros, if I had paid it for the HHC, would be better spend buying something in a shop somewere thus helping th e local busines economy . Im not actually sure what the HHC money is ringfenced for (some enlighten me)?? but i suspect its touted for road maintenance or filling in potholes.

Well if taxes are being reduced then serious cuts would have to be made? What would you cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Course I do. Donal its me.

How are the family? Any diy plans for the gaff?

Well if taxes are being reduced then serious cuts would have to be made? What would you cut?

The public sector wage bill.

Which ones, and what savings would you make there?

Just keeping a tally.

The deficit this year was expected to be 18 billion or thereabouts, some serious cuts needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I will just tell them when they call that this is private property and we have a shoot to kill policy with any trespassers :)

Ah, don't do that. Your parents will send you to your room.:rolleyes:

alastair wrote: »

Just keeping a tally.

Ha your serious aren't you?

If you read my post yesterday I all ready said it's not up to me to find the cuts.

But property tax isn't the only way to bridge the gap. Don't be dismissive of one issue but overly determined on another.

We should also tax cyclists and introduce a registration fee.

We should raise the plastic bag tax.

People who can afford a "bag for life" should be hit harder.

The deficit this year was expected to be 18 billion or thereabouts, some serious cuts needed.

Never a truer word!

• Advertisement

We should also tax cyclists and introduce a registration fee.

Yes and budgies, cats, donkeys and even ladders. Anyone owning or using a ladder should be fair game. it makes as much sense as a home.

If you read my post yesterday I all ready said it's not up to me to find the cuts.

But property tax isn't the only way to bridge the gap. Don't be dismissive of one issue but overly determined on another.

So - you're just throwing those out there as notional alternatives to a solid, ongoing, and attainable revenue stream, without any idea of what they'd actually save us? Fair enough.

Yes and budgies, cats, donkeys and even ladders. Anyone owning or using a ladder should be fair game. it makes as much sense as a home.

Budgies and ladders can be moved offshore - most of them are there already! Your house? Not so much.

Course I do. Donal its me.

How are the family? Any diy plans for the gaff?

Now ur getting weird stalkerish almost

alastair wrote: »

Just keeping a tally.

Obviously it's not up to you to find the cuts.

What would you cut if you were in charge ?

You have 18 billion to find. The government needs to make whatever decision it needs to make in the interest of the nation's and people's well being. Without foreign assistance there isn't enough money to pay guards, nurses, teachers etc, the country would fall apart, people die, it's no joke. Maybe the property tax isn't the best idea, maybe it is but unless you have a way to collect 18 billion without a property tax, moaning about the property tax and "bankers" comes across as a child crying because another child is playing with their toys they never even played with. It's petit childish behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gra55hopper1

I am an American, and I can tell you that we already pay over a thousand USD for property taxes every year. Not trying to make light of your problems; just want you to know that we are all in this together.

You have 18 billion to find. The government needs to make whatever decision it needs to make in the interest of the nation's and people's well being. Without foreign assistance there isn't enough money to pay guards, nurses, teachers etc, the country would fall apart, people die, it's no joke. Maybe the property tax isn't the best idea, maybe it is but unless you have a way to collect 18 billion without a property tax, moaning about the property tax and "bankers" comes across as a child crying because another child is playing with their toys they never even played with. It's petit childish behaviour.

That is a very silly post while we are paying our politicians more than the leaders of many top countries like the U.S.A., Britain and China. While we are paying NAMA employees an average of 103k per year and developers who work for NAMA 200k per year. While the travelling expenses alone for some of our pampered politicians are higher than the average industrial wage. While our politicians are availing of tax-breaks in the hope of making millions of it in the future and can't keep their repayments for borrowings up hence ending up being named in Stubbs Gazette. While they availed of questionable interest-free loans not available to any member of the public and from dubious bankers who might yet appear in court in the future.
    Let them show the example and maybe then people would even consider following their lead. Trying to take the heat from them will not work with the average Joe Soap at all.

I am an American, and I can tell you that we already pay over a thousand USD for property taxes every year. Not trying to make light of your problems; just want you to know that we are all in this together.

Ok Al.

I think you'll find that I haven't once mentioned the bankers or banking system. So relax there Merkel!

• Advertisement

That is a very silly post while we are paying our politicians more than the leaders of many top countries like the U.S.A., Britain and China. While we are paying NAMA employees an average of 103k per year and developers who work for NAMA 200k per year. While the travelling expenses alone for some of our pampered politicians are higher than the average industrial wage. While our politicians are availing of tax-breaks in the hope of making millions of it in the future and can't keep their repayments for borrowings up hence ending up being named in Stubbs Gazette. While they availed of questionable interest-free loans not available to any member of the public and from dubious bankers who might yet appear in court in the future.
    Let them show the example and maybe then people would even consider following their lead. Trying to take the heat from them will not work with the average Joe Soap at all.

Reilly's business problems and the cost of sending delegations abroad are pretty much a sideshow - are the delegations value for money or not? Are tax breaks for running old folk's home a good or a bad thing? Is NAMA going to cost us more or less than the alternatives? The 'heat' you reckon exists has sod all to do with the overriding reality of the deficit - and how it's cleared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement