Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ghandee wrote: »
    What is ali's thoughts in an FG senator evading her taxes?

What makes you think I've any allegiance to FG or this senator? I do love the way anti-property tax people love to personalise the affairs of Inda/Phil/James/this woman instead of engage with the broader principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This thing about the tax disc being more than a month out of date?

Jesus, lock her up!:rolleyes:

Dub XV wrote: »
    "at whatever level they see fit, whenever they see fit!"

Meaning, as I seem to have to spell it out for you, It's at the governments discretion. You don't know what the charge will be. You don't know how far it could escalate. You don't know if they will lob in a few more taxes down the line......Do you?

Pay more attention in future.

It is at the government's discretion - that's one of the reasons we elect them - to govern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I still haven't paid it and don't plan on.

While they waste millions upon millions on bolloxology why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

alastair wrote: »
    No mention of the nature of the tax here:

And..............

Where did I actually state I wouldn't pay?

Stating I may struggle and saying I won't pay are two different things. In my world anyway.

• Advertisement

"at whatever level they see fit, whenever they see fit!"

Meaning, as I seem to have to spell it out for you, It's at the governments discretion. You don't know what the charge will be. You don't know how far it could escalate. You don't know if they will lob in a few more taxes down the line......Do you?

If one follow that silly line of argument then surely every tax can be seen to be set at Government's descretion?

We have an aversion to property tax in Ireland and thats going to have to change.

If we get to stage where we are living within our means then we could pick and choose but we are about 15bn euros away from being such a position.

alastair wrote: »
    It is at the government's discretion - that's one of the reasons we elect them - to govern.

What?

You really have OCD about having to have the last word.

What kind of reply is that?

Jay D wrote: »
    I still haven't paid it and don't plan on.

While they waste millions upon millions on bolloxology why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?

RABBLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

noodler wrote: »
    This thing about the tax disc being more than a month out of date?

Jesus, lock her up!:rolleyes:

If a priest stood on the altar and preached about how adultery was wrong, yet he had a one month fling with a woman, would that be ok too?

Seeing as how it only went on for a month?

You cannot dictate the law whilst simultaneously break it.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

If one follow that silly line of argument then surely every tax can be seen to be set at Government's descretion?

And?

Some people are not just looking at it as new taxes, they are coming off the back of massive wage cuts or even lay offs.

That's all I was referring to. Everybody's circumstances are different. It's nothing special or controversial I posted, was it?

• Advertisement

I haven't heard a peep out of this senator on the property tax. Or any taxation issues for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

If a priest stood on the altar and preached about how adultery was wrong, yet he had a one month fling with a woman, would that be ok too?

[/Quote]
    Yes, as long as she's not married. The world would be a better place if catholic priests had more consensual sex.

If we get to stage where we are living within our means then we could pick and choose but we are about 15bn euros away from being such a position.

I know this!

Do you think the "No" side is purely ignorent to this?

Can you show me where I showed ignorance towards the debt?

People say no.....you think that makes them unpatriotic to the cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

More importantly what is the anti sides thoughts on this, I assume they are all applauding her and patting her on the back and cant see anything wrong with what she has done.

Silly line of reasoning.

You know it too, would you disavow all the measures in the upcoming budget if Noonan recieved a parking ticket? Or if he was a a feww weeks late paying his TV licence?

You know the Senator in question has already paid the tax?
    And?

Some people are not just looking at it as new taxes, they are coming off the back of massive wage cuts or even lay offs.

That's all I was referring to. Everybody's circumstances are different. It's nothing special or controversial I posted, was it?

If the country is spending 15bn more than it takes in...could you square that circle for me please? What would you suggest? Inaction?

Everyone circumstances are different, some people own property, some own businesses, some have savings etc etc. Nearly every tax in the country has some sort of exemption system in place.

donalg1 wrote: »
    More importantly what is the anti sides thoughts on this, I assume they are all applauding her and patting her on the back and cant see anything wrong with what she has done.

True. Maybe she'll be happy to pay it once she can be assured it's not going to pay off the bondholders, or Big Phil pays his disputed apartment management fees, or something.

Don't register, don't pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Surely the real story here is the appalling “bullying” poor Fidelma was subjected to? I mean having her private property seized and being dragged before the courts to hold her to account for failing to abide by the law of the land!

Are you not outraged at such state intimidation? :pac:

If a person says a Senator is wrong for not having her car taxed while simultaneously breaking the law themselves would this be ok?

Or would they be seen to be a tad hypocritical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dunno about anyone else Donal but i think that politicians should be as Caesars wife. Same as with Phil "encouraging" us to pay for services when he wont pay for his own, or Charlie in his day telling us to tighten our belts from the style of his £300 Charvet shirt.

If a person says a Senator is wrong for not having her car taxed while simultaneously breaking the law themselves would this be ok?

What law am I breaking?

Was it the 42km I was d doing in 40 zone earlier:confused:

• Advertisement

What law am I breaking?

Was it the 42km I was d doing in 40 zone earlier:confused:

I didnt say you had broken any law I was talking about those on the anti side that have refused to pay the HHC and are claiming they will refuse to pay the property tax.

You will see them say the Senator is wrong for not paying her taxes while they refuse to pay their own. People cant say the HHC or Property Tax shouldnt be paid and then say someone is wrong for not paying their Motor Tax. This is where the hypocrisy arises.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    dunno about anyone else Donal but i think that politicians should be as Caesars wife. Same as with Phil "encouraging" us to pay for services when he wont pay for his own, or Charlie in his day telling us to tighten our belts from the style of his £300 Charvet shirt.

So you agree its wrong of the Senator not to pay her Motor Tax, and assuming this then you also agree its wrong not to pay the HHC or a Property Tax in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RABBLE!

Rabble or not it's quite true.

Rabble or not it's quite true.

'They made the initial conditions of this mess, so we don't have to sort out the mess for them'?

Who's going to do it then? Pixies?

Just can't believe how lucky she is.
    Imagine going on holiday and hoping the garage would be finished when you returned but when you get back BINGO !! not only a garage but a second floor as well !!! How lucky is that :rolleyes:

lugha wrote: »
    Surely the real story here is the appalling “bullying” poor Fidelma was subjected to? I mean having her private property seized and being dragged before the courts to hold her to account for failing to abide by the law of the land!

Are you not outraged at such state intimidation? :pac:

Jesus she's a one person crime gang, our Fidelma. What next? A place in the Cabinet?

For who, them or her?

So you agree its wrong of the Senator not to pay her Motor Tax, and assuming this then you also agree its wrong not to pay the HHC or a Property Tax in future.

It becomes hypocritical when those we have to suffer as leaders, who make the law, break the law.

If the firm I work for caught me stealing, I'd rightfully be sacked.

She draws her salary from the coffers she expects us to contribute to, yet d doesn't herself.

Now I know you were just blindly waffling on without reading properly.

You make sweeping generalising statements all the time but then try and nit pick other posts. All when it suits of course.

Are you a politician :p

I believe Noodler is the politician or related to one anyway.

• Advertisement

She draws her salary from the coffers she expects us to contribute to, yet d doesn't herself.

But sure she was using public transport - so she was paying that 'indirect' motor tax your mate kr7 loves so much. Where's the problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement