Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Take a break or a cold shower Al. You need to calm down.
    I know you put your foot in it by admitting to not paying your own taxes but we forgive you. After all you are really one of us :D

Have you figured out what today's argument against property taxation is then? I know you lose track, but best to try and keep it simple - anything else just pushes you into this manner of distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

alastair wrote: »
    Have you figured out what today's argument against property taxation is then? I know you lose track, but best to try and keep it simple - anything else just pushes you into this manner of distraction.

Very juvenile post.

noodler wrote: »
    Please don't embarrass yourself like that again.

Dub wasn't even addressing me in that post.

I know but i am expressing which poster i believe might be a politician. You fit the bill more than most. You should really be chuffed.

Very juvenile post.

Quite.

Any risk of you standing over your assertion earlier (before you got sidelined by sticking your foot in your mouth)?
    'They made the initial conditions of this mess, so we don't have to sort out the mess for them'?

Who's going to do it then? Pixies?

Please don't embarrass yourself like that again.

Ah now - let's keep expectations reasonable.

• Advertisement

Quite.

Any risk of you standing over your assertion earlier (before you got sidelined by sticking your foot in your mouth)?

noodler

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jay D
    I still haven't paid it and don't plan on.

While they waste millions upon millions on bolloxology why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?
    RABBLE!

So i agreed with the poster who stated that millions was being wasted by successive Governments.
    What is wrong with that?

Ah now - let's keep expectations reasonable.

More childish stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Karmann wrote: »
    I for one am in a serious negative equity trap, I was encouraged to buy my house aged 21.... Worst mistake of my life. I have never missed a mortgage payment (with a struggle) but if i am lumped with a €1,000 property tax i will just **** the house back to the bank and walk away. and give them another property for NAMA. I'm sure i'm not alone, It could cost them more than they will gain.

You could be entitled to Mortgage Interest Supplement depending on when your bought your house if you are in negative equity. The €1000 figure is only a rumour.

While they waste millions upon millions on bolloxology why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?
    So i agreed with the poster who stated that millions was being wasted by successive Governments.
    What is wrong with that?

ehh-
    why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?

again:
    'They made the initial conditions of this mess, so we don't have to sort out the mess for them'?

Who's going to do it then? Pixies?

ehh-

again:

That is not my post as well you know. You really are suffering from LWS .

• Advertisement

That is not my post as well you know. You really are suffering from LWS .

Never said it was your post - it's an attitude you said was 'true'.

Unless you've changed your opinion since this morning (which wouldn't be the first time I suppose)?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80050870&postcount=1434

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

lugha wrote: »
    Surely tax evasion must be deliberate? No doubt there were some who paid the HHC charge late, simply because it slipped their mind as happened to all of us at one time or another? I wouldn't consider them to be tax evaders.

Or are you contending that the FG senator was deliberately trying to evage paying both her car tax and train fare?

There is that, then there's also the fact that she and her husband had to be taken to court by a tradesman to get paid.
    Oh yea, there's also the fact that their witness, another tradesman who finished the job was neither registered for income tax or VAT and was paid cash.

She tried to distance herself from all this but is anyone here seriously trying to say that she new nothing about what was going on in her own property?

kr7 wrote: »
    She tried to distance herself from all this but is anyone here seriously trying to say that she new nothing about what was going on in her own property?

I heard she said it wasn't a tax at all - but a 'charge' and consequently she wasn't evading any taxes.

Never said it was your post - it's an attitude you said was 'true'.

Unless you've changed your opinion since this morning (which wouldn't be the first time I suppose)?: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80050870&postcount=1434

I agreed with the poster that successive Govts made a mess of the country. I still agree with that. Do you not? If not you are on your own there i'd imagine.

I heard she said it wasn't a tax at all - but a 'charge' and consequently she wasn't evading any taxes.

How did she explain the Magic Garage then?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know but i am expressing which poster i believe might be a politician. You fit the bill more than most. You should really be chuffed.

Well please do not.

You are not allowed express your opinion that I am a politician anymore than I can express the opinion you are a poorly educated man with a very narrow viewpoint on taxation.

I agreed with the poster that successive Govts made a mess of the country. I still agree with that. Do you not? If not you are on your own there i'd imagine.

I'm certainly not of the opinion that:
    why should i pay to stabalise in some way what they and their predecessors created?

And I wouldn't be asserting that it's 'true'.

But then I can keep track of the position I actually hold.

Insults.
    Last word syndrome.
    Hypocrite.
    Tax evader.

Check.

It's your turn to take his insults this week tayto, I have him on ignore.
    He's posts are not worth reading. DFTT.

How did she explain the Magic Garage then?

Who would she have to explain it to? Since local authorities provide 'no services' there wouldn't be any oversight of regulations.

Who would she have to explain it to? Since local authorities provide 'no services' there wouldn't be any oversight of regulations.

Maybe to Enda. Ha ha didn't he think she'd make a great upstanding politician free of cronyism and corruption. Didn't he even send this fitting person out to greet visiting leaders from other countries. If she was the best he could send then I wouldn't like to see the rest of them. Maybe Phil or Reilly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well please do not.

You are not allowed express your opinion that I am a politician anymore than I can express the opinion you are a poorly educated man with a very narrow viewpoint on taxation.

Then I won't be expressing my opinion on your sense of humour either then or your other qualities or lack of them.

I'm certainly not of the opinion that:

And I wouldn't be asserting that it's 'true'.

But then I can keep track of the position I actually hold.

But you are forgetting - I'm not you and thank God for that. This forum is for opinions after all but if they make you feel bad then we'll tippy-toe around you in future.

But you are forgetting - I'm not you and thank God for that. This forum is for opinions after all but if they make you feel bad then we'll tippy-toe around you in future.

Weren't you denying your own opinion only a short time ago? Seems that if you nailed them down people might treat them with a bit more regard.

Weren't you denying your own opinion only a short time ago? Seems that if you nailed them down people might treat them with a bit more regard.

Where did i deny my own opinion?

Well please do not.

AND another thing. Where did the highly educated and experts on taxation get us?

Then I won't be expressing my opinion on your sense of humour either then or your other qualities or lack of them.

Very good.

Typical of you really, trying to label someone on the otherside of the debate as some sort of 'boogieman' rather than actually address the issues.

On the rare occasion you do discuss an argument you inevitably end with the line "look, I am not paying a property tax and that is that" which of course makes the entire exercise rather pointless.

Considering only one-third of our adjustement for the next three yeat (to close that 15bn deficit which we keep adding to the national debt every year to the detriment of future generations) is going to be tax, could you specify a less economically damaging (and fair) method of raising revenue?

Well please do not.

AND another thing. Where did the highly educated and experts on taxation get us?

Don't misquote me again.

Very good.

Typical of you really, trying to label someone on the otherside of the debate as some sort of 'boogieman' rather than actually address the issues.

On the rare occasion you do discuss an argument you inevitably end with the line "look, I am not paying a property tax and that is that" which of course makes the entire exercise rather pointless.

Considering only one-third of our adjustement for the next three yeat (to close that 15bn deficit which we keep adding to the national debt every year to the detriment of future generations) is going to be tax, could you specify a less economically damaging (and fair) method of raising revenue?

No. Not getting into anything with you. You vex too easily and have no sense of humour. You are going on ignore.

Don't misquote me again.

It wasn't a quote it was a question. It has no quotation marks around it. But forget it anyway if it upsets you. Education ??

• Advertisement

Very good.

Here's one idea for you then.
    How about we encourage people to take up the jobs that are there rather than staying on welfare.
    Maybe a reduction in their income tax or PRSI for the first year if they take up employment and sign off.

Each one would save the exchequer €15-€20k in welfare payments and would at least be getting something in return.

I stand by to be shot down by the pro-taxers as usual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement