Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

kr7 wrote: »
    He loves his car tax....LOL

This post has nothing to do with motor tax - it's a question of private property. Do try and pay attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

View wrote: »
    That is not going to happen.

Taxes pay for services ultimately. If you want reduced taxes that means you need to have even more reduced services (more cutbacks). So, unless we are all willing to stop constantly complaining about our existing services and opt for worse ones, taxes are going up and wil stay up.

I agree with you to a certain extent, View. But, I think that you know as well as I do, in this particular instance, any extra taxes go ultimately to paying bondholders and lavish rises for some at the top.

darkhorse wrote: »
    I agree with you to a certain extent, View. But, I think that you know as well as I do, in this particular instance, any extra taxes go ultimately to paying bondholders and lavish rises for some at the top.

Do you really need to see the graph of where your taxes go again?
    Bank bailout overhead accounts for less than 5% of taxation expenditure.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6826/taxbill.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

lugha wrote: »
    Again I say, there is a widespread failure to appreciate exactly how much trouble we are in and the massive sacrifices all manner of ordinary people will have to make to dig ourselves out of it.

Tell that to the unions and the government who are insisting we stick with Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

alastair wrote: »
    Your house can be seized if you break certain laws, just as your car can be if it does. They're both private property.

WHAT?

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Tell that to the unions and the government who are insisting we stick with Croke Park.

Croke park has a limited lifespan, and every public service worker has taken a salary cut so far, as well as being liable to the same increased taxation as the rest of us, so I'm not seeing much of a point here.

WHAT?

Both your house and your car are private property. Dunno how to make it much simpler to digest. Let me know if you need additional pointers.

Nothing to do with council charges - like the man clearly stated.

But taken care of by the state.
    From central funds.
    Where this tax will go, when you gladly pay it.
    Thanks for that, I won't be paying.
    Know the saying 'there's one born every day' Ha ha ha!!!

But taken care of by the state.
    From central funds.

And nothing to do with council charges.

Thanks for that, I won't be paying.
    Know the saying 'there's one born every day' Ha ha ha!!!

A tax evader, who'll inevitably pay up with penalties on top?

Laugh it up.

• Advertisement

Croke park has a limited lifespan, and every public service worker has taken a salary cut so far, as well as being liable to the same increased taxation as the rest of us, so I'm not seeing much of a point here.

Show me where PS workers have taken a salary cut.
    Last I heard they were still getting pay raises yearly.

Don't give me the pension levy or the USC, they're not salary cuts.

Both your house and your car are private property. Dunno how to make it much simpler to digest. Let me know if you need additional pointers.

Your house can be seized if you break certain laws?

You on something there?

A tax evader, who'll inevitably pay up with penalties on top?

Laugh it up.

Here we go with the flaming & name calling.
    The usual response from someone who can't argue a point.

And nothing to do with council charges.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

Show me where PS workers have taken a salary cut.
    Last I heard they were still getting pay raises yearly.

Don't give me the pension levy or the USC, they're not salary cuts.

The pension levy is a salary cut - less money in your pay packet month after month = salary cut. On top of that public sector salaries were cut in the 2009 Budget.

Here we go with the flaming & name calling.
    The usual response from someone who can't argue a point.

Name calling? You are a tax evader. You owe taxes and state you won't pay them.

The pension levy is a salary cut - less money in your pay packet month after month = salary cut. On top of that public sector salaries were cut in the 2009 Budget.

Is that right?
    Show me a payslip where someone's 'salary' was cut.

Your house can be seized if you break certain laws?

You on something there?

The Capital Assets Bureau passed you by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Considering those of us who were not foolish enough to buy property during the boom are paying left, right and centre for that idiocy by fashion-following clowns the very least this unspeakably unjust state can do is tax their property.

I'm sick of paying for your mistakes, and I'm sick of this state using my taxes to interfere in the supposedly "free market" via NAMA to prop up the price of property artificially and thereby not allow the market to collapse to its real value.

Property owners: this tax is insignificant when put in the context of the massive taxes we have paid to ensure your still unrealistically priced houses do not fall to their real market value. There are far more worthy causes upon which our taxes could be spent.

Is that right?
    Show me a payslip where someone's 'salary' was cut.

That is right. Strangely I'm not in the habit of having access to people's payslips.

But feel free to check for yourself.

• Advertisement

That is right. Strangely I'm not in the habit of having access to people's payslips.

But feel free to check for yourself.

I think you'll find that another tax or charge doesn't pass as a salary cut.
    Salary's are still the same, take home pay might have changed but that's a different story.
    In fact, most PS workers would have had salary rises since 2008. ( you can call them increments)

The Capital Assets Bureau passed you by?

Yea, just a minute ago.
    A big black van with C.A.B on it.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I see Fine Gael have their "advisors" and "trolls".....(Alastair and DV Power)......working very hard today on all boards threads that relate to FG policies and making people pay more taxes.

You 2 really are some pair indeed.

I think you'll find that another tax or charge doesn't pass as a salary cut.
    Salary's are still the same, take home pay might have changed but that's a different story.
    In fact, most PS workers would have had salary rises since 2008. ( you can call them increments)

The pension levy - which removed taxable income from the salary of public sector workers, and consequently from their pay packet is a salary cut. It's pretty straightforward. And I note you're simply ignoring the fact of the subsequent public sector salary cuts. That's kinda handy alright - head in the sand.

Yea, just a minute ago.
    A big black van with C.A.B on it.:rolleyes:

So - you're aware that your (private) house can be seized for illegal activity. Grand so.

The pension levy - which removed taxable income from the salary of public sector workers, and consequently from their pay packet is a salary cut. It's pretty straightforward. And I note you're simply ignoring the fact of the subsequent public sector salary cuts. That's kinda handy alright - head in the sand.

You can't even admit and acknowledge a fact.

Quite bizarre altogether.:confused:

The fact that all public service workers have taken a salary cut? I think you'll find you're the one with difficulties in that regard. :p

Him and DV Power are planted here by Enda and Big Phil to talk absolute boll0x and "big up" all these extra taxes..:rolleyes:

So - you're aware that your (private) house can be seized for illegal activity. Grand so.

Such as?

And show me a case study where someone's house was seized because they didn't pay the HHC.
    In Ireland of course, not England, not Northern Ireland, just in Ireland.

• Advertisement

The fact that all public service workers have taken a salary cut? I think you'll find you're the one with difficulties in that regard. :p

While all Fine Gael advisors get a 3k salary increase/raise too....as approved by Enda Kenny

Yep,thats leading by example isnt it???:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement