Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

alastair wrote: »
    You seem to believe that increments are annual and automatic. They're not

Neither is an increment a salary increase - it's a promotion on the basis of increased experience - a mechanism not unknown in the private sector. Public sector workers who don't gain new responsibilities and experience stop getting increments in short order.

The fact - an unambiguous one - is that public sector salaries have been cut - and that's been 100% across the board - which is not something that can be claimed for the private sector. So all the talk about the public sector avoiding all the pain is simply ill-informed guff. Same tax increases as everyone else, salary cut, reduced pay package on the back of a pension levy - doesn't sound 'painless' to me.

An 'increment is not a salary increase'?

Delusional.:D

You seem to be the kind of person who'd cut your own nose to spite your face.

Come on ali, you can do better than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

There's the difference - I'm paying my taxes - unlike you. I've no outstanding tax debts anywhere. I've always paid my property taxes, council taxes, and NI domestic rates.

Oh no you havent...not in the UK you didnt.

You even posted it on boards around a month agao,that you evaded paying the poll tax and you had a moral obligation NOT TO PAY IT,as you felt it was unfair..

That was your big downfall when you tried to "lord it over everyone" here in Ireland to pay their HHC/Tax..

Everyone ran you out of the thread.

There's the difference - I'm paying my taxes - unlike you. I've no outstanding tax debts anywhere. I've always paid my property taxes, council taxes, and NI domestic rates.

But not your poll tax, which you were liable to pay.

We'll just gloss over that fact then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

kr7 wrote: »
    An 'increment is not a salary increase'?

Delusional.:D

You seem to be the kind of person who'd cut your own nose to spite your face.

Come on ali, you can do better than that.

The delusion is to continually deny that public sector salaries haven't been cut - in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.

But not your poll tax, which you were liable to pay.

We'll just gloss over that fact then?

I'm not really glossing over a fact that I was open about from the outset. It was me who made the fact known - not anyone else. There's only one person in this conversation dishonestly denying they're a tax evader.

• Advertisement

The delusion is to continually deny that public sector salaries haven't been cut - in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.

You should be on comedy central.

You sound like yer man dempsey when the troika were walking into the dept. of finance.
    "No, there's no bailout coming, nor have we asked for one"

Classic.

Alastair..you ARE A TAX EVADER.

You did it on purpose too.

You seem to be in complete denial...and you want to use any means available to deflect it.

I'm not really glossing over a fact that I was open about from the outset. It was me who made the fact known - not anyone else. There's only one person in this conversation dishonestly denying they're a tax evader.

Alastair..you ARE A TAX EVADER.

You did it on purpose too.

You seem to be in complete denial...and you want to use any means available to deflect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I know people who's mortgage is more than twice ours, and some who pay far less. I'm not whinging about t it though. You signed up for your house loan and knew what you were doing at the time, yes? And yes - we're no different to any other european society - who manage with higher taxation than here - what leads you believe that we're unique regarding affordability of taxes?

What part of I HAVE NO MONEY LEFT do you not understand. Do ya know whats ironic, while I am typing this ABBAs MONEY, MONEY, MONEY is on the radio.

You sound like yer man dempsey when the troika were walking into the dept. of finance.
    "No, there's no bailout coming, nor have we asked for one"

Classic.

Compelling. Still leaves you a dishonest tax evader though, who can't bring themselves to acknowledge public sector salary cuts are a reality. Who's the real comedic talent?

• Advertisement

Classic.

He would need to be funny to be on that channel.;):pac:

darkhorse wrote: »
    What part of I HAVE NO MONEY LEFT do you not understand.

Pretty much the entire claim.

So your 'open' about being a tax evader in the UK?

I'm not denying anything, I'm a tax (well, charge)evader on this particular tax, no doubt about it.

Never denied it, never did, never will pay it.

It that ok, have you got that now.

Good lord!

Will someone please ask Alastair why he chose not to pay his poll tax.

Ask him why he purposely evaded paying it and why doesnt he think he is a tax evader then??

Someone please ask him these simple questions.

Lets see what answers he gives back in response.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Will someone please ask Alastair why he chose not to pay his poll tax.

Ask him why he purposely evaded paying it and why doesnt he think he is a tax evader then??

Someone please ask him these simple questions.

Lets see what answers he gives back in response.

'Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining' comes to mind. LMAO.:D

Even dv won't defend his position on this one.

'Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining' comes to mind. LMAO.:D

Even dv won't defend his position on this one.

He hasnt got a leg to stand on......with regards this matter and this entire thread now.

Basicly Alastair has just been blown clean out of the water,with regards being a tax evader himself,and then telling us all to pay our HHC/Property Tax..

I'm not denying anything, I'm a tax (well, charge)evader on this particular tax, no doubt about it.

Never denied it, never did, never will pay it.

You threw a whole heap of doubt on it when you claimed that you were 100% tax complaint - and blathered on about 'libel' and solicitors letters - but at least you're making some progress in acknowledging your extant status as a tax evader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Basicly Alastair has just been blown clean out of the water,with regards being a tax evader himself,and then telling us all to pay our HHC/Property Tax..

A born-again tax payer don't ya know.
    I believe they have to give up a few hours every week to go out and convert the sinners.

Or maybe he absolutely full of it and should now shut up,seen that he got caught out on this serious tax evading matter.

I wonder if he will answer anyone here on this thread who asks him.............why he didnt pay his poll tax???;)

He probably was'nt happy with the services. Would you pay if you weren't happy with the services.;)

You threw a whole heap of doubt on it when you claimed that you were 100% tax complaint - and blathered on about 'libel' and solicitors letters - but at least you're making some progress in acknowledging your extant status as a tax evader.

Ali,

I'M A CHARGE EVADER!

A CHARGE EVADER, HAVE YOU GOT THAT, A CHARGE EVADER.

WE DON'T HAVE A PROPERTY TAX IN THIS STATE YET.

THERE MAY BE ONE NEXT YEAR AND IF WE DO THAT'LL MAKE ME A TAX EVADER THEN.

JUST LIKE YOU WERE IN THE UK.

Is that loud and clear enough for you.

BTW, at this moment in time I am 100% tax complaint.

PURE FACT!

• Advertisement

He probably was'nt happy with the services. Would you pay if you weren't happy with the services.;)

I wasn't happy with the regressive nature of the tax - when a perfectly workable charge structure already existed. One that I was paying.

Ali,

I'M A CHARGE EVADER!

A CHARGE EVADER, HAVE YOU GOT THAT, A CHARGE EVADER.

WE DON'T HAVE A PROPERTY TAX IN THIS STATE YET.

THERE MAY BE ONE NEXT YEAR AND IF WE DO THAT'LL MAKE ME A TAX EVADER THEN.

JUST LIKE YOU WERE IN THE UK.

Is that loud and clear enough for you.

Right so - back to denying you're a tax evader? That didn't last long.

The tax I didn't pay btw? - 'The Community Charge' - a tax nonetheless.

mikom wrote: »
    A born-again tax payer don't ya know.
    I believe they have to give up a few hours every week to go out and convert the sinners.

Maybe he's seen the error of his ways!

Repent, repent damn you!:D

Ali says NO, NEVER, NO!!!!!!!

Pretty much the entire claim.

Do you know something that I don't. Please let me in on it.

Right so - back to denying you're a tax evader? That didn't last long.

The tax I didn't pay btw - 'The Community Charge' - a tax nonetheless.

Can you not read simple english?

Comprehension my dear boy, comprehension!

Maybe he's seen the error of his ways!

Repent, repent damn you!:D

Most people see the error in volunteering for penalty payments, but there's no accounting for some.

Do you know something that I don't. Please let me in on it.

Wisdom in this:
    Just that I have this thing about official figures from govt. depts forum posters. Probably cause they have not given me much reasons to find anything they say credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mother
    Tell your children not to walk my way
    Tell your children not to hear my words
    What they mean
    What they say
    Mother ♫

Ali, the 'perfectly workable charge structure' you speak of in the UK.

Did you own the house you were living in over there?

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »

Mother
    Tell your children not to walk my way
    Tell your children not to hear my words
    What they mean
    What they say
    Mother ♫

I'd advocate public opposition to the introduction of a poll tax here too. But you know that already - far better to pretend that all taxes are equal - while simultaneously disputing a singular one amongst many. :confused::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement