Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

paddy147 wrote: »
    appoligies for that then.

I admit that I got my wires crossed.:o

Buy Im man enough to say sorry.:)

Got your wires crossed? That's your sad excuse for making serious allegations against James Reilly, and sticking to them despite being told again and again that they were false?

Can you now accept that James Reilly is neither corrupt nor criminal?
    And can you outline who exactly you do think is corrupt or criminal, and what evidence you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

appoligies for that then.

I admit that I got my wires crossed.:o

Buy Im man enough to say sorry.:)

But he did (with 4 others) stick the knife in the backs of 8 friends by reneging on a signed deal. Some of them were doctors too.
    He does seem to be more interested in making himself mega-rich than looking after his patients though.

Has he paid his own property fees and taxes yet..eh NO.
    So exactly what taxes has Phil Hogan not paid yet?

Are you man enough to admit you got your wires crossed on this too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

dvpower wrote: »
    Got your wires crossed? That's your sad excuse for making serious allegations against James Reilly, and sticking to them despite being told again and again that they were false?

Can you now accept that James Reilly is neither corrupt nor criminal?
    And can you outline who exactly you do think is corrupt or criminal, and what evidence you have?

What did I just say...off my own back??

Will you answe rany of my questions to you..just above..or will you keep on avoiding them???

So exactly what taxes has Phil Hogan not paid yet?

Are you man enough to admit you got your wires crossed on this too?

He hasnt paid a property charge on his Vila in Portugal,as he has an "issue" with it.

But yet he demands that I pay my HHC.

Nice one Phil,nice one.

Do you want to answer me on the FG Sennator now aswell?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

Ok so I will ask DV Power again with non capitals......

Why was James O'Rielly named in Stubbs???

Is Stubbs wrong?
    Are all the newspapers wrong then too.

Why has James O'Rielly not sued them all,including Stubbs too...if they are all wrong ??

DV won't answer questions Paddy, even if it is to put you straight.

He does ask plenty though......LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I had been saving up for the last few years with the hope of buying a property here at some point, I'm feeling lucky now that I didn't!

Bit putting the yearly cost of having the privilege of owning a property in this lovely country and pricing it at the same value as once off payment for a one way ticket somewhere else in the world that you can guarantee better weather is the real smart move. Just watch people lining up to pay!

kr7 wrote: »
    DV won't answer questions Paddy, even if it is to put you straight.

He does ask plenty though......LOL

Im going out for a walk now.

Maybe when I get back "big phil" or even "DV Power" might be standing on my doorstep ready to hand me a letter for being a very naughty boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Im going out for a walk now.

Maybe when I get back "big phil" or even "DV Power" might be standing on my doorstep ready to hand me a letter for being a very naughty boy.

Only the people who already paid got those, so you're o.k. on that front.

What did I just say...off my own back??

Will you answe rany of my questions to you..just above..or will you keep on avoiding them???

Phil Hogan refuses to pay the service charges on his apartment in the algarve, bought with an interest only loan provided by 'fingers' fingleton of the notorious Irish Nationwide Building Society.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

He claims that he won't pay because he isn't happy with the service he receives.

These fees are due to a private maintenance company although the principle of not paying the HHC here is much the same.

I'm sure there's V.A.T included on the charges he refuses to pay, so in effect he's not paying his dues regarding tax to the Spanish exchequer.

• Advertisement

Do you want to answer me on the FG Sennator now aswell?????
    That Fidelma what's her name?
    Yeah. I believe she was caught driving without the motor tax and evading a bus fare.
    She's awful altogether. I certainly wouldn't vote for her.
    He hasnt paid a property charge on his Vila in Portugal,as he has an "issue" with it.
    Earlier you said he hadn't paid his taxes. Have you withdrawn that now?

So, back to your allegations of corruption and criminality?
    James Reilly? You got your wires crossed on that one.
    Fidelma from Galway? Fare evader and motor tax evader. Check.
    Hogan? You're backtracking on your claim that he didn't pay his taxes. Is he otherwise corrupt or criminal?
    Kenny? Is he corrupt or criminal?
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Phil Hogan refuses to pay the service charges on his apartment in the algarve, bought with an interest free loan provided by 'fingers' fingleton of the notorious Irish Nationwide Building Society.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nationwides-soft-loan-to-hogan-3161567.html

I have to intervene again.

INTEREST-ONLY....NOT INTEREST-FREE.

It simply means the bank or society is happy for the customer to only pay back the interest portion of the loan first.

noodler wrote: »

It simply means the bank or society is happy for the customer to only pay back the interest portion of the loan first.

Fixed that, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pretty common through the boom as well, as stupid as they are!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That Fidelma what's her name?
    Yeah. I believe she was caught driving without the motor tax and evading a bus fare.
    She's awful altogether. I certainly wouldn't vote for her.

Earlier you said he hadn't paid his taxes. Have you withdrawn that now?

So, back to your allegations of corruption and criminality?
    James Reilly? You got your wires crossed on that one.
    Fidelma from Galway? Fare evader and motor tax evader. Check.
    Hogan? You're backtracking on your claim that he didn't pay his taxes. Is he otherwise corrupt or criminal?
    Kenny? Is he corrupt or criminal?
    Anyone else?

Nobody in the last FF government was found guilty of corruption as far as I know.
    They still destroyed the economy though.

Fine, upstanding members of our society.

K-9 wrote: »
    Pretty common through the boom as well, as stupid as they are!

Well, I have also said that they were common through the boom but I would have said common as in 'not one or two'.

Obviously when it comes to overall number of mortgages issued during the 'boom' it is fair to say that there were relatively few issued.

Nobody in the last FF government was found guilty of corruption as far as I know.

Are you attempting to make a point that because nobody in the last FF government was found to be corrupt that somehow people in the current government may be? ('cos as much fun as that discussion might be, I'm just finished dealing with similarity baseless nonsense)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Have you ever heard of the economic cycle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Time to take a step back Paddy, you're to far out of your depth.

How far is too far chucky? (on average):D

Are you attempting to make a point that because nobody in the last FF government was found to be corrupt that somehow people in the current government may be? ('cos as much fun as that discussion might be, I'm just finished dealing with similarity baseless nonsense)

I'm making the point that you don't have to be corrupt in order to be incompetent.

Only a FG'er could take that inference out of what I posted. Paranoia?

• Advertisement

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of the economic cycle?

What's that? A charity event or something?
    Like 'self-aid' in 1986?:D

What's that? A charity event or something?
    Like 'self-aid' in 1986?:D

No, it's referring to the natural peaks and troughs an economy experiences over the course of time.

Only a FG'er could take that inference out of what I posted. Paranoia?

Can we not have Mods sort this kind of crap out?

Far too often posters are labelled with a particular political affiliation just because one side has ran out of decent points.

Far too often posters are labelled with a particular political affiliation just because one side has ran out of decent points.

Did you read the post's it was in response to?

I got a day's ban for backseat moderating the other day you know....

Red_Wake wrote: »
    No, it's referring to the natural peaks and troughs an economy experiences over the course of time.

I know what it is for God's sake.

Notice the big smilie after my post?

If you think our 'boom' was a 'natural peak' then your sadly mistaken.

BTW, noodler, dv has been one of the staunchest supporters of this tax and of this government for the past year or so if you haven't noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well, I have also said that they were common through the boom but I would have said common as in 'not one or two'.

Obviously when it comes to overall number of mortgages issued during the 'boom' it is fair to say that there were relatively few issued.

You'd be surprised. I know of a couple of cases were the main private residence was put on interest only, "investment" properties would have been more common though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. I know of a couple of cases were the main private residence was put on interest only, "investment" properties would have been more common though.

Nah, I mean some of the banking reports and accounts from INBS etc were damning but still, as a % of the total mortgages issued the number of interest-only would have been small.

I know what it is for God's sake.

Notice the big smilie after my post?

If you think our 'boom' was a 'natural peak' then your sadly mistaken.

Why do you post smilies instead of discussing an issue which you claim to care about? Surely your views would be better represented through a solid argument backed up by facts than by pretending to be sarcastic or trolling when you're challenged?

Genuine question, as you seem to avoid debate, which while a common thing even on discussion forums, is a bit difficult for me to understand.

• Advertisement

Mod

alastair, do not post in this thread again.

Ban lifted following review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement