Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I think there are many with vested interests posting here. I also asked previously if they were being paid to post here.
    Presumably every property user has a vested interested in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Presumably every property user has a vested interested in this?

Their posts would also be more genuine unlike the "party before all".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I think there are many with vested interests posting here. I also asked previously if they were being paid to post here.

What response did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Party supporters maybe. You'll also have members of the anti groups, they don't get the same petty accusations funnily enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I wonder if the so called academics who came up with this property tax can figure out how people who are breaking even can pay the tax.

Kids need to be fed,clothed,equipped for school.

When a single Dad goes to Court to settle maintenance for his kid,he has to declare all his income and outgoings.

Thats including mortgage household bills,car tax,car insurance,life insurance,house insurance,food shopping,diesel,car services,tires,clothes,tv license.

I did the same with Mabs,when I brought in all my receipts and everything was accounted for.

I had minus a fiver left lol

Now in all fairness where am I going to get the money from ? ?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

K-9 wrote: »
    Party supporters maybe. You'll also have members of the anti groups, they don't get the same petty accusations funnily enough.

I've been accused of being a tax cheat, even though there is not one tax in this country I haven't paid.
    Is that 'petty'?

I've also seen others who don't agree with this charge of being called 'traitors'.
    Is that petty?

kr7 wrote: »
    K-9 wrote: »

I've been accused of being a tax cheat, even though there is not one tax in this country I haven't paid.
    Is that 'petty'?

I've also seen others who don't agree with this charge of being called 'traitors'.
    Is that petty?

Not at all its the people who brought in this tax who are traitors.

It's the cushy people who have no mortgage or had houses left to them and have plenty of cash,they're the ones who can afford it and have a justified resentment twoards me and you

Northclare wrote: »
    I wonder if the so called academics who came up with this property tax can figure out how people who are breaking even can pay the tax.

When a single Dad goes to Court to settle maintenance for his kid,he has to declare all his income and outgoings.

Thats including mortgage household bills,car tax,car insurance,life insurance,house insurance,food shopping,diesel,car services,tires,clothes,tv license.

I did the same with Mabs,when I brought in all my receipts and everything was accounted for.

But that's all ok as long as the ones with vested interests on here aren't affected.

Remember, extra taxes are only for people who can't afford them.

Leave the high earners alone, leave the LA tenants who get housing provided for them and have more disposable income (that we also give them) alone.

Screw the 'middle class' for every cent they have. Don't forget that their negative equity homes and large mortgages are giving them an income. LOL.

But that's all ok as long as the ones with vested interests on here aren't affected.

Remember, extra taxes are only for people who can't afford them.

Leave the high earners alone, leave the LA tenants who get housing provided for them and have more disposable income (that we also give them) alone.

Screw the 'middle class' for every cent they have. Don't forget that their negative equity homes and large mortgages are giving them an income. LOL.

Lol and some get a 6 figure salary from nana for managing ghost estates,and a free knapsack sprayer lol 4 L of roundup for the weeds ffs it's some craic isn't it

Well, at least we know what ali does and why he would have an agenda, dv has never shown us who or what he is....
    I'd like to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yes, but you are mental!
    Well, at least we know what ali does and why he would have an agenda, dv has never shown us who or what he is....
    I'd like to know.

Really? Is that what you are going to do from now on?

Demand to know the occupation and identity of anyone who disagrees with you on boards?

Could I not just as easily label you all as shills for Sinn Fein? Or the ULA?

Fun game gentlmen but it kind of destroys whats left of the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Wait, are people actually retarded enough to believe that the government would pay someone to defend them on an internet forum?

noodler wrote: »
    Yes, but you are mental!

Really? Is that what you are going to do from now on?

Demand to know the occupation and identity of anyone who disagrees with you on boards?

Could I not just as easily label you all as shills for Sinn Fein? Or the ULA?

Fun game gentlmen but it kind of destroys whats left of the discussion.

It's just interesting to know peoples reasons for being against this tax or for it.
    It's never quite clear.
    For your own records, I neither vote or support Sinn Fein although I do think they make some valid points.
    Neither would I support the ULA group as if they had their way they would destroy what's left of our economy and they do have a real tax defaulter amongst their ranks.
    I come from the group of people who are trying to run a small business, rear my family and keep my head above water.

Should the discussion be only about another tax on people like me or should it be about other ways to try and bridge our deficit?

Wait, are people actually retarded enough to believe that the government would pay someone to defend them on an internet forum?

Na, they hire 'special' advisors and PR men to do that for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ali,
    Just looked at your website there and lo and behold half of your 'clients' are government sponsored groups.
    Is it any wonder your so 'pro-tax' in your postings, you of all people don't want cutbacks anywhere in government spending.

I think your agenda is being exposed mr. keady.

You need scare quotes on clients? I think you've exposed quite enough of your sadness. It doesn't matter a toss who my clients are, or how much you'd rather not pay your property tax - the fact is we're not paying enough tax to sustain to country - end of.

It's no more libellous than ali boy changing my posts to having them say that I am a tax cheat like he did before.

For something to be libellous it needs to be untrue, what I posted is not untrue, indeed his own website shows his list of government clients.

What's good for the goose and all that.....

Get off your high horse.

You are a tax cheat. There's the difference.

alastair wrote: »
    Ali,
    Just looked at your website there and lo and behold half of your 'clients' are government sponsored groups.
    Is it any wonder your so 'pro-tax' in your postings, you of all people don't want cutbacks anywhere in government spending.

I think your agenda is being exposed mr. keady.

You need scare quotes on clients? I think you've exposed quite enough of your sadness. It doesn't matter a toss who my clients are, or how much you'd rather not pay your property tax - the fact is we're not paying enough tax to sustain to country - end of.

Yeah but where's the justice for people who don't have the money,being fined for not having it in the first place.

It's totally illogical

I find that it is relevant that a poster in favour of property taxes seems to derive some of his income from taxpayers money.

How interesting. And completely irrelevant.

And you were directed to the CT forum, I believe?

Actually there is one. As you well know. You are a tax cheat.

• Advertisement

It's the cushy people who have no mortgage or had houses left to them and have plenty of cash,they're the ones who can afford it and have a justified resentment twoards me and you

I'm not sure there's any logic to this whatsoever. The people with their mortgages paid off resent you for having to pay your mortgage?

If you say so. :confused:

I'd like to know.

Yeah - my 'agenda' is exposed thanks to your fine investigative skills. :D

It's just interesting to know peoples reasons for being against this tax or for it.
    It's never quite clear.

Given that you could never figure out what your opposition to the tax actually is, I can understand why you might like to ascribe the same confusion on others. But no - I've made clear why I support property taxation. As have others.

Should the discussion be only about another tax on people like me or should it be about other ways to try and bridge our deficit?

You appear to believe it should be about people's client lists rather than engaging with the issue to hand. 'People like you' would also be 'people like me' - property owners. You're opposed to property taxation out of spite against those who benefit from welfare, I'm supportive of property taxation because it's the best un-utilised revenue source left in this state.

Yeah but where's the justice for people who don't have the money,being fined for not having it in the first place.

It's totally illogical

You think income tax is illogical on that basis, or VAT?
    Your position makes no sense. It supposes that every property owner is struggling - when that's clearly not the case. We pay less in taxation than most of our neighbours - who presumably also have citizens who are on the breadline too.

I'm not sure there's any logic to this whatsoever. The people with their mortgages paid off resent you for having to pay your mortgage?

If you say so. :confused:

I pay my own mortgage,have you access to my financial details etc

I pay it fully every month.

Actually there is one. As you well know. You are a tax cheat.

Ali, baby, How many times do I have to tell you.

I am a 'charge' cheat, get it?, a 'charge' cheat.

At this present moment in time, as well you know, we don't have a property tax in this country.

We have a 'household charge' or a registration fee by another name.

At least now everyone can see where your coming from, it's good that that's out in the open.

It's totally illogical

You think income tax is illogical on that basis, or VAT?
    Your position makes no sense. It supposes that every property owner is struggling - when that's clearly not the case. We pay less in taxation than most of our neighbours - who presumably also have citizens who are on the breadline too.

That's only spin,our neighbors pay less for food,energy,etc

Spin away my friend

That's only spin,our neighbors pay less for food,energy,etc

Spin away my friend

No spin. Just the facts. It's no accident that every other nation has figured out that property taxation is an essential component of a country's sustainable revenue stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I just thought for a little while in my mental state that the Govt might be trying to convince us to pay by using these paid up party members. Then it dawned on me that they are paying advisers way over the agreed rate to do the same. Mental indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement