Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond Liner..where/whos best to get it from?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

We took a trip out to see Karl in Rockworld this morning

My missus brought along her pond design and garden plans and we based out pond liner and pond fleece measurements off these scaled drawings

Rockworld is in Allenwood,just out past Prosperous in Kildare.

We found karl to be a very nice chap with some very nice performed ponds,pond liners (butyl,firestone and pvc liner and pond fleece/underlay).

Got some great advice from him and he must have spent at least an hour talking to us and advising us.

So much so,that there were a que of other customers behind us.:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Did you get a price list Paddy? Any comments on the PVC?
    Cheers

redser7 wrote: »
    Did you get a price list Paddy? Any comments on the PVC?
    Cheers

He gave us a demo on normal liner and Firestone liner,which is 1mm thick and very stretchy indeed.

The difference is like night and day.

The Firestone wins hands down.:)

Its stronger than Butyl and also thicker too,but it stretches alot too.

It works out at 8 euro 50 cents per square meter of Firestone liner and 3 euro 50 cents per square meter of the pond liner underlay.

We need around 50 square meters of it though...for wildlife pond and then independent planted bog area too

Goint to make an apointment with Pondhobby too,for sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Cheers, let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

I was flirting with the idea of a small preformed pond. with a small water feature in it. The ONLY thing that puts me off is years ago my grannay use to say Ponds attracted rats and mice. Is that an old wives tale? I wouldnt have any fish in it, just purely to look at. Would it attract those tiny flies also? Stagnant water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I was flirting with the idea of a small preformed pond. with a small water feature in it. The ONLY thing that puts me off is years ago my grannay use to say Ponds attracted rats and mice. Is that an old wives tale? I wouldnt have any fish in it, just purely to look at. Would it attract those tiny flies also? Stagnant water?

I have a pond with fish & messy chickens and I've no probs with rats or mice .
    If you get an all in one filter pump with a UVC the water will be fine . If you have fish they will eat the flies .

Advertisement