Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Tralee scorching

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

I went to see batman In screen 1 of the omniplex in Tralee tonight. It was a full house and I reckon that by the end of the film it was close to 30 degrees in there. People were leaving at the end with sweat running down their faces giving out that it was like a sauna. I was on the verge of leaving half way through. It's not the first time I've noticed this when there is a full house. When you pay over 9E to watch a movie and the extortionate prices in the shop the least you'd expect is an air conditioned cinema. No sign of the manager afterwards but I'll be making a complaint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I went to see batman In screen 1 of the omniplex in Tralee tonight. It was a full house and I reckon that by the end of the film it was close to 30 degrees in there. People were leaving at the end with sweat running down their faces giving out that it was like a sauna. I was on the verge of leaving half way through. It's not the first time I've noticed this when there is a full house. When you pay over 9E to watch a movie and the extortionate prices in the shop the least you'd expect is an air conditioned cinema. No sign of the manager afterwards but I'll be making a complaint.

Did they do it to bump up the sales of ice-cream and cold drinks, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

funny ... i was in Dublin for the weekend and went to see Batman . The cinema was roasting! We were wondering the same thing too (about air con). Again, folks were leaving redfaced and glowing (cosmopolitan folk in Dub dont sweat!)

.....wonder if its a Batman thing? or just because it was a full house (A/C couldnt cope). I havnt been to a movie in ages that had such an attendance.

...maybe it was to increase sale of ice-cream as ejmaztec says !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Whats the melting point of maltesers? Thats how warm it was in there tonight. Very unpleasant by the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Whats the melting point of maltesers? Thats how warm it was in there tonight. Very unpleasant by the end of it

That's funny, My maltezers melted the night I was there too. I don't think I would go to a film on an opening weekend again if its going to be like that. You can't enjoy the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You need to alert the staff of this (preferably the on-duty manager) if you want them to take action as they otherwise may not be aware of this.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    You need to alert the staff of this (preferably the on-duty manager) if you want them to take action as they otherwise may not be aware of this.

Will he be able to un-melt the Maltesers?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Will he be able to un-melt the Maltesers?

They were beyond help by that stage.

They were beyond help by that stage.

Feckin tragic! RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The most dangerous movie of all time???

The most dangerous movie of all time???

If you're a maltezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Minstrels.

They melt in your mouth, not in your hand ;)

The chocolate confection of choice for a visit to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Went to see The Dark Knight Rises in Killarney last saturday and the same thing in Screen 2, it was roasting in there. Again a full house. I wonder if they have the AC on a setting for the usual low attendance and never upped it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dmeehan wrote: »
    Went to see The Dark Knight Rises in Killarney last saturday and the same thing in Screen 2, it was roasting in there. Again a full house. I wonder if they have the AC on a setting for the usual low attendance and never upped it:confused:

Went to see it Sunday night, they had it on in the smallest screen there and the place was packed, over course they had the lights off (well before they started showing the trailers) so it was impossible trying to find seats. The most annoying thing about Kilarney cinema is the lack of staff selling drinks etc, when they go to clean a screening room they put everyone except one member of staff cleaning and you end up with huge lines. Place could do with a few improvements.

Advertisement