Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars / Lounges in the City with a good selection of non-alcoholic beers/wines

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Heading down for Spraoi again this year, really looking forward to it. Myself & my OH are not big drinkers and would like to have the car with us while we're out and about at night.

Can you recommend any venues that specifically carry a range of non-alcoholic beers/wines? (non-alcoholic Erdinger, etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Bars that have the best selection of beers also have the best (albeit limited) selection of non-alcoholic beers too. Places which I'm nearly 100% have non-alcoholic Erdinger & Becks etc... are Geoffs, The Front Lounge and Revolutions, possibly Downes and The Forum too but I'm not positive on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I am on the non alcoholic route the last three months and I drink the non alcoholic Erdinger in the Tap Room on Ballybricken. They only get in a few but there will always be at least half a dozen in stock in there of this.

Geoff's I taught would have this but went in one Saturday night and they only had the non alcoholic Paulaner which is dirt. I was abit surprised they didn't stock the Erdinger non alcoholic.

Woodman,Revolutions,Kazbar stock it. I am not sure on the Front Lounge. I'd say don't worry about it as most of the busy places stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I would assume every half-decent pub in the city centre would have non-alco beers in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

You'd be surprised.
    With all the non alcoholic beers out there at the mo: Beck, Erdinger, Bavaria, Paulaner (and the rest), Pubs only seem to stock Bec' and maybe Erdinger. Think there's an up'n coming market got non alcoholic beers these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Had that erdinger a few weeks back. Jaysus its horrible stuff. Much prefer Becks. Never tried any of the other ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

TBH both of em are too gassy, prefer Baveria myself.
    Think pubs should have a Bring Your Own Beer(BYOB) Night:)
    But we know that wont happen

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

TBH both of em are too gassy, prefer Baveria myself.
    Think pubs should have a Bring Your Own Beer(BYOB) Night:)
    But we know that wont happen

Of course it wouldn't - pubs would make nothing from it?

Restaurants make money on corkage and the food, hence why Bring Your Own Wine nights work for them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CocoAyl

I know Shortts Bar offer both Becks & Erdinger but thats all

Advertisement