Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snail Mail

Options
  • 23-07-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy

Im a new business and trying to drum up some customers while I wait for website etc to be done. Whats peoples opinion on sending out a snail mail sales letter of just one page with an offer on it for a service that they might need.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If done well it can be very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

It can be a good way of attracting customers and getting new business. Send out a small amount first and judge the response from that and that should give you an idea of response.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

Thanks for the reply guys

was thinking of doing a mail drop to maybe 500 businesses and include a one page letter and also include a business reply postcard that they fill in there details and send the form back to us. For everyone that sends back their details and buys a product we will put them in a draw for an ipad.

What ya think.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Sounds very good. Are these businesses local to you or spread across the country. If they were local or not too far from you another idea would be to call out and speak directly with the person who does the ordering and then you could follow it up with a letter. It's just I find the personal touch a lot better. Like the saying goes people buy from people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

capefear wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply guys

was thinking of doing a mail drop to maybe 500 businesses and include a one page letter and also include a business reply postcard that they fill in there details and send the form back to us. For everyone that sends back their details and buys a product we will put them in a draw for an ipad.

What ya think.

If your offer is interesting to a business and represents value, the iPad is not necessary. I don't want my staff making a purchase with my money incentivesed by the chance to win an iPad!
    I am not sure about the card, it is old fashioned, I would prefer to be hooked by a good offer and then be able to check it on the web and contact you when my interest has been affirmed.

This is but one man's view....let's see what other opinions are out there,

• Advertisement
Advertisement