Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The 2 other answers were rawl plugs and a balaclava.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

The 2 other answers were rawl plugs and a balaclava.

Lip gloss, car keys, phone, rawl plugs, balaclava - essential items us women folk are never without! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

flutegirl wrote: »
    Never watched Play TV, but did watch a few of the ones on ITV Play. Remember one game on Quizmania (I think, don't quote me!), you had to name items found in a handbag: people guessing all sorts of random things. One of the winning ones eneded up being a plug!! :eek:

Now, I can sometimes have alot of stuff in my bag, but never a plug...

'Make your Play' always had these number games and could never figure them out. BUT, there was one girl, Jo (um, obviously watched this alot to remember her name :o ) who, when she got through, always won. She must have racked up at least £150,000 in winnings.
    Then I reckon it's fair to say she was a plant. Probably got back the price of the phone call and 20 quid for her trouble

coolhull wrote: »
    Then I reckon it's fair to say she was a plant. Probably got back the price of the phone call and 20 quid for her trouble

You're probably right, at the time I thought she was just super smart. Whatever the answer was I had no idea how it was arrived at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sounds like a plant. Have never had a plug in my purse or bag but have had rawl plug and believe it or not I have had a balaclava. Handy to have when out on a astronomy watch

spookwoman wrote: »
    Sounds like a plant. Have never had a plug in my purse or bag but have had rawl plug and believe it or not I have had a balaclava. Handy to have when out on a astronomy watch
    Also handy to have a balaclava if, like redundant PRL presenters, you spent some time fooling ould ones, and didn't want to be recognised..

*Thinks*

mmmhh,could that be the real reason that Spook carries a balaclava everywhere with her?
    Strange that no-one has ever seen Carole and Spowoman in the same room....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

I remember on PlayTV an Eileen Nolan, Carrigohane, Cork, and a Peter Doyle from Carlow, used to win a good 500euro each, on average per week. Plants.

Play TV used to have a list of winners, telling how much people had won, giving names and their locations, and I started doing a bit of research on the list and the above names kept coming up on.

I was a ringer to Play TV then, thinking I could solve the puzzles, that was in the first month of the show, and lost about 100euro, and got through to the studio just once, and of course there was never any straightforward answer.

When I rang the number I was given a question to answer, eg.where is the river Liffey in Dublin or Cork? (one of about 10 simple questions they had) and I always answered correctly, then was told "you almost got through to the studio, try again" another one was "you almost made it", another "better luck next time", so it was difficult even getting through to the studio in the first place.
    That's when I found the forum on Boards, to my delight, and it was like Play TV AA to me. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

That so-called general knowledge question was just a front. You could give no answer or the wrong answer and still get the 'you almost made it' message.
    We should have complained about that as well.

Also handy to have a balaclava if, like redundant PRL presenters, you spent some time fooling ould ones, and didn't want to be recognised..

*Thinks*

mmmhh,could that be the real reason that Spook carries a balaclava everywhere with her?

Reason I have not been seen in same room with Carole is because of a nut allergy. Its gets really bad around her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Reason I have not been seen in same room with Carole is because of a nut allergy. Its gets really bad around her.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TV3 still trotting out the "Nothing to do with us 'guv!" line in their responses, as well as how they "made every effort to ensure the show is compliant"...

One more heading to the committee today.

I sent one in, in which TV3 said that something did not breach any rules but they asked the broadcaster to stop doing it.

*Thinks*

Coohull, I think you've stumbled on to something there...

:D Very good :D

Am I alone, or does anyone else have withdrawal symptoms? I just can't get used to being in bed at midnight.
    I keep asking the angels to find me parking spaces, help me find keys, pay my ESB bills, make my open-toed red shoes fit me (even though I'm a man) and make a packet of fishfingers last a fortnight.

So far, no response. I know it's Christmas time, and Carole kept assigning new clients to their care, but still, wouldn't you think at least one angel would find the time to at least pay a few bob off my bills or multiply my fishfingers.
    Starting to lose faith here......

Am I alone, or does anyone else have withdrawal symptoms? I just can't get used to being in bed at midnight.
    I keep asking the angels to find me parking spaces, help me find keys, pay my ESB bills, make my open-toed red shoes fit me (even though I'm a man) and make a packet of fishfingers last a fortnight.

So far, no response. I know it's Christmas time, and Carole kept assigning new clients to their care, but still, wouldn't you think at least one angel would find the time to at least pay a few bob off my bills or multiply my fishfingers.

Keep the faith, man, you gotta keep believing!!

• Advertisement

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having the craic with everyone on the thread during the show.

But I definitely don't miss having to suffer through the quite nights with Danielle and the other twats. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having the craic with everyone on the thread during the show.

But I definitely don't miss having to suffer through the quite nights with Danielle and the other twats. :P

The odd shows here and there with the magic candle or theo burning gypsy curses at the crossroads were far outnumbered by simpering Sam and her fake sympathy or catatonic carole and her fishfinger complex. I can't get used to normal tv at this time of the night anymore though...

The odd shows here and there with the magic candle or theo burning gypsy curses at the crossroads were far outnumbered by simpering Sam and her fake sympathy or catatonic carole and her fishfinger complex. I can't get used to normal tv at this time of the night anymore though...

People ringing in (and PAYING!) to have their name written on a candle - just bizarre TV.

BUT...

I think the Papa Wango one should win some kind of IFTA/BAFTA for the most bizzaro random show ever. The "song" at the end was the icing on the cake!

Keep the faith, man, you gotta keep believing!!
    That's easy for you to say, young flute player. You haven't been let down like I have.
    To quote James Reilly, for me it's a 'logistical logarithmic progression' and I need a regular psychical fix to keep going.

(By the way, I didn't purposely write that thing about 'logistical'.. etc. That's my magic all-seeing pen at work. I wouldn't know how to spell big words like that)

Well Carole said that the first names that come into your mind are your angels, so obviously you haven't followed her advice, now if you do, you might just get your parking space.

Don't know if the red shoe business would suit you somehow, I'd be afraid you might get to like the open toe shoes too much. Then you might have the urge to put the red nail polish on your big toes. And then you might start dying your hair red, like Carole did, and spend the whole day trying to get it back to orange. Don't know how you'd fare out there. Although it's a good colour for the Christmas season, and you might get away with it. You might even get a surprise from Santa, nice packet of Findus Fish Fingers, wouldn't that be nice for yeh.

Come on all ye faithful...keep the faith :)

• Advertisement

That's easy for you to say, young flute player. You haven't been let down like I have.
    To quote James Reilly, for me it's a 'logistical logarithmic progression' and I need a regular psychical fix to keep going.

(By the way, I didn't purposely write that thing about 'logistical'.. etc. That's my magic all-seeing pen at work. I wouldn't know how to spell big words like that)

Woah! :eek: Thems some seriously big words for this time of night, it's a wonder the pen didn't run out of ink! :pac:

People ringing in (and PAYING!) to have their name written on a candle - just bizarre TV.

BUT...

I think the Papa Wango one should win some kind of IFTA/BAFTA for the most bizzaro random show ever. The "song" at the end was the icing on the cake!

just for you, go about 1 minute into this video ;)

just for you, go about 1 minute into this video ;)

Good find! Excellent :pac:

I think, and I'm dead serious, we should campaign to have Papa and Djaly as our entry in the Eurovision for next year!! Wnolan already has the bones of a song, and a certain someone might accompany them, making one of the mods (and a few others!) verrrryyyy happy indeed.

And on that thought I'm off to sleep, night. ;)

Whenever the 'phone rings in 'Without a Trace'....I keep hoping it's someone looking for a 'general reading' :pac:

Orielle wrote: »
    Whenever the 'phone rings in 'Without a Trace'....I keep hoping it's someone looking for a 'general reading' :pac:

Tom should call them to find his missing pink tractor, Starella was no help at all!

Tom should call them to find his missing pink tractor, Starella was no help at all!

How do you know Starella was no help, were you taking to Tom ;)

BMollie wrote: »
    How do you know Starella was no help, were you taking to Tom ;)
    Starella was no help to anyone. Tom would have been better off ringing Crimeline

Orielle wrote: »

Lads, I think we all need counselling...

*runs off to find 'PRL Anonymous' helpline number*

2.44/MIN. ;)

2.44/MIN. ;)

Lol, I'll reverse the charges ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

hello all. I see this snipped is still going strong. Poor mary I hope she can afford a turkey after all she has spent this year

You must have missed the memo.

It has been gone for over a week now.

...and not read post #1

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    ...and not read post #1
    .... But never late than never. Though I do sense that time is catching up on us here on this thread, and our days are numbered.

*You can take our thread, but you'll never take our freeeeeeeedoooooom!*

Don't worry, TV3 will come up with a new revenue generating show from our friends in Budapest at some stage.

The best part of our victory is that we got rid of it in time for Christmas.

.... But never late than never. Though I do sense that time is catching up on us here on this thread, and our days are numbered.

*You can take our thread, but you'll never take our freeeeeeeedoooooom!*
    The thread will/should go on for another 3 to 4 months. I anticipate complaints being decided in January or even February which means March is earliest for 'last' announcements.

LOL - there's probably a similar thread ongoing over at boards.eso.tv ;) Top poster: fish_fingers_carole :pac:

Don't worry, TV3 will come up with a new revenue generating show from our friends in Budapest at some stage.

The best part of our victory is that we got rid of it in time for Christmas.

Yeah, can you imagine the number of people ringing over Christmas, doesn't bear thinking about.

Maybe we should start a 12 step programme to help us through our withdrawl/denial....They went so quickly, there was no time to wean ourselves off them gradually...I miss the madness of it all :(

• Advertisement

Well I'm on a well earned break and don't miss having to listen to verbal diarrhea for 2 hours every night. Glad its gone before the xmas and budget, lot more people will be hurting

If we're not careful they'll bring the friggin thing back! :eek:

If we're not careful they'll bring the friggin thing back! :eek:

They're probably still reading our posts :eek:

This thread will die tonight...

You think?

The Play TV thread was left open for a good while, so why not this one :confused:

Will we be relegated to the hormone site now? Need to post

• Advertisement

You think?

My psychic intuition tells me it will... ;)

My psychic intuition tells me it will... ;)

Is the moon in retrograde?? :pac:

But the world is not supposed to end till December 21st. So that gives us another 9 days

You think?

It will...
    :D
    ...but only to make way for thread #5 - The Finale

We can't have new threads popping up everywhere when a complaint is upheld. Can we?

Getting the large candle out, and all your names are going on it, will think of Mary and John, and will light it at midnight, and at 1 second past this thread will be alive and kicking with lots of energy :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement