Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Using a different set of cards wont make up to wrong guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

BMollie wrote: »
    Lets start again....she hasn't given her a positive answer yet

Flathan never has to reshuffle his cards...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

The hangman's there...:cool:

another €19.52

This is sad...

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    This is sad...

Most of the calls tonight were sad

This is low making money from someone's grief. Subject should have been side tracked and talked about something else. 14.64 spent on unqualified counseling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

This poor woman is going through hell, losing her daughter who was also a young mother.

Dr. Phil says "It's not time that heals, its what you do with the time that heals".

This lady would be able to get couselling/therapy, that's what she probably needs.

cofy wrote: »
    This poor woman is going through hell, losing her daughter who was also a young mother.

Dr. Phil says "It's not time that heals, its what you do with the time that heals".

...is da man! He talks a lot of sense.

• Advertisement

Telling him he maybe suffering from depression

...is da man! He talks a lot of sense.

Helped me a lot very soon after a family tradedy.

Helped me a lot very soon after a family tradedy.

Very sorry to hear that.

Very sorry to hear that.

Thank you. Tonight maybe Dr. Phil would have been a better choice for some of the callers tonight.

She looks after her pennies... she is ringing someone for their opinion at 2.44 per minute

Thank you. Tonight maybe Dr. Phil would have been a better choice for some of the callers tonight.

I'm sure his books are available in the library, they'd be a great help.

any Dr would have been a better choice. On another matter its the "hanged man" not hangman card. God I'd hate to see the bills of the callers that called her when she was in the booth.

A few sad callers tonight. Time to call it a night, sleep well eveyone ;)

Time Name Mins Cost
    0.08 Michael 6 €14.64
    0.16 female 2 €4.88
    0.23 male 7 €17.08
    0.31 Female 8 €19.52
    0.39 female 8 €19.52
    0.47 Mark Jordan 4 €9.76
    0.53 Male 4 €9.76
    0.57 drop
    0.58 Margaret 9 €21.96
    1.07 Vivian 5 €12.20
    1.12 olive 8 €19.52
    1.21 Marie 8 €19.52
    1.29 female 8 €19.52
    1.38 male 8 €19.52
    1.47 marie 6 €14.64
    1.53 Maria 7 €17.08
    Estimated total on air time cost excluding waiting time €239.12

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kieran dolan

I have been following this thread for a few months now. When I heard about John Sutton I started watching every night. I must say I love John, he is a legend. I never had as much of a laugh he is very entertaining. I decided to ring in for the craic and see for myself what was going on. I was waiting about 20 minutes before I got to talk to a girl from the call center. All she said was that I can't ask any question in relation to health but I could ask a question about love finances or career, my name date of birth nothing was asked for so John had no prior knowledge of me, in my case anyway. I asked about business and finances for the next year. John did the automatic writing and told me that money was coming from the bank but not to overstep the mark also I was told I was getting a lucky coin, at the end of the call the girl from the call center took my name and address. I got the lucky coin yesterday and where was it posted from, you guessed it Budapest Hungary. What is the story with the nutter from last night doing the cards, how many timess does she have to shuffle the cards, how many readings and questions does she have to do or ask before she tells people what they want to hear. She also tries to keep people on the phone for ages, her employers must love her. Just be aware that in my case I was held on the phone for 20 minutes before I went on air, so factor that in to the total costs for what they are earning. I just decided that night to see for myself how the setup operated I must admit it was an expensive lurk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I have been following this thread for a few months now. When I heard about John Sutton I started watching every night. I must say I love John, he is a legend. I never had as much of a laugh he is very entertaining. I decided to ring in for the craic and see for myself what was going on. I was waiting about 20 minutes before I got to talk to a girl from the call center. All she said was that I can't ask any question in relation to health but I could ask a question about love finances or career, my name date of birth nothing was asked for so John had no prior knowledge of me, in my case anyway. I asked about business and finances for the next year. John did the automatic writing and told me that money was coming from the bank but not to overstep the mark also I was told I was getting a lucky coin, at the end of the call the girl from the call center took my name and address. I got the lucky coin yesterday and where was it posted from, you guessed it Budapest Hungary. What is the story with the nutter from last night doing the cards, how many timess does she have to shuffle the cards, how many readings and questions does she have to do or ask before she tells people what they want to hear. She also tries to keep people on the phone for ages, her employers must love her. Just be aware that in my case I was held on the phone for 20 minutes before I went on air, so factor that in to the total costs for what they are earning. I just decided that night to see for myself how the setup operated I must admit it was an expensive lurk.

Out of interest, would you be willing to tell us what the total cost of that call was when you get your next bill?

Genuinely curious to start getting some cast iron figures, given that so few people who've rang in would be Boardsies I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kieran dolan

I forget to say that in my last post, I definatley will.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I forget to say that in my last post, I definatley will.
    20 mins waiting and a few minutes with John would bring you close to the €60 limit.
    That's if you use Eircom. A different provider would be much more - up to about €85.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    20 mins waiting and a few minutes with John would bring you close to the €60 limit.
    That's if you use Eircom. A different provider would be much more - up to about €85.

And isn't there a regulation that says they're required to ask whether you want to continue after you reach the €60 mark?

Would be interested to know if kieran's costs end up over the 60mark and whether PRL complied with this particular reg....

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

There is, which may explain some calls being suddenly discontinued.
    e.g. last night a caller mentioned waiting long time and was told after about 5 mins, call had to end because others were waiting.

Caller last night said "I'm waiting for the live reading was next in the queue" "I'm waiting a Very long time there and you picked up one call" "Sorry I'm a bit flustered after that last call" Joanna tells her when the caller tried to get more info that she wished she could go into more details but its only a quick connection here"
    Calls previous to this were a male from 00.53 to 00.57 then there was a drop straight after the call. Next call 00.58 to 01.07 (9mins) This caller got through 01.07 straight after the 9 min call and hers lasted 5 mins.

Kierans call if correct was the 6th and lasted 2 mins on air he was the last caller of the night
    01:57:08 M Turned tv down not talking. Problem with sleeping I was told was like a washing machine going around No coin Need to see a doctor 1 01:58:46
    Next caller gets coin
    02:07:02 M Brendan Coin - Health and Love MARY IS LOVELY LADY KISS IN MAY. From Wexford. Extra work coming in. Going to England next year 1 02:09:12
    1 more coin
    02:14:02 M Kieran Coin - Finance and business MONEY FROM BANK IS COMING BUT DO NOT OVERSTEP MARK . Cautious big success august 1 02:16:09

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Thanks for telling us of your experience with psychic readings live, the more we find out, the more shady their business operation sounds. Like wnolan I'd be interested in how much the call cost, I'd ring in myself to have a bit of fun with the psychic but the prospect of a €40 or €50 (or more) charge for the call is enough to make my eyes water.

24th October 2012
    JOANNA - TAROT READER

00.08 Michael 5 mins (what do you see happening with family)
    00.16 Female 2 mins(where future lies,trapped in deadend relationship, Joanna:"partner controlling purse strings) CALL DROP continues reading
    00.23 Male 7 mins(where is my life going, going to meet woman, you know her)
    00.30 Helen 9 mins (disagrees with Joanna about wedding, female has problem with alcohol)
    00.39 Phyllis 7 mins (you have marriage difficulties "no", problems in family "no")
    00.46 Mark Jordan 5 mins(broke up with girlfriend Natasha, loves her, should I move on, i'm a man possessed, i dumped her, has other girl - "you cheated while you were with her" no I didn't)
    00.53 Male 4 mins (tell me my future) bad connection call dropped - Joanna continues with reading.
    00.57 CALL RING
    00.58 Margaret 9 mins (my life,know there are certain things you can't talk about like health, what's mediumship? lives alone,has arthritis.
    01.07 Vivian 5 mins (was next in queue waiting for a long time time to get through)
    01.12 Olive9 mins (Will I meet somebody? 72 years old, on her own, somebody to take care of me)
    01.21 Mairead 8 mins (Is there somebody for me? doesn't agree with most of what Joanna tells her)
    01.29 Female 8 mins (your fed up with past want new beginnings? "my daughter died")
    01.37 Male 8 mins (I went through hell last few years) "you ended relationship, you might be suffering from depression."
    01.45 CALL RING
    01.47 Marie 6 mins (Life at standstill, had to give up work, bad legs, any sign of move) "I don't see move."
    01.53 Maria 7 mins (single woman, employed, seeing a married guy at the moment) "you'll meet new guy,no marriage, will live together."

Is that €60 per call or per night??

Some of the people ring in more than once in an evening, that would be a serious phone bill if it's €60 per call, and no limit on the number of calls made per night/week etc. :eek:

I never watched Play TV here, but the ITV Play games had a limit on the number of calls made, per month I think, but there was a limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Any limit would be in the PRS licence issued to PRL by comreg. I wonder is that document subject to FOI?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement