Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

from Ts & Cs
    9. Each Caller may participate in the Shows and/or make calls as many times and be on the line till 24,6 minutes as this reach the €60 termination point.

...and from ComReg:
      5.4 Except where otherwise provided for in the Code, all end-users of PRS that are accessed and/or charged by a premium rate number must be notified of the applicable charges* on connection and as soon as they have incurred €30 on a call, be required to actively confirm that they wish to continue the call. The call must be terminated after the end-user has incurred €60 on a call. End-users may then call a service back at this point, should they wish to continue using it. For the avoidance of doubt, where a PRS is operating on a number that costs €1 per minute, the call must be terminated at 60 minutes; 40-minute termination at €1.50 per minute, and so on. *Please note: any additional network charges that may be added on to the per minute charge of the call, outside the control of the PRS Provider, are not included as part of this rule and are not, therefore, something that PRS Providers are considered to be responsible for under the Code. 5.5 Where there is a requirement that a call is to terminate at the expiration of a fixed period of time or charge, the PRS Provider must effect termination within the time or monetary limit so fixed.

The ComReg document takes a lot of reading because it covers so much. How people interpret it could vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

So, in theory I could keep ringing all day and night and and there's no limit to how many phone calls I make, the only cap in place is the €60 limit, and then I can ring again?? :eek: Ah lads...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

flutegirl wrote: »
    So, in theory I could keep ringing all day and night and and there's no limit to how many phone calls I make, the only cap in place is the €60 limit, and then I can ring again?? :eek: Ah lads...:mad:

Just crazy isn't it :mad: wonder how many calls they get after show stops.

flutegirl wrote: »
    Not quite:
      5.46 PRS Providers operating Live Services must take all reasonable steps to identify and terminate calls being made without the authority of the bill-payer. At a minimum, the following procedure must be implemented by operators: (a) any caller who appears to be using the service excessively, either by making a large number of calls, or one or more very long call(s), must be warned by the operator of the potential costs of the call(s). This also includes any caller who appears to be calling from work, where the service could not reasonably be considered to be work-related, and (b) having received a warning, a caller who stays on the line must be asked whether he/she is responsible for paying the telephone bill or whether he/she has the bill-payer's permission to use the telephone. If there is any reason for the operator to doubt the truth of the response, then the call must be terminated by the operator immediately.

Like I said, there's a lot of reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I really think most of the older callers just want to hear a friendly voice,rather than any real interest in their ''future, career, or love life''.
    But just how many huge phone bills do you have to get before you realise you're being scammmed? And is there really so many people out there who don't recognise a rip-off when they see it? MABS or V de P must surely be aware of what's going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I dont know if mabs or v de p know or if they do. can they do anything?

Love Money Carrier Family.

spookwoman wrote: »
    I dont know if mabs or v de p know or if they do. can they do anything?
    I know they probably couldn't do anything, spook, but they have access to the media, like maybe 'Lifeline' or Marion Finucane

The pidgeons are back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Indeed, I'm going to ring up about the current movements of the USS Nimitz

aircraft-carrier-turning.jpg

The carrier on my granddaughter's bike keeps getting loose. I wonder if Joanna can do anything about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Can you ring me back.... Seriously??!!

''My credit is going to run out. Can you ring me back?''..... Poor innocent soul.

another feck up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

The secret millionaire rings in.....

Good one, caller!

She's flustered now. Let there be more calls like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I think she is being trolled to the high heavens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What happened?

• Advertisement

What happened?
    Told caller she had financial probs caller said no i'm a multi millionaire no problems with money

She's flustered now. Let there be more calls like that :D
    I guess there aren't enough multi-millionaires out there. You don't get wealthy be phoning PRL

Excellent start tonight :rolleyes::D

Statistically is it possible to get ever question wrong? "Think I'll hang up on you now" :D

Another brilliant call! A few more more of those and she'll have to throw away her 'ten of cups'

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

coolhull wrote: »
    Another brilliant call! A few more more of those and she'll have to throw away her 'ten of cups'

Ah no she could use it to pay her tv licence

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I think she is being trolled to the high heavens.

And deservedly so...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Car Crash 5...:D

Keep asking and you may hit on the right one

• Advertisement

Another b*lls-up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement