Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Joanna said her Grandmother had 'The Gift'....The woman must be spinning in her grave:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Is joanna giving her own reading there?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Orielle wrote: »
    Joanna said her Grandmother had 'The Gift'....The woman must be spinning in her grave:rolleyes:
    She sure as hell didn't pass on her '' gift'' to Joanna

Mark's mother is totally confusing our 'psychic'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Joanna won't be lasting too long. Think a couple of plants were thrown in there Margaret/Nora

• Advertisement

Joanna loves that caller. Caller is practically spoon-feeding her.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

BMollie wrote: »
    Joanna won't be lasting too long.
    That's what I thought 5 nights ago. ;)

We are teaching them how to spell....see they've changed it from carrier to career now :)

She said she just can't say how brilliant, all their other 'psychics' are.....of course she can't...they're not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

ay up

• Advertisement

Much as I'd like to stay up for more excitement, Joanna, sweetie, you're wearing me down. I'm going to leave you to the tender mercies of my brilliant fellow-boardies. Fingers crossed for a few more Trollies! G'night all....

That was an easy reading with the young girl, the older women are the problem for her.

Lots of Yes, Yes, Yes, from Margaret :confused:

shorter readings showing lack of callers tonight. think her earlier flubs are showing grabbing a coffee

Breda 3 m.

Enough. Will catch last ½hr tomorrow.

Goodnight.

ouch another 9 min call

Wanted to know about his history :D

0.09 Maeve co westmeath €2.44
    0.12 martina €4.88
    0.16 Maggie €4.88
    0.22 Female €7.32
    0.25 Margaret €4.88
    0.31 Nora €12.20
    0.41 Mark €14.64
    0.49 Aine €21.96
    1.05 joanne €12.20
    1.17 drop
    1.21 Margaret €17.08
    1.38 Brida €7.32
    1.46 marie €21.96
    2.01 drop
    2.02 Philip nevin nee mannion €4.88
    2.04 Female €4.88
    Estimated total on air time cost excluding waiting time €141.52. Down €97.60 from last nights estimated on air total of €239.12

25th October 2012
    JOANNA - TAROT READER

00.09 MAEVE, WESTMEATH (CALL DROP..continues reading)

00.11 MARTINA (disappointed with love? "no", problem with love? "I'm married for many years", my credit is going can you ring me back? Joanna continues with reading)

00.15 MAGGIE (your money is tight, putting on a brave face, see change in future, someone in family trying for a job change? "I'm a multi millionaire I don't have problems", "I've just had an accident....that's all wrong") CALL DROP

00.21 FEMALE (do you live alone? "no", do you feel apart from your family?"no", concerned about one of the members? "no", I see a female/daughter "no,no,no I'm 67 and I won't be having a baby, I've no children, I think I will hang up on you")

00.25 MARGARET (your disappointed in love, divorced, looking for love, best friend taking you somewhere and you will meet somebody..No Reply from caller)

00.31 NORA (man around you not helping, waiting for news, someone not employed "yes my son", new job for him)

00.41 MARK (not with anyone your looking for love, new job coming "ok", trouble in mother's life "no" she has hard times "very well")

00.49 AINE (your settled good family, no money worries "yes", "can you see if son Tony get's a job"?, 2 jobs won't have to travel, he's moving house "no", a relationship issue "no he's married")

01.05 JOANNE or SUZANNE (waiting for news of new job, "yeh when will it happen", love similar your trapped feeling very down, something exciting on love side)

01.17 CALL DROP
    01.21 MARGARET (things going around in your mind "yes", disappointment, problem with daughter, "yes",anything to do with sons? "Paul he's not into women, hasn't got good health")

01.38 BREDA (earth sign your good with your hands "no", your looking for something different and feeing down "yes", woman causing you problems? No Answer, Money in limbo? No Answer, your changing career in new year "thank you")

01.46 MARIE (you've no major issues, do you feel isolated? "no", do you have a daughter? "no", sister new beginnings? "no", anybody you want to talk about? "son Thomas", he's looking for a job? "no, he's just out of school and has intellectual difficulties")

02.01 CALL DROP
    02.02 PHILIP NEVIN (nee MANNION) "I am Philip Nevin (nee Mannion) am I a direct descendant of an English earl from Connemara?" Joanna - I don't understand, "ask girl on telly why I'm a direct descendant from English earls" I'm watching the telly your not on the telly, "I want to know my history, I am Philip Nevin (nee Mannion) a direct descendant from the English earls of St.Roth - a great Irish general, I want to know my history" CALL DROP

02.04 FEMALE (you had difficult year due to gentleman, you might be psychic, next year better)

• Advertisement

That has got to be the worst show yet...It's a litany of failure. If I did my job as inefficiently as that 'psychic'...I would be shown the door...and rightly so::mad:
    This is exploitation of the gullible and lonely, at its worst: As irritating and wildly inaccurate, as Sam and Flathan are, at least they come across as
    confident, and can spin a reasonable yarn. Watching Joanna aimlessly and badly, shuffling cards, is cringeworthy. My cat could give a better reading

Orielle wrote: »
    That has got to be the worst show yet...It's a litany of failure. If I did my job as inefficiently as that 'psychic'...I would be shown the door...and rightly so::mad:
    This is exploitation of the gullible and lonely, at its worst: As irritating and wildly inaccurate, as Sam and Flathan are, at least they come across as
    confident, and can spin a reasonable yarn. Watching Joanna aimlessly and badly, shuffling cards, is cringeworthy. My cat could give a better reading

Think she's the scrapings of the barrell as regards presenters...don't think there is anybody else there at the moment..even the 2 little windows some months back would have a psychic in each one. Empty now. She comes across all fingers and thumbs, trying to shuffle, and dropping cards.
    All the people who were pissed off with her last night, hopefully they will complain about the bad service they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Disappointed I'm missing the show imploding. :(

Anyone wanna place a bet on when Flathan / Wayne will make a return for "one night only". :P

Must be hard times in Budapest if they've had her on for five nights in a row, when even Ali only got one night.

Gotta say, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Disappointed I'm missing the show imploding. :(

Anyone wanna place a bet on when Flathan / Wayne will make a return for "one night only". :P

Must be hard times in Budapest if they've had her on for five nights in a row, when even Ali only got one night.

Gotta say, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people. :)

If memory serves, Ali said on Twitter and/or FaceBook that she left because she didn't like the set-up and what was expected of her etc.

Anyone with a touch of empathy or any morals would not go on this show. Preying on peoples emotions to get a few bob, many sites on the internet say to stay away from these TV psychics as the "real ones" would do one to one sittings and provide proper testimonials. These sites are both sceptics and other psychics and that says a lot.
    This is from a Australian gov website Some people hold beliefs that leave them even more vulnerable
    One of them is the belief that all companies, businesses and organisations are legitimate and okay because they are all vetted and approved by the government or some other authority. That is not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Not quite:
      5.46 PRS Providers operating Live Services must take
    all reasonable steps to
    identify and terminate calls being made without the authority of the bill-payer.
    At a minimum, the following procedure must be implemented by operators:
    (a) any caller who appears to be using the service excessively, either by
    making a large number of calls, or one or more very long call(s), must
    be warned by the operator of the potential costs of the call(s). This also
    includes any caller who appears to be calling from work, where the
    service could not reasonably be considered to be work-related, and
    (b) having received a warning, a caller who stays on the line must be
    asked whether he/she is responsible for paying the telephone bill or
    whether he/she has the bill-payer's permission to use the telephone. If
    there is any reason for the operator to doubt the truth of the response,
    then the call must be terminated by the operator immediately.

Like I said, there's a lot of reading.

Very subjective and open to interpretation. Very hard to measure.
    spookwoman wrote: »
    I dont know if mabs or v de p know or if they do. can they do anything?

They could raise awareness, especially with Christmas coming up. I would think there would be an increase in calls around this time if the show is still on the air. Christmas can be a vulnerable time of year for some people and an increase in calls should be expected. Imagaine the bills hitting the doormart in January. :eek:
    BMollie wrote: »
    We are teaching them how to spell....see they've changed it from carrier to career now :)

They still haven't changed 'can not' to 'cannot' in the strap at the bottom when mentioning health issues...not that it bugs me or anything ;)

Not sticking around for the show tonight, will try and check in tomorrow night to see what the craic is. ;)

Anyone with a touch of empathy or any morals would not go on this show. Preying on peoples emotions to get a few bob, many sites on the internet say to stay away from these TV psychics as the "real ones" would do one to one sittings and provide proper testimonials. These sites are both sceptics and other psychics and that says a lot.
    This is from a Australian gov website Some people hold beliefs that leave them even more vulnerable
    One of them is the belief that all companies, businesses and organisations are legitimate and okay because they are all vetted and approved by the government or some other authority. That is not so.
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more. it mjght explain why presenters like Flatham and Joanna wear so much blusher. If I preyed on vulnerable people like they do, I'd be blushing too. And it may explain why presenters change so often.

SHE'S GONE ;)

did joanna get the boot?

• Advertisement

did joanna get the boot?

must have....wonder what this one will be like :D

Simone get's the bit about health in in her first few sentences

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement