Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

These few minutes are lasting a lifetime! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gobythewall

That's the scariest thing Ive ever seen. €2.44 a minuite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Another Robin :confused: and a feather pillow

And I cant get through, what if I need ed spiritual advice? Good thing 999 dont carry on this way...

BMoliie, is that you??

• Advertisement

Could be, Im not sure I know anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"I have a feather pillow. I started pulling out the feathers. I'm now surrounded by feathers."

I don't even....

... .-- . . - / -.. .-. . .- -- ... / . ...- . .-. -.-- --- -. . --..-- / -. .. --. .... - / ..-. --- .-. / -. --- .-- .-.-.-

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Thats cheating misses pulling the feathers out of pillows. Robins are the tamest of garden birds and attracted to lawns. They also well get very friendly when someone is digging so they can get the worms.

flutegirl wrote: »
    BMoliie, is that you??

That's me with the flower hanging out of my green hat alright :D

• Advertisement

This video sums up tonight:

Nighty night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Carole Davies
    00.35 Maeve Co Westmeath 4.88
    00.39 Female 4.88
    00.43 Male Troll havnt helped 4.88
    00.50 Female poss underage 2.44
    00.55 Female 4.88
    01.02 Female 9.76
    01.10 Female 4.88
    01.16 Female 7.32
    01.22 Female 7.32
    01.30 Mary 2.44
    01.38 Male 2.44
    01.44 Female 14.64
    02.01 Tereasa 7.32
    02.09 Deirdre 12.2
    02.17 Female 9.76
    02.28 Female 4.88

Estimated total on air time cost excluding waiting time €104.92
    09/11/2012 €48.80 €56.12 ↑
    08/11/2012 €56.12 €48.80 ↑
    06/11/2012 €80.52 €24.40 ↑
    05/11/2012 €87.84 €17.08 ↑
    04/11/2012 €82.96 €21.96 ↑
    03/11/2012 €90.28 €14.64 ↑
    02/11/2012 €109.80 -€4.88
    01/11/2012 €61.00 €43.92 ↑
    31/10/2012 €100.04 €4.88 ↑
    30/10/2012 €51.24 €53.68 ↑
    29/10/2012 €97.60 €7.32 ↑
    28/10/2012 €129.32 -€24.40
    27/10/2012 €141.52 -€36.60
    26/10/2012 €95.52 €9.40 ↑
    25/10/2012 €141.52 -€36.60
    24/10/2012 €239.12 -€134.20

Right. Starting me own mumbo jumbo line.

I feel some of you out there may have issues
    Dont be afraid to discuss them with me
    2.44 per minute mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Originally posted by DEFTLEFTHAND. 'Any cretin of sound mind, can read what's on the screen in front of them'

Cretins are not of sound mind, that's just it...they are vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Kindly point out on the screen where it says average waiting times before getting through to the studio are 7 minutes? (the official time given by TV3)

Or where it says you could be on hold for up to 20 minutes? (people have reported this)

You can't help people from themselves, its free will they can hang up at any time, it's their choice to spend their coin as they will.

You can't help people from themselves, its free will they can hang up at any time, it's their choice to spend their coin as they will.

A fool and money...

Like I said previously, some people need to be protected from themselves.

I'll give the example of a serial caller, Paul. Over the course of two months he made in the region of 30 calls to this "service", racking up a phone bill of ~€150, not including waiting times. I genuinely don't believe that ANYONE of sound mind would do this.

Let's also take for example the elderly callers who've said they're lonely and don't get out much on air, I'm sure to them it seems like a nice outlet to call up the friendly looking woman/man on the TV who's telling everyone else such lovely things, and they stay on the line just for some company.

I get your argument that they have the free will to hang up, but I don't believe these people are capable of that.

And regardless of all of that, so far the BAI have upheld 7 complaints against the show, so whether you think people should have the option of calling this or not, it is clear that this show has not been completely above board.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Just catching up with what I missed last night.
    It seems I've got lots of 'angels' and they've been trying to contact me; and what have I done?
    I've sent them to the spam box and then deleted them. :eek: :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Let's also take for example the elderly callers who've said they're lonely and don't get out much on air, I'm sure to them it seems like a nice outlet to call up the friendly looking woman/man on the TV who's telling everyone else such lovely things, and they stay on the line just for some company.

I can vouch for that to a certain extent.
    Years ago when I was on night-time pirate radio we had several elderly women who phoned in, not for a request but just for a chat.

I'll give the example of a serial caller, Paul. Over the course of two months he made in the region of 30 calls to this "service", racking up a phone bill of ~€150, not including waiting times. I genuinely don't believe that ANYONE of sound mind would do this.

I get your argument that they have the free will to hang up, but I don't believe these people are capable of that.

And regardless of all of that, so far the BAI have upheld 7 complaints against the show, so whether you think people should have the option of calling this or not, it is clear that this show has not been completely above board.
    Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I can vouch for that to a certain extent.
    Years ago when I was on night-time pirate radio we had several elderly women who phoned in, not for a request but just for a chat.

It's not an accident that PRL is on past midnight. If it's still on at Christmas time the calls will go through the roof! We'll all have Repetitive Strain Injury from typing so much. :eek:

• Advertisement

INTERESTING NOTE: :confused:

Was watching part of the recording of last night's show today and knew something was different about the studio.

CAROLE in my opinion, was not in the studio, that was a greenscreen behind her, with the bit of the usual black lace, the rest was just a picture of the studio. I had someone else look at it and they are also 100% sure of this.

What was going on then, if anyone else has a recording of it, you should watch it back.

Was she in England doing the show?, maybe they didn't want to spend the air fare for her going to Budapest. :confused:

BMollie wrote: »

Was watching part of the recording of last night's show today and knew something was different about the studio.

CAROLE in my opinion, was not in the studio, that was a greenscreen behind her, with the bit of the usual black lace, the rest was just a picture of the studio. I had someone else look at it and they are also 100% sure of this.

What was going on then, if anyone else has a recording of it, you should watch it back.

Was she in England doing the show?, maybe they didn't want to spend the air fare for her going to Budapest. :confused:

Not that you mention it... it did look odder than usual...

Flathan probably threw his toys out of the pram sooner than they expected, ad didn't have the time to find a proper replacement.

Wonder will we see Sam again? She's the only recurring presenter that doesn't have a black mark against her name AFAIK.

BMollie wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought on Flatman's show on Thursday night (didn't see last night's show) - I was half expecting the background to change into a ski-slope behind him.

In addition, the camera never moved - it was fixed in the same position all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

The set was definitely different alright. It was very similar to the original, but a bit like a mock up:
    Maybe Carole was indeed elsewhere

Perhaps the Budapest' Psychics', are fed up being restrained by all the 'Irish rules'. Flathan often complains about them:
    This lady managed to sit there for over two hours and do almost nothing, She made no predictions, she gave practically the same answer to everybody who rang her
    she had no cards, crystal ball, pendulum, pebbles, shells, or coins:
    She offended nobody, except one man whose call ended abruptly
    Her topic was all warm and fuzzy..angels are everywhere around us, guiding, caring, loving. Her callers, were mostly elderly sounding believers, overjoyed at glimpsing a feather: This was actually a non-show:(I can almost hear the voices of the powers that be saying 'Let them find something offensive about angels')
    I'll give her credit for content though..robins, rainbows, bolts of light,and of course feathers, plus the fact that her show sparked a fascinating selection
    of posts on this thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Just catching up with what I missed last night.
    It seems I've got lots of 'angels' and they've been trying to contact me; and what have I done?
    I've sent them to the spam box and then deleted them. :eek: :rolleyes:
    Dammit! I've done the same. One of my angels said his name was Ounga Ruis, a businessman from Nigeria, and quite a few called themselves Canadian Pharmacies.
    Did Carole have those names on her cards?

Yep, she's definitely in front of a green screen thing, you can see the outline around her and the back of her chair. Well spotted BMollie.

Lads, I'm not sure I can take another night of the angels...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Aaaggghhh, Deirdre again.

Yep, she's definately in front of a green screen thing, you can see the outline around her and the back of her chair. Well spotted BMollie.

It's a fairly recent photo of the studio as well - the chair in the background is there - it was on the main floor until about 2 months ago (Flatman was hugging it one night, and telling us how he loved it)

• Advertisement

Yep, she's definately in front of a green screen thing, you can see the outline around her and the back of her chair. Well spotted BMollie.

The chandlier is not even moving even the tiniest bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement