Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Oh god, dreary Deirdre is back again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

BMollie wrote: »
    Another thearpy session for Carole...she's probably going to tell us all about how she was bullied :(

Maybe this is directed at us for sending all those complaints, we are bullying TV3 and PRL. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Oh, goody. I've been looking forward all week to hearing her hilarious anecdotes of fish fingers, red shoes, Barbel's book and little red cars... Admit it, you've all been looking forward to it too

"Psychic Smitty" - that always cracks me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Another therapy session for Carole...she's probably going to tell us all about how she was bullied :(

She's needs to be very careful on that topic I would think, very sensitive issue.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

flutegirl wrote: »
    Anyone got any paint drying? :rolleyes:

Back in the days of another program someone posted a 10 minute clip of just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

She's needs to be very careful on that topic I would think, very sensitive issue.
    Agreed from www.yourmentalhealth.ie/concerned/bullying_harassment/
    Bullying can cause physical, mental and emotional pain and can make you feel alone, scared, angry, confused or sad. All of these can affect your mental health.

Also Bullying harms kids' mental health: study | Reuters

Carole (to the producer): do you mind if I constantly check my cue cards, and hold them up so the camera can see them ?
    Producer: don't see why not - no-ones watching the show anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

and he hasn't changed a bit since 1966

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Back in the days of another program someone posted a 10 minute clip of just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Late to the game, but since when have they gone green screen?

Caller: Can I have a general reading please?
    Carole: Of course. Change your life and live your dreams.

That's a reading?

I always imagine when I see his face that if you got through to him he'd say "alright geezer!"

I'm lost for words that parents are ringing psychics if their child is being bullied at school. Their school will have an anti-bullying policy, it needs to be brought to the attention of the school and will be dealt with in a serious and sensitive manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I'm lost for words that parents are ringing psychics if their child is being bullied at school. Their school will have an anti-bullying policy, it needs to be brought to the attention of the school and will be dealt with in a serious and sensitive manner.

That mother is probably at her wits end, probably having dealt with it today again..and the temptation was too much when she heard what Carole was discussing.

I always imagine when I see his face that if you got through to him he'd say "alright geezer!"

When he's not psyching it up Smitty is a backup singer for the Drifters. fact*

* Well it could be a fact...or it could be a lie, its still a more entertaining idea than listening to Carolzzzzzz

That mother is probably at her wits end, probably having dealt with it today again..and the temptation was too much when she heard what Carole was discussing.

She probably was, and ringing in was a last resort, but once again there are other services out there far more qualified to help in these situations.

Agreed, and that's bad enough in itself. What's worse is this bull**** (sorry) of "they'll move onto the next person" and it's how "you project your energy" - i.e. it's somehow the child's fault :mad: :mad: I'm absolutely horrified for that poor parent.

When he's not psyching it up Smitty is a backup singer for the Drifters. fact*

* Well it could be a fact...or it could be a lie, its still a more entertaining idea than listening to Carolzzzzzz

Thought that was a bar of chocolate.;) BUT, random made-up facts, I like it!

Did you know?

That the first person to a run a marathon, backwards, whilst carrying an egg on a spoon was called Randy Udderway, FACT*

*not really.

• Advertisement

Agreed, and that's bad enough in itself. What's worse is this bull**** (sorry) of "they'll move onto the next person" and it's how "you project your energy" - i.e. it's somehow the child's fault :mad: :mad: I'm absolutely horrified for that poor parent.

What happened to people being referred on to proper services, eh TV3 and Mr Producer?

Bullying is getting dangerously close to the area of mental health imo.

''Money goes to me - money flows to me''
    ''What you think about - you bring about''...... Seamus Heany must be getting worried

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

They should have the same clampdown on dispensing psychological advice, as they do regarding medical matters...an 'Angel Teacher' is hardly qualified
    to advise on the serious matter of bullying...The wrong words could cause
    untold damage...she nearly blamed the poor victim,when that caller rang about her son!

What happened to people being referred on to proper services, eh TV3 and Mr Producer?

Bullying is getting dangerously close to the area of mental health imo.

And just so I'm absoutely clear Mr. Producer and TV3 - you provided absolutely no value at all to that caller - that is not entertainment. You're quick enough to kill the call when it in your own interests.

Did I hear Flathan say last night he was also a psychotherapist? Somewhere near the beginning of the show...

Did I hear Flathan say last night he was also a psychotherapist? Somewhere near the beginning of the show...

I can't remember

Well, a psycho anyway, I don't know about the therapist bit

Can't say - I do know he says "I'm here for youuu" repeatedly

I see Danielle's stopped dyeing her hair :pac:

• Advertisement

I can't remember

I could've been drifting in and out of sleepiness, but I'm fairly sure he did as I was like "woah, he can't go down that route".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement