Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

flutegirl wrote: »
    Thankfully, my teenage angst is behind me ;)

Well done on becoming a mod, how'd ya swing that one? Does this mean anything Katrina-related is off limits, or we're never to be seen again?? :P

How'd I swing it? F*cked if I know! I'm convinced the mod I'm taking over from put the names of regular posters in a hat and picked at random*. :pac: :pac:

As for Katerina... while I can't do anything to you unless you suddenly get an urge to come talk to all the young'uns, others can.... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

*For the record, I'm almost 80% sure that wasn't the case... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Reminder Psychic Readings Live are broadcasting their apology before the show tonight for breaking the BAI rules. This is the first of 2 broadcasts, the 2nd taking place on Monday the 19th November.

Link to the 4 complaints upheld in Novembers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Broadcasting-Complaints-Decisions-November-2012.pdf

23 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society), 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events).
    30 July - 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    11 August - 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and in particular section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).
    27th August - sections 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

spookwoman wrote: »
    Reminder Psychic Readings Live are broadcasting their apology before the show tonight for breaking the BAI rules. This is the first of 2 broadcasts, the 2nd taking place on Monday the 19th November.

Link to the 4 complaints upheld in Novembers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Broadcasting-Complaints-Decisions-November-2012.pdf

23 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society), 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events).
    30 July - 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    11 August - 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and in particular section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).

Thanks for reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

spookwoman wrote: »

I don't want to miss that

Almost time...

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    Thanks for reminder!

Indeed - just pressed the red button on the sky box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

:D:D:D:D

So the "psychics" are not psychic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Those sweet sweet words!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Oh dear God....NOOOO!!!

• Advertisement

Shameless, shameless, shameless ... :mad:

Was that awkward pause there at the start to let them build up the buffer of the 13 second delay?.... hmmmm.

Could be a rookie producer on hand tonight, played the call ringing effect first off instead of the cheering. :)

But it's Carole... :(

Orielle wrote: »
    Oh dear God....NOOOO!!!

I've never changed a channel so fast! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads, the will to live is being lost here quickly.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Was that awkward pause there at the start to let them build up the buffer of the 13 second delay?.... hmmmm.

Could be a rookie producer on hand tonight, played the call ringing effect first off instead of the cheering. :)

But it's Carole... :(

I'd say your right about the rookie producer ..possible night of mishaps ;)

I can't do it lads. I just can't...

Father Ted is on More4, so the decision's been made for me really! :pac:

I'll tell you a funny story.... The psychics do not have psychic abilities and thats from the BAI :)

I can't do it lads. I just can't...

Father Ted is on More4, so the decision's been made for me really! :pac:

I'm on E4, will flick back now and again, keeping an eye here, but outta here by 1 ;)

Is somebody's angel called Macarena? Those lads in suits will be pleased!

"AAAGGGGHHH! Me tank top's turned into some sort of woman's bra!"

*ahem*

Sorry, what were saying Carole? Talk to my angels? Oh right...

Wonder is that the rookie producer on there :confused: to start off the calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Lads, the will to live is being lost here quickly.
    I feel your pain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Given up!

Heeeeyyyyyyyyy Macarena! Hey!

[QUOTE=wnolan1992;81790422]"AAAGGGGHHH! Me tank top's turned into some sort of woman's bra!"

*ahem*

Sorry, what were saying Carole? Talk to my angels? Oh right...[/QUOTE]

*Knock, knock, knock* "Penny!"
    *knock, knock, knock* "Penny!"
    *knock, knock, knock* "Penny!"

"I just want to say, there was a time when the police in this country were friends of the church! Drunk driving charges quashed, parking fines torn up... even the blind eye turned to the odd murder!"

:D

Back to Carole now I guess... don't think I'll stay long though...

hmmmm bad marriage with kids what should I do section 3.1 (protecting the individual and society) dangerous ground.

"I just want to say, there was a time when the police in this country were friends of the church! Drunk driving charges quashed, parking fines torn up... even the blind eye turned to the odd murder!"

:D

Back to Carole now I guess... don't think I'll stay long though...

"This competition is a fraud, and a sham, and a ... fraud !!"

"Oooooh ... ah fuppin hell" :D

Back to Caro... no wait, there's got to be something better on :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

So, Psychic Readings Live said certain things.
    We complained.
    Our complaints were upheld by BAI.
    No mention of the broadcaster or producer apologising for broadcasting prohibited material or for any trauma etc. that could result.

"This competition is a fraud, and a sham, and a ... fraud !!"

"Oooooh ... ah fuppin hell" :D

Back to Caro... no wait, there's got to be something better on :eek:

"Well, well, well... What a pretty picture Father Crilly has painted.... How dare you bring SHAME on this, celebration of sheep!"
    "Don't be too hard on them... for they were merely pawns... the real villain in this piece has yet to be unveiled.... FARGO BOYLE!"
    *rabble* "F*cking hell!" *rabble*
    [....]
    "Should I call the police Father?"
    "No. He's lost the trust of his sheep. And that's bad enough, for a farmer who deals primarily with sheep."

It's scary that I could recall all of that from memory? :eek:

She's on 30 minutes now and only 2 calls..I'm sure a good few Marys would

have seen the upheld BAI complaints, which was very well done in a nice

colour and very legible, even for the people with eyesight problems.

• Advertisement

OMG...this is awful..turning into a Carole singing show, with all her favourites...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement