Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Screw this. Chris Rock is on Comedy Central Xtra. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

"Dear Carole, there's this old flame of mine called Wendy who's interested in rekindling a relationship with me, what do you see in my future love life?"

Dear Boardsie, If you talk to your Archangel, I'm afraid he will tell you she's going to be in a far away land, with a guy call Peter, surname Pan.

Now thats 4.88 please and I've told you more than Carole would have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If you went to your doctor and told them you hear laughing in your head you'd prob get a referral for schizophrenia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oh noes! The coins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Oh noes! The coins again.

The sign of utmost desperation

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

"Dear Carole, there's this old flame of mine called Wendy who's interested in rekindling a relationship with me, what do you see in my future love life?"

Dear John...

...I don't see any.

I'm not a fortune teller.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

But according to Carole, these coins are energised,and fully charged!!!

CIA Budapest branch will be interested in those coins.

CIA Budapest branch will be interested in those coins.

They'll probably do a raid tonight

From Wiki Raphael (Standard Hebrew רָפָאֵל, Rāfāʾēl, "It is God who heals", "God Heals", "God, Please Heal") is an archangel of Judaism and Christianity, who in the Judeo-Christian tradition performs all manners of healing. In Islam, Raphael is the same as Israfel.

• Advertisement

You wish we could see the design, well you only have one camera, so sorry, it's a shame we can't have a close up Carole ..wonder how that happened:rolleyes:

vlcsnap-2012-07-03-17h42m48s213.png

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

spookwoman wrote: »
    From Wiki Raphael (Standard Hebrew רָפָאֵל, Rāfāʾēl, ", who in the Judeo-Christian tradition performs all manners of healing. .

I wonder if she met him, while she was a nurse:)

Orielle wrote: »
    I wonder if she met him, while she was a nurse:)

From what she's just said I'd wouldn't say so..she probably met him while she was down and out, and he could be involved in the cosmic readings too.

vlcsnap-2012-07-03-17h42m48s213.png

Heeeelllloooo Serena....

Hi Sue!!!

Pitiful time between calls there.

Sad to say they probably were keeping people on hold all the way through that. :\

Cut off rather abruptly there. :D

Carole's DHL delivery of positive energy got lost in transit again.
    00.28 Dead line
    00.34 Male €2.44
    00.35 Dead line
    00.41 Female €4.88
    00.53 Pam €2.44
    00.58 Female €2.44
    01.04 Dead line
    01.08 Dead line
    01.12 Female €4.88
    01.20 Female €7.32
    01.38 Marie €2.44
    01.46 Anne €4.88
    01.58 Rosey €4.88
    02.23 Lena €2.44

Estimated total on air time cost excluding waiting time €39.04
    Flathan 16/11/2012 €156.16 -117.12
    Carole Davies 15/11/2012 €68.32 -29.28
    Flathan 14/11/2012 €75.64 -36.6
    Carole Davies 13/11/2012 €39.04 0 =
    Flathan 12/11/2012 €65.88 -26.84
    Carole Davies 11/11/2012 €82.96 -43.92
    Carole Davies 10/11/2012 €104.92 -65.88
    Flathan 09/11/2012 €48.80 -9.76
    Flathan 08/11/2012 €56.12 -17.08
    Flathan 06/11/2012 €80.52 -41.48
    Flathan 05/11/2012 €87.84 -48.8
    Flathan 04/11/2012 €82.96 -43.92
    Flathan 03/11/2012 €90.28 -51.24
    Flathan 02/11/2012 €109.80 -70.76
    Theo 01/11/2012 €61.00 -21.96
    Martina Kramer 31/10/2012 €100.04 -61
    Theo 30/10/2012 €51.24 -12.2
    Theo 29/10/2012 €97.60 -58.56
    Theo 28/10/2012 €129.32 -90.28
    Simone 27/10/2012 €141.52 -102.48
    Simone 26/10/2012 €95.52 -56.48
    Joanna 25/10/2012 €141.52 -102.48
    Joanna 24/10/2012 €239.12 -200.08

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Pitiful time between calls there.

Sad to say they probably were keeping people on hold all the way through that. :\

Would love to find out if people were on hold..they probably would have put
    more people through if there had been, just to prove to us they are getting lots of calls.

• Advertisement

Link to the 3 complaints upheld in Octobers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/CC_Decisions_October2012_vFinal-3.pdf
    26 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting individual and society); 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and 8.10.4 (claims pertaining to matter of health)).
    5 July - Section 8.10.4 (claims pertaining to matter of health)
    21 June - Ssections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society) and 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only))

Link to the 4 complaints upheld in Novembers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Broadcasting-Complaints-Decisions-November-2012.pdf
    23 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society), 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events).
    30 July - 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    11 August - 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and in particular section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).
    27th August - sections 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).

Apology broadcast on 5th October 2012 before Psychic Readings Live
    The Compliance Committee of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland has considered complaints concerning three segments of the teleshopping promotion, Psychic Readings Live. The segments were broadcast on 21st June, 26th June and 5th July 2012. The complainants stated that these teleshopping segments included referenced to health issues and consisted of an offer of a service that was not for entertainment purposes but was instead offering to foretell the future for those customers calling the premium-rate number associated with the service. These complainants state that the content was contrary to the requirements of the BAI's General Commercial Communications Code.
    Following its review of the teleshopping segments, the responses of the broadcaster and the complainants, the Compliance Committee has upheld the three complaints. It was the Committee's view that references in the segments to the health tests of a cancer patient and a comment that a caller was prone to depression constituted refererences to health issues.
    In addition, the segments contained frequent references to the abilities of the fortune tellers and psychics that were considered by the Committee to constitute the sale of a service that included claims of a real ability to foretell the future, rather than the sale of a service solely for entertainment purposes.
    Accordingly, the three segments were deemed by the Committee not to have complied with the requirements placed on the promotion of fortune teller and psychic services as set out in the BAI General Communications Code. It was also the view of the Committee that the teleshopping segments were not compatible with basic requirements of this code.

" refererences " is not a typo on my part

Apology broadcast 16th November 2012 before Psychic Readings Live
    'The Compliance Committee of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland has considered four complaints concerning TV3's Psychic Readings Live. The complaints concerned broadcasts on the 23rd June, 30th July, 11th and 27th August 2012.
    The complaints stated that in these broadcasts were references to health matters and statements that indicated that the service offered to callers to the broadcast were not for entertainment purposes only and were offering a service that would lead the viewers to conclude the presenters and other staff taking calls from the public had genuine psychic abilities. The complainants state that such content is not permitted.
    Following consideration of the complaints, the broadcasts and the response from the broadcaster the Committee has agreed to uphold the four complaints. In this regard, the Committee agreed that the broadcasts were not for entertainment purposes only and contained prohibited references to health matters. The Committee also agreed that references in the broadcast implied clearly that the presenters and other staff had actual psychic abilities.
    Accordingly the broadcasts were deemed not to have complied with the BAI General Commercial Communications Code.'

Please note another apology is due to be broadcast on Monday, 19th of November before the broadcast of Psychic Readings Live in relation to the same complaints that were upheld in Novembers meeting

Link to the 3 complaints upheld in Octobers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/CC_Decisions_October2012_vFinal-3.pdf
    26 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting individual and society); 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and 8.10.4 (claims pertaining to matter of health)).
    5 July - Section 8.10.4 (claims pertaining to matter of health)
    21 June - Ssections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society) and 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only))

Link to the 4 complaints upheld in Novembers meeting http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Broadcasting-Complaints-Decisions-November-2012.pdf
    23 June - Sections 3.1 (protecting the individual and society), 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events).
    30 July - 8.10.1 (service for entertainment purposes only) and 8.10.2 (predicting future events)
    11 August - 8.10.2 (predicting future events) and in particular section 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).
    27th August - sections 8.10.4 (pertaining to health matters).

No wonder it has become such a lame(r) show in the last week, Flathan must be especially seething inside that he can't
    exercise his "nature-born psychic ability" to make his "accurate predictions".

I guess we shall have no more flat burnings and subsequent renowations, stolen moneybags are a thing of the past, bye-bye dark-curly-haired strangers waiting to betray you :D

salle wrote: »
    Do not take all the calls for serius... Many of the calls connected to the studio are from crew or people that work at the line...
    Here in Croatia we have their shows on two different channels, one national and one local and for local channel they are lately prerecording most of the shows and broadcast it later on tv. All the calls are from the crew and psychics working for them. They pretend to be various people and, ofcourse, they are complimenting psychic in studio and agree for everthing he/she says.

Just to remind you all here's the post from Salle on 28th October..very applicable to the past week

I have been following this thread for a few months now. When I heard about John Sutton I started watching every night. I must say I love John, he is a legend. I never had as much of a laugh he is very entertaining. I decided to ring in for the craic and see for myself what was going on. I was waiting about 20 minutes before I got to talk to a girl from the call center. All she said was that I can't ask any question in relation to health but I could ask a question about love finances or career, my name date of birth nothing was asked for so John had no prior knowledge of me, in my case anyway. I asked about business and finances for the next year. John did the automatic writing and told me that money was coming from the bank but not to overstep the mark also I was told I was getting a lucky coin, at the end of the call the girl from the call center took my name and address. I got the lucky coin yesterday and where was it posted from, you guessed it Budapest Hungary. What is the story with the nutter from last night doing the cards, how many timess does she have to shuffle the cards, how many readings and questions does she have to do or ask before she tells people what they want to hear. She also tries to keep people on the phone for ages, her employers must love her. Just be aware that in my case I was held on the phone for 20 minutes before I went on air, so factor that in to the total costs for what they are earning. I just decided that night to see for myself how the setup operated I must admit it was an expensive lurk.

Another reminder from 24th October posting.

No wonder it has become such a lame(r) show in the last week, Flathan must be especially seething inside that he can't
    exercise his "nature-born psychic ability" to make his "accurate predictions".

I guess we shall have no more flat burnings and subsequent renowations, stolen moneybags are a thing of the past, bye-bye dark-curly-haired strangers waiting to betray you :D

I've just gotten a reply to one of my complaints to tv3, it seems a bit different to their stock replies, perhaps the continuing pressure is getting to them
    Thank you for your complaint.

We have informed the producers that matters relating to health cannot be discussed on air. However, due to the exigencies of live broadcasting sometimes the presenters attempt to answer a question without mentioning the health issue, to ensure that the caller gets a reading.

The presenters cannot advise callers to speak to doctors, however if a caller seems particularly distressed or vulnerable, the producers will provide them with appropriate helpline numbers off air.

We will reiterate to the presenters again that they cannot comment on any matters relating to health under any circumstances.

We regret any offence or distress caused to you to other viewers.

A rather odd response.

I've just gotten a reply to one of my complaints to tv3, it seems a bit different to their stock replies, perhaps the continuing pressure is getting to them

They cannot tell callers to speak to doctors?

Wish we'd known that sooner... Theo, Flathan, Sam and others have all told callers to speak to doctors...

But other than that paragraph, it's the same response I got yesterday. BAI now dealing with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Quote from BAI : The presenters cannot advise callers to speak to doctors

Surely that's the only advice that presenters should be allowed to give, because a large proportion of callers would seem to be in need of either medical and/or psychiatric help

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Quote from BAI : The presenters cannot advise callers to speak to doctors

Surely that's the only advice that presenters should be allowed to give, because a large proportion of callers would seem to be in need of either medical and/or psychiatric help

Just to clarify, it was TV3 that said that judging by Blaas' post. :)

Not a big deal really, just an important distinction to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement