Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, it was TV3 that said that judging by Blaas' post. :)

Not a big deal really, just an important distinction to make.
    You're right, as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

They cannot tell callers to speak to doctors?

Wish we'd known that sooner... Theo, Flathan, Sam and others have all told callers to speak to doctors...

But other than that paragraph, it's the same response I got yesterday. BAI now dealing with it. :)

Yeah I'm going to mention in my forward to the BAI that presenters do sometimes tell callers to speak to doctors.

The show has been so badly neutered in the last week that it can't be long before its off our screens and we can get back to watching Cold Case again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah I'm going to mention in my forward to the BAI that presenters do sometimes tell callers to speak to doctors.

The show has been so badly neutered in the last week that it can't be long before its off our screens and we can get back to watching Cold Case again.

I just hope Katerina gets a chat show or something...

I'd watch...

Hell, I'd ring in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

Weren't the presenters told to tell people to go to the doctor to avoid the health complaints...Blaas response looks like they just threw in that bit, with the remainder the same as many of their other stock replies. Is telling them to go to the doctor against the BAI rules.?? or is someone in TV3 getting very confused with all the complaints.

There must be 100's of times presenters told callers to go to the doctor...and that was only after the complaints re not discussing health started.

I just hope Katerina gets a chat show or something...

I'd watch...

Hell, I'd ring in...

and like the male caller that night, say "you're very pretty" ;)

Here we are, telling "the producers" that we'll ring in, and still, they pollute our screens with Carole "sorry, I can't give you a reading" Davies :confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

BMollie wrote: »
    Weren't the presenters told to tell people to go to the doctor to avoid the health complaints...Blaas response looks like they just threw in that bit, with the remainder the same as many of their other stock replies. Is telling them to go to the doctor against the BAI rules.?? or is someone in TV3 getting very confused with all the complaints.

There must be 100's of times presenters told callers to go to the doctor...

Tending to get awkward for them which is possibly why they're on cosmic ordering with no reading.
    If a presenter says you should see a doctor could that be construed as giving advice regarding health?
    This is usually relating to the body but could be applied to the mind which gives more 'no-go' areas.

Yep! Not much left to talk about. The green (screen) room could be for seeing out the initial contract. 6 months come the middle of December.

Of course, all that is in my opinion and is not fact until proven otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We seem to be in the end game now.

I expect the show to disappear suddenly with no announcement.
    I also expect TV3 to deny that it had anything to do with the BAI or us.

This is all in my opinion of course. But I believe my opinion to be true.

We seem to be in the end game now.

I expect the show to disappear suddenly with no announcement.

I just think the green screen lays bare the absolute sheer brazenness of these people. It's very clear that if they've lost the studio, something has gone terminally wrong from the Budapest side, and still they're resorting to desperate measures to keep reeling in their precious €2.44 a minute, until the last possible nanosecond.

And if Flatman is so talented*, what he still doing on this now train-wreck of a show with such regularity ?

* in his own opinion

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

But of course. A national broadcaster which has 'gone to great lengths to ensure that the service is fully compliant with all appropriate regulation' cannot be seen to admit they were wrong.

~
    usual disclaimer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I've just gotten a reply to one of my complaints to tv3, it seems a bit different to their stock replies, perhaps the continuing pressure is getting to them.
    Quote: Thank you for your complaint.

We have informed the producers that matters relating to health cannot be discussed on air. However, due to the exigencies of live broadcasting sometimes the presenters attempt to answer a question without mentioning the health issue, to ensure that the caller gets a reading.

The presenters cannot advise callers to speak to doctors, however if a caller seems particularly distressed or vulnerable, the producers will provide them with appropriate helpline numbers off air.

We will reiterate to the presenters again that they cannot comment on any matters relating to health under any circumstances.

We regret any offence or distress caused to you to other viewers.

Well about 28 mins in last night when Carole started talking about Raphael and that he is not always a healer (cough).
    "I must point out this is really important, I just want to say to you, yes he is there for you, he can lift your mood and spirit but if you're feeling more than unwell, if you feel ill please please contact your doctor. It's very important if you feel ill contact your doctor"

Yep I believe that email from TV3 will all my heart ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Lads, anyone know who's up this evening? Please not Carole. :(

I just think the green screen lays bare the absolute sheer brazenness of these people. It's very clear that if they've lost the studio, something has gone terminally wrong from the Budapest side, and still they're resorting to desperate measures to keep reeling in their precious €2.44 a minute, until the last possible nanosecond.

And if Flatman is so talented*, what he still doing on this now train-wreck of a show with such regularity ?

* in his own opinion

PK he has a host of fans here in Ireland...and he's getting his face on tv :rolleyes: a 2 hour ad would cost a fortune

PK he has a host of fans here in Ireland...and he's getting his face on tv :rolleyes: a 2 hour ad would cost a fortune

Yep, his FB page can vouch for that.

flutegirl wrote: »
    Yep, his FB page can vouch for that.

Just been on there and see he's picking his dinner winner soon..

Franziska Elsner is looking after it...he call's her his assistant.

Just been on there and see he's picking his dinner winner soon..

Franziska Elsner is looking after it...he call's her his assistant.
    Damn! I soooo wanted that job.

Good...Carole's stuck in the box tonight :D

The complaints stated that in these broadcasts were references to health matters and statements that indicated that the service offered to callers to the broadcast were not for entertainment purposes only and were offering a service that would lead the viewers to conclude the presenters and other staff taking calls from the public had genuine psychic abilities. The complainants state that such content is not permitted.

The Committee also agreed that references in the broadcast implied clearly that the presenters and other staff had actual psychic abilities.
    Accordingly the broadcasts were deemed not to have complied with the BAI General Commercial Communications Code.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*sigh*

Not sure I have the energy for this tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This cosmic rubbish is so not watchable.

Why is Flathan no longer using his "Letterman" cards? (yeah, I know that's not what they're called but that's what I hear when he talks about them! ;) )

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    Why is Flathan no longer using his "Letterman" cards? (yeah, I know that's not what they're called but that's what I hear when he talks about them! ;) )
    Ass covering in my opinion. Readins cards could be seen as predicting future events and that he's a psychic which is not permitted ;)

This cosmic rubbish is so not watchable.
    But I can see in the future that cosmic messages will be the rule rather than the exception. If they're careful, there's less chance of people (boardies) sending in complaints. Of course, this is my opinion

Telling us for real! .......

Taking no chances there on under-18s.

If this is Flathan's last show does that mean we have Carole for the rest of the month??:eek: I will be so well rested ;)

Caller hung up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

First time I've watched for a while. Have they gotten rid of the studio completely? He's just (poorly) bluescreened over a picture of the set.
    (apologies if there's been extensive discussion about this already!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

spookwoman wrote: »
    Ass covering in my opinion. Readins cards could be seen as predicting future events and that he's a psychic which is not permitted ;)

Yeah, I think we have broken Flathan :p

Tut Tut "Telling you for real what is happening in your future"

• Advertisement

I said it the last night he was on...but when he starts off "with you lovely child" stuff he sounds like a lay preacher :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement