Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

BMollie wrote: »
    Looks more like he should be working in a French Deli
    And Starelle looks likes a Madame in a French house of ill-repute (no offence!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Are they having lighting issues, seems very dark in the broom cupboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

My fellow Psychic Warriors, calling it a night, night all ;)

She seems to be reading from the cards a lot . Are they already prepared? And if they are, how is each reading unique and special to each caller?

flutegirl wrote: »
    My fellow Psychic Warriors, calling it a night, night all ;)
    Like flutegirl, I too am heading for the scratcher
    G'night all

• Advertisement

Find me something that doesn't get complained about? People complain about the price of bottled water , McDonald's were sued because the coffee was "too hot", I wouldn't be surprised if someone twigs North Africa can generate enough solar power to provide the western world with free energy.

The world works in ridiculous ways, but i can assure you the show is not generating the millions that some call in shows such as the prime time interactive shows are. These are the ones raping the phone bills.
    I imagine Simon Cowell solicitors are kept busy working over that load of complaints!

Cant please everyone all the time? I personally don't like the prime time phone in that supports and pays for shows like X factor, paying to try and sway a vote that lets face it has already been either decided or can be influence by the hosts. Each to their own I guess, but I hear you all shout "hypocrite" working for a call in entertainment service! And I would agree, but I see it as I am doing what I do anyway, just through Television media .

If I can affect a positive change in the two hours i am sitting there waffling away (which i might add, is long and tedious now due to the restrictions placed on us) then all the better. I would be happy to sit there for 2 hours and only take 1 phone call, as long as that person benefited from it.

Instead of trying to ram the show off the air, why don't you try working with it? Maybe finding a happy medium on the call cost and the show contents? Because believe it or not, the support for this show out weighs your complaints. So we must be doing something right

Peace

The lady doth protest too much ...

Edit: Interesting, first they tried the heavy handed approach by nuking spookwoman's youtube clips of the show, now they want to negotiate (for want of a better word).
    It may have something to with the fact there's probably more boardsies watching the show, than nightly callers ringing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Danielle giving a general reading after telling the guy she couldn't discuss medical issues on air. This guy could infer that the general reading applies to his medical issue imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

"You can ask absolutely anything"
    ~~~
    ...But that doesn't include everything.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Will put up log tomorrow knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

The lady doth protest too much ...

Edit: Interesting, first they tried the heavy handed approach by nuking spookwoman's youtube clips of the show, now they want to negotiate (for want of a better word).
    It may have something to with the fact there's probably more boardsies watching the show, than nightly callers ringing in.

Maybe I'm being naive here...but I thought that the points she made were fairly reasonable...I think that she is one of the better presenters(If indeed it is she) She lacks that air of borderline lunacy, that some of the others have.
    They really have their hands tied with all the restrictions (rightly so) but
    they don't look as if they are raking in the big bucks.Especially when you consider the green screen, and the fact that Danielle seems to be barely able to afford to dress herself,:eek: or get her hair coloured blonde:)

• Advertisement

Danielle Longer readings

00.12 Frank €2.44
    00.20 Gerard €7.32
    00.23 Edwina €2.44
    00.29 Aine €7.32
    00.37 Anne €4.88
    00.40 Katherine €2.44
    01.03 John €7.32
    01.09 Sandra €7.32
    01.15 Mary €7.32
    01.24 Mary €4.88
    01.31 Loraine €2.44
    01.45 Female €9.76
    02.01 Leana €7.32

Estimated total on air time cost excluding waiting time €73.20
    Danielle 27/11/2012 €51.24 €21.96 ↑
    Danielle 26/11/2012 €72.20 €1.00 ↑
    Danielle 25/11/2012 €56.12 €17.08 ↑
    Danielle 24/11/2012 €46.36 €26.84 ↑
    Danielle 23/11/2012 €85.40 -€12.20
    Carole Davies 22/11/2012 €95.16 -€21.96
    Carole Davies 21/11/2012 €39.04 €34.16 ↑
    Carole Davies 20/11/2012 €63.44 €9.76 ↑
    Carole Davies 19/11/2012 €82.96 -€9.76
    Flathan 18/11/2012 €53.68 €19.52 ↑
    Carole Davies 17/11/2012 €39.04 €34.16 ↑
    Flathan 16/11/2012 €156.16 -€82.96
    Carole Davies 15/11/2012 €68.32 €4.88 ↑
    Flathan 14/11/2012 €75.64 -€2.44
    Carole Davies 13/11/2012 €39.04 €34.16 ↑
    Flathan 12/11/2012 €65.88 €7.32 ↑
    Carole Davies 11/11/2012 €82.96 -€9.76
    Carole Davies 10/11/2012 €104.92 -€31.72
    Flathan 09/11/2012 €48.80 €24.40 ↑
    Flathan 08/11/2012 €56.12 €17.08 ↑
    Flathan 06/11/2012 €80.52 -€7.32
    Flathan 05/11/2012 €87.84 -€14.64
    Flathan 04/11/2012 €82.96 -€9.76
    Flathan 03/11/2012 €90.28 -€17.08
    Flathan 02/11/2012 €109.80 -€36.60
    Theo 01/11/2012 €61.00 €12.20 ↑
    Martina Kramer 31/10/2012 €100.04 -€26.84
    Theo 30/10/2012 €51.24 €21.96 ↑
    Theo 29/10/2012 €97.60 -€24.40
    Theo 28/10/2012 €129.32 -€56.12
    Simone 27/10/2012 €141.52 -€68.32
    Simone 26/10/2012 €95.52 -€22.32
    Joanna 25/10/2012 €141.52 -€68.32
    Joanna 24/10/2012 €239.12 -€165.92

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mkcastle

You're probably a nice person outside of your "psychic" work but your so-called talents are a sham, you cannot assign traits to people based on their star signs, the movements of the stars or planets cannot affect peoples personalities or future, there is no such thing as destiny, you cannot tell the future from cards or any other type of object, its all rubbish. In reality you have no more legitimacy than a 3 card monte shyster on times square.

I've been following this thread for quite some time now and I too disapprove of the show and question it value and ethics.

However, I have to say that while no one is forcing any of these callers to ring in, they have started pointing out the terms and conditions as well as mentioning the cost per minute. They never used to do this.
    Health is no also not discussed, where in the past some things under the umbrella of health have been (perhaps inadvertently by inexperienced presenters and producers not copping on quick enough).

While we can all be quick to criticise the bad that comes from this show we should also be just as quick to point out the good and the improvements they are making even if we still do not agree with or like the show itself.

Further, your comment above BlaasForRafa is perhaps unfair and one sided. Many people will question or disagree with certain religions or perhaps question the bible. That is their own personal choice of which they have the freedom to express.
    Your comment above comes across as fact yet has no substance to back it up.

Don't get me wrong, I myself do not personally believe in psychics, mediums, tarot and so on - but I know people who do and for them it can be a sense of comfort just as a religion can be to another person.
    Regardless of if what the presenters are saying is fact, rubbish, madness or a combination - the caller is most of the time taking comfort from a belief they hold, be that astrology, tarot or in the psychics.
    If they don't like the service provided I'm sure they will not ring in again after all that is their own choice to make and is not something we can prevent.

Should we start on the numerous chat or flirt numbers that are advertised around the same time as this show is aired? What about the lonely and desperate that choose to dial them? Perhaps because we don't know about how long they are on a call for and that we don't hear see this that makes it somehow acceptable?

Finally a couple of people have now taken to snide remarks over the presenters dress / clothing... I guess it proves a point that the show is moving in the right direction and improving if the only posts of substance are now being made attacking an individuals own personal dress.
    It's a new low where this thread was always to highlight the errors of the shows ways and help have them changed or the program stopped from being aired.

Once again I'm not a fan of the show, and I do question its merit, value and ethics but there are those that do take comfort from it and as such we should help improve it rather than slate it just because some slated it from day one and some on here may think it 'cool' just to bash the shows concept, the presenters or individuals own personal beliefs.

Rant over - let the flaming begin.

TL;DR:
    Many people do believe and take comfort from astrology/tarot whatever. That's their own choice to do so. We should not be negative about that in itself regardless of if we believe what the presenters are saying or not.

The show has made improvements, based on actual points made here in this thread way back. We should continue to point out the errors or where it can be improved further rather than just bash the show for the continued sake of it.

Being derogatory about a particular presenters attire is simply personal tastes and commenting on such adds nothing of value but only seeks to lower the credibility of the thread and could detract from other valid points people may make on here about the shows content.

No offence intended to any boardsie but I just want to see this thread kept mostly factual, to the point and honest about the shows content. The continued call logging is one such good example. Personal options, beliefs or judgements should be left out as much as possible.

Thanks for reading and toodles!

How's things over in Ballymount?

mkcastle wrote: »
    Further, your comment above BlaasForRafa is perhaps unfair and one sided. Many people will question or disagree with certain religions or perhaps question the bible. That is their own personal choice of which they have the freedom to express.

Hello new poster. So you think you can assign traits to people based on their star signs?, that the movements of the stars or planets can affect peoples personalities or future?, there is such thing as destiny?, you can tell the future from cards or any other type of object? Like to provide some evidence for that?

Health is no also not discussed, where in the past some things under the umbrella of health have been (perhaps inadvertently by inexperienced presenters and producers not copping on quick enough).

I would beg to differ on health not being discussed on air. Only a week ago Carole was advising a caller about her diet and how to lose weight.
    1. The church doesn't charge €2.44 per min based on the sound of someones voice. It also doesn't go around telling people that certain things will happen. If someone does go to a priest for guidance, he will listen to the whole story and give his best advice be it go see a professional etc.
    2. For a long time Ireland was under the rule of the church it is only now that the younger generations are opening their eyes and census records are showing this with an increase in the percentage of people with no religion. Skeptics are on the increase as there is not actual proof that psychic abilities exist, thats why the BAI doesn't like the show putting themselves across as proper psychics with "genuine abilities" and "God given gifts".
    I would also like to point out that on an Australian Government website it states that people are more susceptible to believe something if its on television and when a celebrity or so called celebrity is advertising. The "psychics" are claiming they have years of experience, have famous clients etc which makes the fairy tale all the more believable to some.
    Should we start on the numerous chat or flirt numbers that are advertised around the same time as this show is aired? What about the lonely and desperate that choose to dial them? Perhaps because we don't know about how long they are on a call for and that we don't hear see this that makes it somehow acceptable?

Those ads are following the BAI rules at the moment and when they break them its dealt with. If there is a problem when the caller calls the number you have to go to comreg and comreg monitor that side of things. It's not a case of out of sight out of mind and the subject has been brought up by a TD in the Dail.
    Once again I'm not a fan of the show, and I do question its merit, value and ethics but there are those that do take comfort from it

I would question the morals and ethics of the show there. If a professional was to give false information to a client they could be brought to court and charged. Why should it not be any different for a so called "professional psychic"?
    I would like to know if you have submitted any complaints ........... ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

While we can all be quick to criticise the bad that comes from this show we should also be just as quick to point out the good and the improvements they are making even if we still do not agree with or like the show itself.
    The good and the improvements are... ...okay, I give in; tell me.

Should we start on the numerous chat or flirt numbers that are advertised around the same time as this show is aired? What about the lonely and desperate that choose to dial them?
    I don't know if the callers are lonely and/or desperate but if you want to talk about the adverts and what's associated then feel free to start a thread on the topic.

Many people do believe and take comfort from astrology/tarot whatever. That's their own choice to do so. We should not be negative about that in itself regardless of if we believe what the presenters are saying or not.
    I don't believe that we're being negative about people's beliefs and getting comfort. What we, or at least I, object to is the manner and validity of the 'advice' given.

The show has made improvements, based on actual points made here in this thread way back. We should continue to point out the errors or where it can be improved further rather than just bash the show for the continued sake of it.
    Improvements - there have been some, mostly cosmetic, which make little difference overall or even have a negative impact.

Being derogatory about a particular presenters attire is simply personal tastes and commenting on such adds nothing of value but only seeks to lower the credibility of the thread and could detract from other valid points people may make on here about the shows content.

No offence intended to any boardsie but I just want to see this thread kept mostly factual, to the point and honest about the shows content. The continued call logging is one such good example. Personal options, beliefs or judgements should be left out as much as possible.
    If you really 'want to see this thread kept mostly factual, to the point and honest about the shows content' may I suggest you contribute in a positive manner. Sitting back for 5 months and doing nothing is not helpful.

Thanks for reading and toodles!
    ...and toodles to you ma'am.

@mkcastle
    Any improvements you may have noticed in the 'show' are purely because of the tremendous efforts of some of the subscribers to this thread, in contacting the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland to complain whenever they see contraventions of the broadcasting rules.
    Regardless of whether some viewers believe in the magic of Tarot cards, automatic writing, palm reading, or tea-leaves, it does'nt give the right to a bunch of chancers in Hungary to charge 2.44 per minute fees to vulnerable people, by basing so-called readings on nothing more than their the sound of the caller's voice. Never mind the fact that some of these callers are being kept on hold for, in some cases, up to an hour at premium-rate charges.
    I strongly suggest that you watch this programme regularly for a few weeks, to hear the hurt and desperation in the voices of some of these callers, and then listen while the 'psychics' spout generalities and rubbish at them.
    Or better still, perhaps you should ring the programme and find out for yourself just how accurate these 'readings' really are. Then come back to this thread on Boards.ie and tell all of us on here how their ''amazing psychic abilities'' were of benefit to you.

The studio is back with fresh meat.

Don't know this fellah. An apprentice psychic?

This is a change of tact completely.

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Don't know this fellah. An apprentice psychic?

I tuned in late, is he even a psychic or is he there as a "presenter"?

ESO must have paid the back-rent on the studio. I guess they can thank the Marys, Kathleens, Norahs etc for that

He is just a hustler presenting. Herself is the special guest.

Just switched over, is yer man a pyschic or a presenter? There's hope for wnolan ;)

Prob some friend of Sam or a friend of the corpse

Ronan there is a big difference between astronomy and astrology. Astronomy is a recognised science

''I want to know what the story is for the next couple of years in sport''

Did he expect them to say maybe: Kilkenny to win the hurling, Dubs the football, Man U for the Cup ? If so, he was sorely disappointed

He's probably there on a FAS internship.

A dog looking for a reading there.

• Advertisement

A dog looking for a reading there.

He's having a *ruff* time of it ;)

It is very late ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement