Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Psychics Live *****VICTORY THREAD******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Lads, we know it's not on tonight yet we're all here!!! :eek:

Who had money on "Without a Trace"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I never thought I would ever be happy to see Without a Trace on the TV. :D:D

"Without a Trace" - very apt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Saorview listings still say PRL!

"Without a Trace" - very apt ;)

LOL! Someone at TV3 has a sense of humour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Have they got the Without a Trace lads on to look for Flathan?

...missing for 22 hours...

Have they got the Without a Trace lads on to look for Flathan?

...missing for 22 hours...

Another 2 and we can get Jack Bauer out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think it's time we all logged off and catch up on some well earned sleep. :)

Night all!

I was just checking it was really gone.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think it's time we all logged off and catch up on some well earned sleep. :)

Night all!

A very sensible idea, night all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

I was just checking it was really gone.

WITHOUT A TRACE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

OMG.... Its gone...lol

No hope of seeing Katrin anymore makes me sad....

No more Psychic Sue and company... makes me happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_Readings_Live

Wikipedia says its over.. so it must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Poor Warren. He got about 3 nights out of it. But I bet he won't put it on his C.V. that he spent some time taking the p*ss out of ould ones

Quote from Wikipedia:

''At the moment Flathan, is the Big Star of Telemedia. His salary is more than €12,000 per Day.''

Michael Fingleton must be regretting that he spent all those years in the wrong job, and all he got was a lousy ould pension of 27 million

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If wayne is saying correct there is some writeup on his views about prl closure in daily mail and star tomorrow

Hmmm that will be interesting reading lol

Wonder if the psychics saw the cancellation coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

I tuned in on the very last night,with my laptop, a big glass of chilled white wine, and a comfy couch, all ready to see Flathan host the final 'show'. About 10 mins into the programme, my laptop crashed, and the wine tasted bitter....Is there no limit to Flathan's ability???
    Although personally I think Abigail and Patsy jinxed my evening, annoyed that they could no longer deliver white feathers to Carole's
    'angel people' :
    I'm fairly new to this thread, and to be honest...I have no idea how I got here...but thank you to all those people here, who ensured
    that the vulnerable, the lonely, and the elderly will not be ripped off this Christmas, by the 'psychics' of PRL:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Story from daily mail
    I’m not mad, I’m psychic

Axed TV3 clairvoyant to try his luck in US

PSYCHIC Wayne Isaacs professes to be a ‘credible’ soothsayer – but even he didn’t predict that Psychic Readings Live was going to be axed from TV3.

Medium’sThis is a medium:caption, Flathanthis is a wascaption, one of thisthe isTVa psychics

A spokesman for the commercial broadcaster confirmed yesterday that the final show aired on Monday night.

However Mr Isaacs said nobody had officially informed him about the decision to end the programme’s run.

‘I only heard through another person doing the show,’ he revealed.

‘Reading between the lines with my contact with the station, I think part of the problem was with the other psychics.

‘I am a credible psychic and so is Psychic John, but then you have other people in the line-up who kept telling people terrible things about their health and that their house would burn down and that let the show down. You can’t put just anyone on the television. I think unfortunately, they just didn’t find enough people of quality to put on the programme.’

TV3 plans to run ‘a combination of US acquisitions, factual entertainment and homegrown – Irish repeat content’ in its place.

Mr Isaacs, meanwhile, who is keen to make the most of his new-found following, added: ‘At the moment, I’m trying to do a show in the US, and my book – I’m Not Mad, I’m a Psychic – is out on December 14 so I am trying to promote that.’

Last month, the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland upheld seven complaints about the pay- perminute phone-in show, which offered advice for entertainment from psychics such as Flathan and Countess Nadia Starella.

Its axing follows the similar fate of another TV3 late night phone-in show, Play TV, which was pulled in 2010 after getting similarly bad publicity. In August, TV3 chief executive David McRedmond said the show was a legitimate revenue source.

Speaking at the station’s autumn launch, he said: ‘I make no apologies for TV3 absolutely maximising every cent of revenue we can get in a market where you have an outrageous level of bias towards RTÉ.

‘In that environment, you can be damn sure we are going to do everything we can to raise every cent of revenue we can commercially to be able to fund the best drama, the best reality shows and the best entertainment shows.’

He added: ‘We have what’s called a three-hour infomercial window and we sell that space and we have to raise that money. We have no money – we get no license fee – our only funding comes from advertising.

‘We need to sell it, and to be honest, we don’t make editorial judgments about who we sell it to.’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BMollie

So Psychic Wayne Isaccs, in his opinion, is the Real McCoy, how arrogant that man is, even PRL never brought him back onto the show, he was possibly one of the worst presenters that show has had.

Well it will be interesting to see how the US take to him, good riddance I say. And let him take 2hat John with him, they must suit each other :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

spookwoman wrote: »
    ...from daily mail
    I’m not mad, I’m psychic

In August, TV3 chief executive David McRedmond said the show was a legitimate revenue source.
    The show may have been a legitimate revenue source, unfortunately the way it was presented and monitored was not.
    Speaking at the station’s autumn launch, he said: ‘I make no apologies for TV3 absolutely maximising every cent of revenue we can get in a market where you have an outrageous level of bias towards RTÉ.
    Was the TV3 group forced to start? I think not. They thought they would succeed. Tough.

‘In that environment, you can be damn sure we are going to do everything we can to raise every cent of revenue we can commercially to be able to fund the best drama, the best reality shows and the best entertainment shows.’
    Best drama, reality & entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

All of this is proving TV3 do have a sense of humour after all, I doubted them after 'Tallifornia' and whatever Debs rubbish they were peddling out.

BMollie wrote: »
    So Psychic Wayne Isaccs, in his opinion, is the Real McCoy, how arrogant that man is, even PRL never brought him back onto the show, he was possibly one of the worst presenters that show has had.

Well it will be interesting to see how the US take to him, good riddance I say. And let him take 2hat John with him, they must suit each other :mad:

Don't distress yourself unduly BMollie - I think the Will Smith caller effectively killed off any chance of being taken seriously ever again:

231534.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H0LgnCUdk

spookwoman wrote: »
    Story from daily mail

‘I am a credible psychic and so is Psychic John, .. .... ‘At the moment, I’m trying to do a show in the US, and my book – I’m Not Mad, I’m a Psychic – is out on December 14 so I am trying to promote that.’

A deluded gob****e..... And his book, does he have the title arseways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

how about a traveller bare knuckle tv show, 32 contenders, each wednesday night would be 2 fights, the losers have to win a text in vote to stay on the show. you could prob have text in betting too.

Something like the running man would make sense. Climbing for dollars.

Now that would be an entertainment service and providing a valuable public service.

how about a traveller bare knuckle tv show, 32 contenders, each wednesday night would be 2 fights, the losers have to win a text in vote to stay on the show. you could prob have text in betting too.
    I'm confused about your posting.Why would they have to be Travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

coolhull wrote: »
    I'm confused about your posting.Why would they have to be Travellers?
    because it's tv3 and travelers are in fashion now

• Advertisement

because it's tv3 and travelers are in fashion now
    In that case, why not the judges from XFactor, or even better, the presenters of EXpose?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement